Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people think FiM is recorded at The Ocean Group?

TheMisterManGuy

I read a comment on Mr. Enter Johnny Test review on YouTube that stated that the shit the Ocean group went through before Friendship is Magic. I wanted to facepalm because Ocean has no involment in FiM nor are they involved in Johnny Test. JT and MLP's voice acting are recorded at Voicebox Productions, Inc. Much like Ocean, Voicebox is also based in Vancouver. And the recording studio behind G3 was BLT Productions, Ltd. another Vancouver recording house. Ocean's not the only recording company in Vancouver and it annoys me when people make that misconception.

Here's Voicebox's voice demo in case you didn't know. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGpfBLcwLAM

I'm sure the misconception was probably brought on by the fact that the same names are in every Vancouver production, no matter which recording studio did the sound work. It's easy to assume they're all together in one company since they're always co-starring with each other in most of their works, but that's just how it falls. They're all freelancers, but they all have similarly marketable talents and thus are cast together most of the time.