Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cosmetics, and Appearances

That Horse

So, I just personally think that maybe they overdid it with the fashion and design in Equestria girls.  FIrst off, I just think that those boots that are almost everywere as it seems to me at least, they are just overdone.  And dear lord, if they are really gonna give them boots, they should make the boots a little more relevant to the characters.  In color, design, and general purpose.  Maybe the boots should be used for more than cosmetics, or appearances, but from the design of the boots, it seems to me that they are entirely meant to be aesthetic.

Secondly, their skirts, and clothing seems revealing in some cases.  I guess skirts are just meant to be up to the upper knee, but it still just seems to me that their design is flawed in that way.  Something I find interesting is that as it appears to me, Rainbow Dash, her skirt is apparently even smaller than the others' skirts, but her underwear goes farther than her skirt.  I'll give Hasbro that,  but to me, it's a little disappointing.

I personally like the movie otherwise, I just don't like how they are gender-based cosmetically.  They need some variety!  They're apparently showing that all males have to wear pants, and all females have to wear near-provocative skirts and whatnot. Variety is just, it just seem to be very absent in this movie, the second movie, and he overall design of the humens (Humans).  So, to conclude this, this was just my opinion.

(Look at this image, and think about the cahracters.  Yeah, this is their main placement of clothing for the protagnists, and the antagonist.)

post-28192-0-02640400-1417102869_thumb.jpg

I agree that the Humane 6 aren't really designed well, and it isn't just their clothing. Since they all wear boots and skirts that look the same, it is really hard to know who is who. Their hair is the only way on how you can identify an EqG character, which I find to be a downgrade compared to the actual Mane 6's designs.

The reason that the Mane 6's designs work is that their mane and tails come in different shapes and sizes. Even if you remove their manes, you can still identify their recognisable tails. If you remove the Humane 6's hair, you can't tell who is who thanks to their similar clothing and same body shapes.

A silhouette is a must in any character design. If you made a set of characters that are identifiable with a silhouette because of different shapes, sizes or whatnot, then you got yourself a good design. Because of that, it's pretty clear that Lauren Faust knew what she was doing when designing the Mane 6, compared to the cheap and underwhelming designs of the Humane 6.

If there is one thing I want to see improved in the Humane 6 designs, it'll have to be the clothing and the body shapes. Both can not only give you an idea on the character's personality, but also creates diversity to whatever race they belong in.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity would have bestest skirt for me, if not for Pinkie's skirt. My Pinkie bias denies all other skirts as bestest. However, Rarity has second bestest skirt in my eyes.  :maud:

Hmmm...funny, because my Rarity bias denies all other skirts as bestest.

...this is a conundrum.

• Brohoof 1

...this is a conundrum.

zNQgyqBNSG8.jpg

Conundrum indeed... We could always pretend to compromise on bestest skirts, it's what politicians do.  :maud:

I am willing to say Rarity's skirt is just as bestest as Pinkie's, if you are willing to gather votes from your caucus to pass a bill we both couldn't are less about, but we want to so that we can save face in the eyes of our constituents.  :maud:

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, I feel like the people who have a problem with these sorts of things are also the only ones who notice them. I get where you're coming from, but all of their outfits are things I personally could see them wearing.

zNQgyqBNSG8.jpg

Conundrum indeed... We could always pretend to compromise on bestest skirts, it's what politicians do.  :maud:

I am willing to say Rarity's skirt is just as bestest as Pinkie's, if you are willing to gather votes from your caucus to pass a bill we both couldn't are less about, but we want to so that we can save face in the eyes of our constituents.  :maud:

...this is a conundrum.

Okay, maybe that's enough arguing for one day between you two.  Seriously. RAINBOWS.

I agree that the Humane 6 aren't really designed well, and it isn't just their clothing. Since they all wear boots and skirts that look the same, it is really hard to know who is who. Their hair is the only way on how you can identify an EqG character, which I find to be a downgrade compared to the actual Mane 6's designs.

The reason that the Mane 6's designs work is that their mane and tails come in different shapes and sizes. Even if you remove their manes, you can still identify their recognisable tails. If you remove the Humane 6's hair, you can't tell who is who thanks to their similar clothing and same body shapes.

A silhouette is a must in any character design. If you made a set of characters that are identifiable with a silhouette because of different shapes, sizes or whatnot, then you got yourself a good design. Because of that, it's pretty clear that Lauren Faust knew what she was doing when designing the Mane 6, compared to the cheap and underwhelming designs of the Humane 6.

If there is one thing I want to see improved in the Humane 6 designs, it'll have to be the clothing and the body shapes. Both can not only give you an idea on the character's personality, but also creates diversity to whatever race they belong in.

I seriously have to agree, but I just wonder: Why would they make them worse in quality?  It's possible that they try to appeal to us bronies by making them humanlike (I just realized what I am implying) but it just doesn't work in my opinion too.  Plus, for their design, I guess it makes sense that their skin color is the same as their coat, but maybe there should be Black/White kind of colors.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, maybe that's enough arguing for one day between you two.  Seriously. RAINBOWS.

You thought we were "arguing"? :maud:

b15109d5eca7d43dba680b453f23a9c5_small.j

I somehow doubt that was the case.  :maud:

Rarity has bestest skirt like Pinkie. :maud:  

on topic:

Why would they make them worse in quality?

I think EQG is just fine in "Quality", sure it's not perfect, but really, imo, it's fine.  :maud:

It's possible that they try to appeal to us bronies by making them humanlike (I just realized what I am implying) but it just doesn't work in my opinion too. 

EQG was not 'made for bronies', why you even assume such is quite interesting. It was clearly made to appeal to young females in high school. :maud:

.  Plus, for their design, I guess it makes sense that their skin color is the same as their coat, but maybe there should be Black/White kind of colors.

That would have caused unnecessary issues if im understanding what your saying correctly.  :maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...