Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ScarfaceOne

I guess I'm one of the few against this idea. To me it just sounds like people want the show to be edgy and shit

I'm with you on this

Seriously, how does a war even make sense in this show? It's about characters and friendship and family-friendly stories. I don't think war really fits into that lol

I get the feeling people want a war in MLP so they can tell anti-bronies how cool and dark this shows is. I imagine the conversation would go like this:

"You watch my little pony? That's for little kids bro."

"No man, it's cool! There was just an episode about war and characters died!"

"Woah! This show sounds awesome! I guess bronies are cool after all."

Yeah, this idea and this conversation are no more real than the ponies of Equestria

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

Seriously, how does a war even make sense in this show?

Easy: Have some other country or faction try to take over Equestria or something.

It's about characters and friendship and family-friendly stories. I don't think war really fits into that lol

I'm sure families can handle conflicts with high stakes. And just because war part of the main conflict doesn't mean that character interaction or friendship morals will be gone.

I get the feeling people want a war in MLP so they can tell anti-bronies how cool and dark this shows is.

Look, I find people like that annoying as well, but there are other reasons than that to want high stakes in the show. The reason I would like to see a story like that is because it would mean greater danger, consequences, responsibility for the main characters to go through. (Or maybe I'm just baised, judging from my avatar.)

I'm not saying it's likely that there will actually be a war in the show, although it's not entirely implausible. Meghan McCarthy has said a few times (from what I can recall) that she always wants to exceed whatever has been done previously on the show. Again, I'm not necessarily saying it will be a war, (I don't want to have unfairly specific expectations for future episodes,) but maybe something with greater risks and burdens for the main characters to overcome.

• Brohoof 1

I'm with you on this

Seriously, how does a war even make sense in this show? It's about characters and friendship and family-friendly stories. I don't think war really fits into that lol

I get the feeling people want a war in MLP so they can tell anti-bronies how cool and dark this shows is. I imagine the conversation would go like this:

Yeah, this idea and this conversation are no more real than the ponies of Equestria

No No No, the characters don't die. They still live, just that it's a massive war.

Easy: Have some other country or faction try to take over Equestria or something.

I'm sure families can handle conflicts with high stakes. And just because war part of the main conflict doesn't mean that character interaction or friendship morals will be gone.

Look, I find people like that annoying as well, but there are other reasons than that to want high stakes in the show. The reason I would like to see a story like that is because it would mean greater danger, consequences, responsibility for the main characters to go through. (Or maybe I'm just baised, judging from my avatar.)

I'm not saying it's likely that there will actually be a war in the show, although it's not entirely implausible. Meghan McCarthy has said a few times (from what I can recall) that she always wants to exceed whatever has been done previously on the show. Again, I'm not necessarily saying it will be a war, (I don't want to have unfairly specific expectations for future episodes,) but maybe something with greater risks and burdens for the main characters to overcome.

If you've played Ace Combat, you would understand that soldiers have bonds during war. Think about how emotionally attached you can be with characters. They employ good use of teamwork and friendship. And especially get angry when a certain squadmate dies. In Metal Gear, COD and Battlefield, the bond between characters. 

I'm with you on this

Like I said, it doesn't have to have death in it. That can wait.

If you've played Ace Combat, you would understand that soldiers have bonds during war. Think about how emotionally attached you can be with characters. They employ good use of teamwork and friendship. And especially get angry when a certain squadmate dies. In Metal Gear, COD and Battlefield, the bond between characters. 

I don't get it. What's your point?

It's that soldiers have strong bonds in war and that can be in MLP.

I never said they didn't. I'm not sure how you interpreted my post, but I never said I was against a war in MLP, if that's what you thought.