Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv First Trailer For Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Orablanco Account

It has begun...

Just a teaser, but it actually looks pretty cool, but that may be because I expected them to focus on the old characters for the trailer, and the idea that this new movie will just be a retread of the past instead of something new is what's been keeping me from getting too excited. It's still a bit reliant on imagery from the Orig Trig, but if the sole presence of the new characters here is an indication that they really will be the focus, that'd be nice.

What do you think? Excited now? Indifferent? Think this is gonna be another case of people getting too excited over the first trailer?

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 5

Remember Disney has the right to lucasarts.

I never got the argument that something was gonna suck just because Disney made it. We all know full well they are capable of making perfectly good movies.

Y'know what else Disney made?

• Brohoof 5

Yeah but remember this the age where cgi is all you need to get so much money yes there are some good movies but this is Star Wars and the 70s cheesiness is not going to fit in this day and age

• Brohoof 1

70s cheesiness is not going to fit in this day and age

Based on recent cinematic evidence, I don't think we're gonna have to worry about people not taking to 70s cheesiness.

post-12583-0-54553900-1417191436.gif

If Episode VII sucks, it's not gonna be because of Disney or out-if-dateness, I tell ya w'hat.

• Brohoof 3

WEDGE! I saw Wedge Antilles! (squee!)

Seriously, the flight scenes are visually amazing!

(And, of course, there was lens flare.)

EDIT: I found out it's not Wedge. The actor declined to be in these films. :(

Edited by Red Cedar
  • Brohoof 2

Well ok but it's my opinion and you have my opinion but in my opinion episode vii will suck and that it was bad enough we have the prequels and I think episode iv v vi were good enough for the Star Wars franchise

I wasn't hyped at all before watching that.

I am now seriously hyped.

Honestly, as much as I hate that the EU is being ignored, that's isn't a key thing for me. I just want to see the movie do well, and I think it could do pretty well. I think I'm one of the few fans of old Star Trek (TNG in particular) that actually did love the first movie (haven't seen Into Darkness yet), so I'm willing to see what Abrams did for Star Wars.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't hyped at all before watching that.

I am now seriously hyped.

Honestly, as much as I hate that the EU is being ignored, that's isn't a key thing for me. I just want to see the movie do well, and I think it could do pretty well. I think I'm one of the few fans of old Star Trek (TNG in particular) that actually did love the first movie (haven't seen Into Darkness yet), so I'm willing to see what Abrams did for Star Wars.

I liked Into Darkness. For the most part. There were one or two things in it that were like "wut," but it was enjoyable and entertaining.

I think that he'll do a decently good job with this. It's Star Wars, with a totally original storyline that isn't based off anything in particular besides its predecessors. I look forward to this movie, and the teaser was pretty sweet.

• Brohoof 1

I liked Into Darkness. For the most part. There were one or two things in it that were like "wut," but it was enjoyable and entertaining.

I think that he'll do a decently good job with this. It's Star Wars, with a totally original storyline that isn't based off anything in particular besides its predecessors. I look forward to this movie, and the teaser was pretty sweet.

I was the same about the first of the reboot Trek films. It had some great parts mixed in with some...interesting parts. XD I bought Into Darkness just last night, so I'll hopefully watch that one fairly soon. I seem to recall many classic Trek fans absolutely hating on the movie, so...yeah.

But yeah, my thoughts echo yours on Star Wars. As long as the plot and characters are interesting; I'm game. Plus, those X-Wing scenes... <3

OMG GAIZ, DIS IS GONNA SUCK SO BAD! THERES NOT GOING 2 BE MARA JADE AND DISNEY WILL PROBABLY ADD MICKEY MOUSE 2 IT!

All seriousness though, JJ Abrams is very good at what he does, so I'm expecting this to be very cool.

• Brohoof 3

I have this sort of feeling that it is going to be 1999 all over again. Disney is going to find a way to F*** it up. The Main problem the Sith Lords lightsaber. It seems that is going to be a main selling point, kind of like another movie...

Well ok but it's my opinion and you have my opinion but in my opinion episode vii will suck and that it was bad enough we have the prequels and I think episode iv v vi were good enough for the Star Wars franchise

OK see here's the thing.

You can't compare the prequels to this new set of movies.

George Lucas wrote the prequels himself. He had help (and MAJOR editing done) with episodes IV, V, and VI.

The thing about George Lucas is that he's a shitty writer with an imagination.

He created the world for IV, V, and VI, but the names, the dialogue, the characters, oh man, was so terrible. Did you know that Luke Skywalker's original name was Luke Starkiller? Yikes.

The fact that he's a terrible writer and needs a serious editor when he creates stuff is evidenced by episodes I, II, and III.

But now, George Lucas isn't writing the next movies.

WHICH IS A GOOD THING

I also don't understand the Disney bashing. Have you not watched anything made by Disney in the last 5 or so years? The Avengers is already mentioned up there (which is my favorite superhero movie). They used CGI in that film - did it look terrible? I don't think so. It looked good to me.

But what's up with the Disney bashing anyways? Like does everything think that because Disney made it it's going to become kiddified? Does anyone think that Harrison Ford is going to break out into a Let It Go dance montage with Mickey Mouse or something?

I was the same about the first of the reboot Trek films. It had some great parts mixed in with some...interesting parts. XD I bought Into Darkness just last night, so I'll hopefully watch that one fairly soon. I seem to recall many classic Trek fans absolutely hating on the movie, so...yeah.

But yeah, my thoughts echo yours on Star Wars. As long as the plot and characters are interesting; I'm game. Plus, those X-Wing scenes... <3

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm there is something that happens towards the end of the movie that might make you angry. Or flabbergasted. Or it might make you headdesk.

I'm not even a Trekkie but because I knew something about that particular moment as it happened in the original, it seriously made me be like, "Um, why did you do this?"

You'll know what I'm talking about as soon as you see it. I just know it. XD

• Brohoof 5

No I don't think Harrison ford is going to do a let it go,

It's just that it may be for the more younger audiences and yes the avengers had cgi but I didn't like it not because of cgi I thought it just isn't my favourite type of thing although I like action.

It's just that Star Wars should have been left as it is since it has most of the space holes between the episodes filled in.

It does not look that good for me, I'm afraid. 

There is very little hint about story (or even no hint at all) and it looks like some random scenes fused together for a trailer to shut mouths. Also I am unsure about "new" look of lightsaber. I see no point in it looking like "standard" sword. 

For now I feel like my hopes went a bit down, but I will wait for more information about the movie. 

• Brohoof 1

OK see here's the thing.

You can't compare the prequels to this new set of movies.

George Lucas wrote the prequels himself. He had help (and MAJOR editing done) with episodes IV, V, and VI.

The thing about George Lucas is that he's a shitty writer with an imagination.

He created the world for IV, V, and VI, but the names, the dialogue, the characters, oh man, was so terrible. Did you know that Luke Skywalker's original name was Luke Starkiller? Yikes.

The fact that he's a terrible writer and needs a serious editor when he creates stuff is evidenced by episodes I, II, and III.

But now, George Lucas isn't writing the next movies.

WHICH IS A GOOD THING

I also don't understand the Disney bashing. Have you not watched anything made by Disney in the last 5 or so years? The Avengers is already mentioned up there (which is my favorite superhero movie). They used CGI in that film - did it look terrible? I don't think so. It looked good to me.

But what's up with the Disney bashing anyways? Like does everything think that because Disney made it it's going to become kiddified? Does anyone think that Harrison Ford is going to break out into a Let It Go dance montage with Mickey Mouse or something?

I have nothing but applause for that. Well said.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm there is something that happens towards the end of the movie that might make you angry. Or flabbergasted. Or it might make you headdesk.

I'm not even a Trekkie but because I knew something about that particular moment as it happened in the original, it seriously made me be like, "Um, why did you do this?"

You'll know what I'm talking about as soon as you see it. I just know it. XD

Oh geez, don't make me curious. XD

I grew up a Star Trek fan, so...yeah. Thank you. :P

• Brohoof 2

No I don't think Harrison ford is going to do a let it go,

It's just that it may be for the more younger audiences and yes the avengers had cgi but I didn't like it not because of cgi I thought it just isn't my favourite type of thing although I like action.

It's just that Star Wars should have been left as it is since it has most of the space holes between the episodes filled in.

CGI isn't your favorite kind of thing, OK...

Also so you're saying, "No I don't think that what you're saying will literally happen, but it will figuratively happen."

Did you know that The Avengers is not a movie for "younger audiences?" And neither is Pirates of the Caribbean? Yup, those movies were made by Disney too (I know that PotC is not the best example when defending quality regarding Disney films since the movies do, in my opinion, get progressively worse, but those movies are still pretty dark, and not for "younger audiences." Disney's recent films - including almost all of the Marvel ones - are all way up in quality while in the early to mid-2000's Disney was barely making quality films).

It does not look that good for me, I'm afraid. 

There is very little hint about story (or even no hint at all) and it looks like some random scenes fused together for a trailer to shut mouths. Also I am unsure about "new" look of lightsaber. I see no point in it looking like "standard" sword. 

For now I feel like my hopes went a bit down, but I will wait for more information about the movie. 

To be fair, this is a "teaser," not a full-on trailer.

Random scenes fused together is how teasers work. Go on YouTube and watch other "teasers" for other movies.

Again, teasers are not trailers.

Full trailers for Star Wars Episode VII will be released eventually.

This short teaser is just to get people informed about when things will be happening, and to set expectations.

• Brohoof 1

But seriously, that's a cool lightsaber. I've always wanted to see more variation in the designs, like somebody might have a longer or shorter blade based on their fighting style.

8CLszPg.gif

Edited by CITRUS KING46

CGI isn't your favorite kind of thing, OK...

Also so you're saying, "No I don't think that what you're saying will literally happen, but it will figuratively happen."

Did you know that The Avengers is not a movie for "younger audiences?" And neither is Pirates of the Caribbean? Yup, those movies were made by Disney too (I know that PotC is not the best example when defending quality regarding Disney films since the movies do, in my opinion, get progressively worse, but those movies are still pretty dark, and not for "younger audiences." Disney's recent films - including almost all of the Marvel ones - are all way up in quality while in the early to mid-2000's Disney was barely making quality films).

To be fair, this is a "teaser," not a full-on trailer.

Random scenes fused together is how teasers work. Go on YouTube and watch other "teasers" for other movies.

Again, teasers are not trailers.

Full trailers for Star Wars Episode VII will be released eventually.

This short teaser is just to get people informed about when things will be happening, and to set expectations.

Sorry. Everyone was saying "trailer" around me and eventually I got brainwashed by that word :derp: