Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Countries Traditional Food

Lordav

And... are you from the South?

I live in the west. I've never traveled in the southeast US. At least from here, I can stand to criticize the cultures and traditions of other people since none of those things exist here. I just think it's silly to call something a tradition when it wasn't invented by the people making the claim and it was made by a corporation. So if the inhabitants of that land have even the resemblance of tradition, it's limited at best.

I live in the west. I've never traveled in the southeast US. At least from here, I can stand to criticize the cultures and traditions of other people since none of those things exist here. I just think it's silly to call something a tradition when it wasn't invented by the people making the claim and it was made by a corporation. So if the inhabitants of that land have even the resemblance of tradition, it's limited at best.

I honestly think it would be hard to find anything from the US that hasn't had a corporation involved in its development.  We are, after all, dependent on industrialized and processed food here.  And if you did, it would either be the work of immigrants from other nations or a very obscure and unknown Native American dish. 

I honestly think it would be hard to find anything from the US that hasn't had a corporation involved in its development.  We are, after all, dependent on industrialized and processed food here.  And if you did, it would either be the work of immigrants from other nations or a very obscure and unknown Native American dish. 

That is why I made my first post on the subject. Americans enjoy the culinary traditions of many global cultures.

Believe it or not.  Chop Suey is not Chinese.  It was invented in California during the 1850s (most likely San Francisco).

Late 19th century when Edward VII was still Price of Wales he visited the USA & said he couldn't recall whether he went to Philadelphia to meet Biddles (a prominent family) & eat Scrapple or to eat Biddles & meet Scrapple.

Also the poem (Ogden Nash?)

Welcome to Boston

The home of baked beans and cod

Where the Cabots speak only to Lowells

And the Lowells speak only to God

Also, in the Southern portion of the USA you've got grits (kind of a mush).  Somebody once said they would just as soon they put mud on his plate.  Definitely an acquired taste.

Edited by sweetolebob18

New Zealand? 

We don't have many New Zealand specific foods, considering the history of the country. 

So the only real NZ Traditional food I can think of is: 

Pavlova.

p604enz.jpg

It can be decorated with Kiwifruit too (instead of strawberries). 

2996391.jpg

Anzac Biscuits

300px-ANZAC_biscuits.JPG

• Brohoof 1

Here is some Australian food.

Frog cakes

540px-Frog_cakes.jpg

Anzac biscuts

640px-ANZAC_biscuits.JPG

Lamington

640px-NZ_Lamington.jpg

And of course, Vegemite

Vegemiteontoast_large.jpg

Australia doesn't have all much in the ways of food, but these are probably the most iconic foods I can find. Besides Anzac biscuits, I don't like any of them. I will say that frog cakes originated in South Australia, which is the state I live in.

Edited by The Snowy Odyssey
  • Brohoof 2