Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ScarfaceOne

Oh yeah, Avatar of course. However, you must consider that was a central part of the show. Also the show's demographic was older. To insert war into a show like MLP just seems unfathomable to me since it goes against the show's foundation.

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic? Doesn't quite work :lol:

Indeed it wouldn't exactly fit the tone of FiM, and would most likely result in backlash from both bronies and parents if it was attempted. The most we got was the changeling battle in the second part of A Canterlot Wedding. I'd figure that's the closest we'll ever get to a war canonically.
  • Brohoof 1

Nope. While I'd still like the idea of a war as it goes beyond the expectations for a cartoon as family-friendly as MLP:FiM, the change of mood is certainly off-putting. If they were to, they'll go as far as the Twilight v.s. Tirek fight, but even so a war in MLP:FiM ignores what makes the show good in the first place. A war might work in the comics or a fanfic, but that's it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If Avatar and Korra can pull off depicting a war, I think it would be interesting to see what Meghan McCarthy and the other writers could do, so far the closest we have come to a battle was A Canterlot Wedding. I believe everyone should see what a war looks like, if they could see the dreadful consequences of war, the least likely they are going to justify sending real people to fight in a real war, this was something I felt when I was in the military, and now my brother and youngest cousin are in the service. Try to ignore the fact the main audience is young girls, this so has gotten away with so much, perhaps it could take a risk and go to the worst folly of civilization, enough betting around the bush, people can not always expect to not see the repercussions of their failure to hold their leaders accountable, or skip out on their duty to their community, I am confident the ponies can show us how we could behave when the worst of times come, when a friendship is put to the ultimate test, as the Japanese proverb goes "In time of peace prepare for war, but in times of war never forget the chance for peace." 

''War, War never changes''.

''War was an abstract idea, nothing more than a show on TV''.

''We are not tools of the government''.

Have you played Metal Gear, Ace Combat and Fallout? War is a very strong theme in those games. There was a scene in Ace Combat 5 where a plane crashed into leaking oil, killing the sailors, and the death of a squadmate, which indicated the consequences of war. Metal Gear Solid 3 had Spoilers: Snake kill his spiritual mother to prevent a war. Plus, the opening scenes of Narnia had the London blitz. I played Metal Gear Solid at the age of 4. I never understood that it was about war. But now I understand the consequences. In Metal Gear Rising, Armstrong used war for profit. I Think that somehow, these little kids may have to be taught about war. As it is a subject that thousands of innocent children get killed in, and a subject that has a questionable morality. So therefore. The series should be about war. Rest assured that we will probably get a hint during Commie Land Part 2 or whatever the episode name is.

Bad idea. With the Royal Guard and the Wonderbolts being how they are Equestria would just lose.

That's another problem. From the looks of it, the EUP are underfunded. And that is another reason why I think it is likely. That's why I think they will ''gain trust and war assets''.

In the MLP Season 5 teaser, the narrator says ''Nothing can prepare her for what comes next''. I personally think it will be a war, as you can never prepare for war unless you build assets before. War comes when you never expect it. Also, the first episode will have a seemingly communist society. At the end of the episode there will probably be a hint like in Season 4. I Think that the Mane 6 will go around gaining war assets like in Mass Effect or Fable III. Only thing is, should little girls be introduced to war?

P.S: Have Hasbro learned from spoiling season 4 with that playset?

Don't forget what I said about the playset spoiling.

Plus, Transformers is about a Civil War on Cybertron. Which is another thing.

And also, that brings me back to another thought. Tirek as a superweapon. Everyone disagrees with me because Fluttershy can't cope with a demonic centaur. But I have just realized he could be an important war asset.

Greatest, Idea, EVER!!!! Why don't, we get Wierd Al to support this plot theory and he can loop, ''It's time to let your babies grow up to be cowboys!!!''.

Edited by 41Hornet
  • Brohoof 1

Well, maybe they are finally learning that most people who watch the show aren't little girls.

I think you're underestimating the number of little girls who watch it.

But if little boys can watch shows with wars in them (e.g. Transformers), why can't little girls? Provided there isn't gore and gratuitous violence I don't have a problem with that. Friendship is Magic has previously had battle-like scenes and handled them appropriately. (Appleloosa, the Changelings, Tirek, etc.) I have confidence they could stage a war in Equestria without inappropriate levels of violence.

• Brohoof 1

We've already had a battle in Canterlot Wedding, and between Appleoosa and the Bison, plus stuff like the fight in the season 4 finale. A war isn't necessarily too much of a big step away from what FiM's done already.

But it's still probably not going to happen. S5 will probably explore stuff about how Twilight gets used to her new role as princess of friendship, and how it affects the elements' relationships with each other. There'll obviously be more of the same kind of stuff with new characters coming in for an episode and learning about friendship, and hopefully some more backstory on Scootaloo or about what was actually going on 1000 years ago with so much conflict between Celestia and Discord, Sombra and Nightmare Moon.

They could conceivably put a war into the season finale, but it's not the most likely option.

My Little Pony: Fighting Is Magic? Doesn't quite work

Yep. It got C&D'd :P

It could work though. They've already had a lot of fights.

• Brohoof 1

Yep. It got C&D'd

As I understand it, the game is still being developed. They're just using non-pony characters, which Lauren Faust has designed specifically for them.

How would such a war work? There hasn't been much in the way of world building in the show, and I doubt that Hasbro would be okay with the inclusion of international armed conflict in a show aimed primarily at little girls.

At best, any future "wars" will be local in nature and involve non-violent and non-lethal tactics and weaponry (think Applebuck Season).

I see absolutely no chance of a war happening. Who would they even be going to war with? There's no direct rival nation that we know of, and certainly nothing has been hinted at this before. If there were to be a war I'd think they'd build it up slowly with hints here and there, political tensions rising, instead of just starting a new season and being all like, "let's go to war".

Then again, who knows? Perhaps the writers will have went crazy and decided to paint Celestia as the evil tyrant many see her as and she goes mad with abusing her power on a Hitler like rampage across Europe wherever.

Or maybe it'll be the pony version of Ragnarok and everpony dies, only to be born anew in slightly different guises, thus leading us to the new generation.

Facting it no I say no because HasBro said they would chug on the show after season 5 so my guess is that a war would be in the last season not season 5 because HasBro said it would not be the last

Edited by EB Creations

Thought the same when looking at Twilight's new castle, the upgraded library lvl 2. Specially the meeting room shown in the teaser.

Hope it's not about war, but a major event which threatens Equestria, wich will require the cooperation between all. So we get more fun, beyond any political nonsense. Getting to know a new race, or two, their societies, new villains, places and events.

Is it gonna be about war, isn't it? :(

I would like them to able to set "slice of life" kind of episodes, within this whole troubling context. So it's not too much focused into the main event.

Personally, I do like variety.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

That would definitely be a good idea, but that's not going to happen.

Season 5 is too early anyway, maybe in seasons 6-7+.

And it's originally a cartoon for little girls, I don't think a war would interest them...

I see absolutely no chance of a war happening. Who would they even be going to war with? There's no direct rival nation that we know of, and certainly nothing has been hinted at this before. If there were to be a war I'd think they'd build it up slowly with hints here and there, political tensions rising, instead of just starting a new season and being all like, "let's go to war".

Then again, who knows? Perhaps the writers will have went crazy and decided to paint Celestia as the evil tyrant many see her as and she goes mad with abusing her power on a Hitler like rampage across Europe wherever.

Or maybe it'll be the pony version of Ragnarok and everpony dies, only to be born anew in slightly different guises, thus leading us to the new generation.

New one that has been invented and/or changelings.

• 2 weeks later...

A war would be cool but MLP is a kids show 

This line bugs me, Sure MLP is a show for children, so is Kids next Door, Legend of Korra, the Last Airbender, Star Wars: The Clone wars, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, TMNT, and a TON of other Kid cartoons that portrayed War in a very entertaining way. It can be done, just don't make it to dark and you are fine

• Brohoof 1

Yeah that would be absolutely awesome, who would it be between though.

This would be awesome. If Chrysalis does return then this will be the most obvious route. Chrysalis will try and get revenge on the mane 6 and try a second time to rule Equestria. Meanwhile Celestia's advisor (could be anyone: Flash Sentry, Shining Amour, brought back Star Swirl, or Discord) could warn her of the attack and Rainbow Dash has to use her leadership skills to assemble an army. Meanwhile the armies fight and we get a really epic episode.

While I am not against the idea, I'm not exactly for it, either. I mean I'm not sure if they could really balance an all-out war with their usual slice-of-life episodes. Granted they could do what they did with "Canterlot Wedding" and keep it a two parter or what not, but I'm not sure they could really stretch it out and further than that.

Of course I'm up for whatever the writers have in store.

Personally, I think a war is a cool idea. It allows growth for the Royals and their guards, makes it possible for the ponies to travel to other places in and out of Equestria AND seeing as we have dealt with almost every possible problem( Tierek= power crazy, Nightmare Moon= Jealousy etc.) we may get a new villain that ISN'T from 1,000 years ago!!!  

As long as it involves an original villian and communism I'm fine with it. But there might be some backlash from parents saying that the show is promoting communism if there is ever a war in equestria.