Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any types of texters that you hate?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

The texters that really bother me (aside from people who text and drive) fall right into the "too little" and "too much" categories. I don't need a response immediately, but if I message you about something I don't think a response within the day is too much to ask. On the other hoof, if we aren't friends you shouldn't be texting me every day. Places like the forum here are different, when I come here it's because I want to talk to people, but you shouldn't be invading my PM-personal space like that...

• Brohoof 1

People who use text speak, people who have visibly "read" your message but don't reply and one word testers. My dad does it and it's like...what's the point? If you're going to be a one-word texter you might as well shimmy on into Category 2 of annoying testers.

Also people who send their texts using multiple messages when they could just use one. And they keep coming through before you have a chance to respond.

/rant over !

I have people that instead of actually providing an answer to a question I'm asking, they respond with a "k" or "okay". I'm ASKING YOU A QUESTION, not an actual phrase. It just tells me they don't wanna answer me or anything and that's dumb. They could have just told me "I don't know, sorry". 

• Brohoof 1

Oh I got one: When you create a long, thought filled text that runs so long you can write a book on how many characters you typed and then they respond with a simple "k"    

That one drives me crazy  :angry:

Edited by Creative
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I hate the kind that text

one sentence at

the time.

I mean, why? 

Or the one with a text that looks like an essay. 

I don’t text and have never sent one in my entire life. I do go on chat sites though and get the same sort of thing. I don’t like an overabundance of abbreviations. I don’t understand what most of them mean and I think it’s terrible to abandon the beauty of real language.  

What the hell is everyone's problem with one word answers? If something can be answered in one word then it's perfectly acceptable to use one word to answer it. 

(edited)

I hate ones that can't type in complete words. Is it REALLY so much trouble to type out "you" over "u" or to learn how to spell "like"? Then there's "lol." At least type it in UPPER case as it is an abbreviation. If not, type out something like "that was funny." :dry:

Edited by Dusklicious
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Dusklicious said:

I hate ones that can't type in complete words. Is it REALLY so much trouble to type out "you" over "u" or to learn how to spell "like"? Then there's "lol." At least type it in UPPER case as it is an abbreviation. If not, type out something like "that was funny." :dry:

lmao :P