Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the Worst City You've Visited and Why?

CC_Maud_Pie

Have any of you ponies visited a city where you felt "This is a dump. I wanna leave" or "There's nothing here, I'm bored". If so, list them and your reasons. In my opinion, Downtown Oakland because it looks like a dump and it gets unsafe at night, plus from what I've seen, lots of people riot there a lot. Also Hayward because it looks like a dump and mini version of Downtown Oakland and Daly City because it gets so foggy, it's depressing and there isn't much to do over there.

• Brohoof 3

A little town called Milton. I decided to accompany my friend early in the morning to this town because he had to take his little step-brother to some baseball game, but for whatever reason the baseball game lasted WAAAY longer than it should have. We decided to go kill some time by going around town, but the town was tiny and it had NOTHING to do, there was a TIINY park with a little river, but there wasn't much to see besides that. We tried drifting there, but the car's traction didn't let it happen. So we just drove up and down the highway, went to taco bell. It was terribly boring and there's nothing to do in that town. There was a trail but we didn't feel like walking because the sun was beating down that day.

• Brohoof 1

New Orleans, Louisiana

I would never visit that city again as long as I live. The city had a strange odor (especially in the French Quarter which my guess is from the flooding from Hurricane Katrina), the people were very rude there as well. I was pretty disappointed because I thought there was stuff to do in that city but it was boring.

Edited by RainbowDash72
  • Brohoof 2

Little River, South Carolina. It sucked. My aunt lives there and I go there every summer for about a week to sped some time with her. It's a short distance from  Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It had PLENTY to do. It's just the fact that my aunt wouldn't go. It made my experience with the town horrid and intolerable. The food quality, anywhere, was terrible. No one in that town can cook. And no one can drive. My aunt almost wrecked a few times with me in the car because people don't know how to use their signals. I also hate the fact that people had to manners. No "excuse me". No "thank you" or "your welcome".

I also went to Greensboro, North Carolina once for a Taylor Swift: RED concert and Paul McCartney concert. They CAN'T drive. They also stare you down if take just a glance at them, don't they know that's rude? I'll soon be returning to Greensboro for Taylor Swift: 1989 and trust me, I dread it.

Worcester, Massachusetts.

Unfortunately it's a large city in close proximity to my town. Place is a dump, hard to navigate, terrible drivers, trash everywhere, etc. Just a bad place in general. I hate having to go there for any reason.

• Brohoof 1

Haven't been to those cities before but the one I disliked most was Sacramento CA. It's dirty, the air is very polluted, the people are creepy, the cops are corrupt, it's the second hottest place in Cali besides Death Valley. UCK! It's just a bad place to be, not many smiles going around, everyone there seems to be sad about one thing or another. Walk down the street and before you meet someone you would want to meet, you run into a drug dealer or a thief. 

I wouldn't say any of the cities I've lived in/visited were so terrible, but the worst I've lived in was Spanaway, Washington.

The people there were pretty much all annoying and total potheads. Now I don't have a problem with people smoking weed (though I'd never do it myself) but most people there were ignorant about it. Made me hate going to school so I switched into half online school so I didn't have to be around them quite as long. Made no real friends there and was happy I moved to a different city a year later. Though I moved back to Texas which is so much better than Washington :nom:

Trust me don't go to Newcastle or Sunderland, the people are quite violent and Scotland ,oh be careful of Glasgow they worst of the drunks live there. Manchester is where the chavs and mugs live unfortunately, and the law order is terrible.

This is in the uk btw from my experience

I actually can't say that I've ever been to a city terrible enough for me to outright call it terrible.

Heck I've even been to Detroit. I think that given the state of the city in recent years I could technically say that it's the worst, but there are aspects about Detroit that I really enjoy so I can't give it that much crap.

Although, I have been to a place called Highland Park. It's a city within Detroit that, back in the 50's, was split off into its own city because of how much it was thriving. Now, it's a bit of a dump. Don't recommend going to Highland Park for a trip I'll tell you that. I'd recommend a vacation in Detroit over one in Highland Park, because you could at least visit downtown Detroit and enjoy that aspect of it (and downtown is pretty safe, especially compared to the rest of the city).

• Brohoof 1

I haven't been to many new cities in several years, and those that I have visited have been pretty good. I really can't think of any city I've visited that are like the ones mentioned above. :huh:

However, when I was like 5 or 6, my family and I went to Duck, North Carolina, but there was a hurricane evacuation warning the day after we arrived and we had to leave. So I guess that wasn't a very pleasurable trip, though I don't remember much :wacko:

New York City.

Would never like to visit it again.

The most stressful time ever. 

Too bad that my parents are eager to go there next summer. I'm not very fond of enclosed cities like that. I visited Argentina 3 years ago, and I can say Buenos Aires was my least favorite destination of the trip. But the worst city in my whole life is.... Caracas. Venezuela is a shithole already, crime everywhere, you can't buy anything because there's scarcity and the prices are insanely high due to inflation, and Caracas is worse in terms of crime. The saddest part..... this is were I live  :(

Edited by Zekromic

I agree with Oakland. There's tolls on all of the major bridges that cross water in the North Bay area, and they're supposed to be paying towards San Fransisco, but you're really paying to get out of Oakland.

I don't like San Francisco either. The lanes are too narrow, and there are way too many people crowded into one area. Driving a stick shift there is a nightmare.

• Brohoof 3

Worst in terms of what?

College Station.

Lubbock, Texas, I think. It's so dam small; it's in the middle of nowhere, and there's nothing to do!!

I haven't been to a lot of big cities.... and the ones I've been to are alright.

I can tell you Detroit is not on my bucket list.

Edited by JingleWolf

Prague.

The city itself is not bad, it's just being there as a citizen of Denmark. All czech people hate danish students with a passion for very obvious reasons.  :P

Noumea, New Caledonia

(it's a small French archipelago east of Australia in the Oceanic region).

I visited there while travelling on a cruise and dear god, I regret it. Not only was the city excruciatingly boring, but also the people were extremely rude. Everytime I asked for help or directions, people just looked at you and mumbled "I don't know" under their breath and walked off.

Edited by Flitter

Prague.

The city itself is not bad, it's just being there as a citizen of Denmark. All czech people hate danish students with a passion for very obvious reasons.  :P

Why would they hate danish students tho?  :wau:

Why would they hate danish students tho? 

Well..  :comeatus:  

Namely because it's become a tradition in Denmark, amongst college students like myself, to travel to Prague and get completely shitfaced, thereby destroying hotel property, harassing its citizens, causing mayhem.

That sorta thing.  :lol:

Well..  :comeatus:  

Namely because it's become a tradition in Denmark, amongst college students like myself, to travel to Prague and get completely shitfaced, thereby destroying hotel property, harassing its citizens, causing mayhem.

That sorta thing.  :lol:

Ow...should sorta be making sense then I guess  :muffins:

Yea there a lot of small cities in Idaho like that... There absolutely nothing other little theft shops.. Which only is only fun for 2.2 mins...

Also Salem Oregon literally only has a mall and a movie theater.. It gets so boring living there after so many years..