Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do Non-Australians think of Australians?

Lisa

Seeing as there is another thread of a guy asking foreigners what they think of America, I'd like to create one of Australia.

What do you guys think of us?

Edited by Colourful Colour
  • Brohoof 1

I just picture it as a hot and dangerous place.

I imagine that Australians are very friendly.

Edited by Royal Blue Jay
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think it's fair to judge a whole group of people just because of their nationality. :P I'm sure there are good Australians and bad Australians, just like there are good and bad Americans/Canadians/etc.

I've had all good experiences with Australians on this forum though. :) I've talked with one of my Australian friends (The Snewp) on skype, and I must say that his accent is so cute ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I use to stay up til the wee hours of the night in a skype group with several of them, we played minecraft and other games and had so much fun. My experiences with them have been quite enjoyable.

Not to mention one of my favorite youtubers is australian and andrew ucles is a boss, that dudes surviving if the world ever goes to ruin.

this is the place with the kangaroo highway isn't it?

seriously though, Australia is good... my rate 8/10

australians, even better

Edited by Pink
  • Brohoof 1

I'm Australian, but I'll give out my thoughts anyway...

From my experiences I see a lot of people who are surprised every time they meet an Australian since most of the people they usually come across are either American or British. These people even visit my country just to experience the sunny weather. I find the weather here aggravating, but that's a different story. :P

I do find it slightly annoying any time a non-Australian makes fun of our culture, though. I know they're joking, but I don't find stereotypical Australians to be clever. Then again I'm not that much of a humorous person.

• Brohoof 3

I'm an American.  For financial reasons, I ride the bus.  I talk to the people on the bus. (All Americans know that everyone in the world wants to know our every thought.  This is why we invented Twitter.  You didn't ask for our thoughts because you are shy, that's OK.  We'll still share.  God himself couldn't stop us)

Here in Phoenix, we don't see many folks from either England or Australia.  Thus, we can't really tell some English accents from some Australian.  Both groups seem to find this either infuriating or amusing, depending on their attitude.

Like your ideas about America, we get ours mostly from TV.  To us, you are Crocodile Hunter, or what's that movie "That ain't a knife.  This is a knife.  (Pulling a machete).  Hey, be fair now.  We're not all Rambo or Dirty Harry

Edited by sweetolebob18

Well, I once spent a few days with about 50 Australian boys around the age of 15. They were pretty cool guys. I also managed to deduce that Australia actually surrounds the sun. Like, no one lives in the Outback because it is literally the Sun.

I'm an American.  For financial reasons, I ride the bus.  I talk to the people on the bus. (All Americans know that everyone in the world wants to know our every thought.  This is why we invented Twitter.  You didn't ask for our thoughts because you are shy, that's OK.  We'll still share.  God himself couldn't stop us)

Here in Phoenix, we don't see many folks from either England or Australia.  Thus, we can't really tell some English accents from some Australian.  Both groups seem to find this either infuriating or amusing, depending on their attitude.

Like your ideas about America, we get ours mostly from TV.  To us, you are Crocadile Hunter, or what's that movie "That ain't a knife.  This is a knife.  (Pulling a machete).  Hey, be fair now.  We're not all Rambo or Dirty Harry

I believe you're referring to Crocodile Dundee.

My opinion?

Australians seem pretty cool. Haven't really met in IRL or on the Internet though. But from what I've seen it seems like a dangerous place to live and the people there seem pretty friendly and awesome.

I know several Australians, I like a few of them and dislike a few of them. In general though I think you guys are friendly. It seems like a nice place to live although I would be terrified of all the animals. :please:

˙sʇuǝɔɔɐ ʇɐǝu ǝʌɐɥ noʎ osl∀ ˙ssǝnƃ I 'ǝɔɐld ɹǝɥʇo ʎuɐ ǝʞᴉl ʇsnſ ˙ppɐ oʇ ǝslǝ ɥɔnɯ ʇ,usᴉ ǝɹǝɥʇ 'ʇɐɥʇ ɟo doʇ uo ʇnq ˙ʎʇᴉuɐɯnɥ ɟo llɐ llᴉʞ oʇ sʇuɐʍ ǝɹǝɥʇ ǝɔuǝʇsᴉxǝ uᴉ ǝɹnʇɐǝɹɔ ʎɹǝʌǝ puɐ ʇǝuɹǝʇuI pooƃ ʇnoɥʇᴉʍ ǝɔɐld ɐ sᴉ ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀

(ps I hope somebody gets the joke there)

Edited by Toaster Bot
  • Brohoof 2

I haven't met very many, they seem like any other group in terms of how they are, so I don't have much to say other than "they're nice". I also remember reading somewhere that Australians are like British hillbillies. :huh:

Well I make it a point not to judge people based on their nationality. I treat everyone in a case by case basis. So I can't really tell you what I think of you as a group as I'm sure there's plenty of different kinds of people in "Australian." I will say I feel a greater idealism kinship with Australians than most other nations. Freedom and personal responsibility seem to be ideals passed around a lot there and I approve. (Although I don't claim I know they are, they just seem to be.)

In one of my original stories, I even combined the U.S. and Australia into one nation, the Columbian Commonwealth, because of my respect for the country.

I'm not sure what I should think of them since I never met anyone Australian. But I think people just kind of ignore them because they're tucked into the outback. In fact, the Australians only got out of the Stone Age, like, 200 years ago. One piece of proff for that is the crazy prices for many products, because what do they have to trade back, Nuclear Power. What is that currently good for when we have nowhere to put the waste?