Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

rainbow rocks How did the Dazzlings become human? Theories?

TheMarkz0ne

So if Adagio, Aria and Sonata crossed to the real Equestria.. Would they become ponies? But wait they're sirens. What's going on here. I'm hoping those sirens didn't possess any girls in the human world. As soon as those gems at the end broke, the Dazzlings ran away powerless. I'm confused.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Well, the gems are what gave them the ability to feed on the negativity of others, to grow that power and spread the negativity further. So, without the gems, they were just normal... girls/seaponies?

I assume they became human simply by crossing over, as Twilight does when she uses the portal. So if they ever do get back, I suppose they'll have their... seapony forms. But without the gems, they would likely be no threat to anypony.

• Brohoof 2

They mentioned in the movie that they were Sirens, which as shown in the end of the movie are horse/Dragon/Naga type things, as well as the beginning of the movie. They were thrown into the world by Starswirl the Bearded or whatever his name is, and its shown by the first movie that when a pony or equestrian enters the Human World they turn human. So..That rule follows with the Sirens.

And yes those Gems are their source of power, allowing them to sing and collect negative energy, all of this is explained in the movie, I would suggest going back and watching in a little more detail :P

Depends on what the 'Sirens' really are in Equestria. We saw storybook versions, but that didn't really go in excruciating detail as to exactly what they were.

From what we've seen, Sirens are either the aquatic equivalent to the Windigo spirit-creatures, or corrupted merponies/seaponies (which were brought up in the comics and G4 storybooks, so might exist in show canon) in the same lines as Sombra being a corrupted unicorn. And the merponies in the comics looked a *lot* like the energy form shapes the Sirens took on during the battle of the bands.

In mythology, Sirens are actually bird-people, not mer-people, but a lot of people get confused over that, so the name isn't helpful there.

If they are corrupted merponies, it would make sense that they would turn into humans, as the seaponies are treated in the few media they show up in as being as much 'pony' as pegasi and unicorns are.

And if they are corrupted merponies, the gems might have been the focus of that corruption. My Little Pony, in all it's generations, has a fixation on gemstone-based magical artifacts. Things like the Alicorn Amulet, the Elements of Harmony, the Crystal Heart, etc. Sometimes singular, sometimes in sets. Three corruption-gems would fall very easily into that structure.

• Brohoof 2

They mentioned in the movie that they were Sirens, which as shown in the end of the movie are horse/Dragon/Naga type things, as well as the beginning of the movie. They were thrown into the world by Starswirl the Bearded or whatever his name is, and its shown by the first movie that when a pony or equestrian enters the Human World they turn human. So..That rule follows with the Sirens.

And yes those Gems are their source of power, allowing them to sing and collect negative energy, all of this is explained in the movie, I would suggest going back and watching in a little more detail :P

No I know why they have their powers and I know that they were banished. I just got confused... Spike for example.... becomes a dog from a dragon. So what Sirens become human in the other world? 

I am talking about what the portal does. I know the movie of course.

People are doing pony fanart of course which is confusing.

• Brohoof 1

It might be that all sentient species from Equestria would turn human into the human world as they are the only senient species there (except dolphins that is) therefor i think any sentient species--> Siren, pony griffin, etc would become human

Spike is "sentient" but that is due to him being raised by a sentient species as other dragons or wild creatures wouldn't be as...civilized?

No I know why they have their powers and I know that they were banished. I just got confused... Spike for example.... becomes a dog from a dragon. So what Sirens become human in the other world? 

I am talking about what the portal does. I know the movie of course.

People are doing pony fanart of course which is confusing.

Spike is a Dragon, and thus completely different from Pony kind, but one could argue that a Seapony is just another variant, like Earthpony, Pegasus, or Unicorn, and therefore alters into a human as those types of ponies do.

They were banished by starswirl. Although its fun to imagine the adventures they had and what effect they could have theoretically had on events in history, i think starswirl pulled an aku and sent em to the future which explains why hey still look like teenage girls.

They were banished by Starswirl the Bearded because he believed their magic power would be lost in the human world, of course because Twilight's crown ended up there and its magic was left there, that's how the Sirens were able to regain the Equestrian magic. I would like to see what would happen if any other creatures from Equestria went through the portal like a phoenix or a Ursa Minor.

I'm more curious about is how they were banished in ancient Equestria, but ended in modern day human world

Well, either they're very long-lived (like Celestia) and have been wandering around for a thousand years or however long... which doesn't strike me as reasonable given how they behaved. Or time runs at a different speed in that dimension, and they haven't been there that long from their perspective.

Which actually might make sense. Since Twilight seemed completely unaware of Sunset being a prior special student of Celestia, it's possible Sunset has been in the EqG universe for a *long* time, only a couple of years in the EqG world, but decades passing in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

Well, either they're very long-lived (like Celestia) and have been wandering around for a thousand years or however long... which doesn't strike me as reasonable given how they behaved. Or time runs at a different speed in that dimension, and they haven't been there that long from their perspective.

Which actually might make sense. Since Twilight seemed completely unaware of Sunset being a prior special student of Celestia, it's possible Sunset has been in the EqG universe for a *long* time, only a couple of years in the EqG world, but decades passing in Equestria.

OR Star Swirl, with his tendency to "Merlin" his way through time and space, just shot them into the "future". That's what makes the most sense to me.

OR Star Swirl, with his tendency to "Merlin" his way through time and space, just shot them into the "future". That's what makes the most sense to me.

Huh. Hadn't even considered that idea. That's an interesting one. :)

• 5 years later...

i feel like there's a lot of plot holes about the sirens. one weird theory i have is that they possessed the bodies of 3 teenage girls when coming to the human world, hence the fact that the sirens came out of the girls in welcome to the show, but the girls were still floating on stage. that theory is kinda dark but...oh well :adorkable: