Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! new character designs

TheMisterManGuy

My opinions on them.

Fred- What the fuck is wrong with his knees? Last time,I checked,knees don't bend that way.

Velma- The best looking one. But,she looked way better in Mystery Incorporated. What's with the doll lips?

Scooby Doo and Shaggy- Talk about flanderized. They look like total stoners.

Daphne- What is up with her eyes? They stare into my soul.

All,I can say is that these designs are hideous,and I hope they don't see the light of day.

Seriously,Teen Titans Go had a more appealing art style. 

• Brohoof 2

First off, I'd like to point out it's just the way Shaggy and Fred's pants fall on their legs that makes it looks like they have some freaky form of Genu recurvatum... if you allow your brain to believe that!

But yeah, that character design, GOD DAMN. Everyone looks soooo... ugh! :eww: Scooby looks especially derpy to me.

I'm in agreement with everyone who said the design looks like some kind of Family Guy style fanart!

What on planet Earth did they do to Daphne?!

Seriously, I see nothing nice about new design. Sorry, but for me it is one big nope shouting at me and punching me in face at the same time.

img-3336408-1-be_cool_scooby-doo_charact

To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about these new designs. They look like Family Guy rejects.

It looks kinda weird but I think they're going for the nostalgic part with those knees and everything

nononono...

I used to watch Scooby Doo, when I was little girl. I like the old design of Scooby Doo, he looks very nice and amicably. And this new Scooby Doo looks as if he was a drug addict or something like that. Also, I think, that kids don't like him at all.

*Insert What's New Scooby Doo theme music*

"Scooby Scooby Doo, What happen to you. We didn't need a re-designs. You know what happen to Sonic and Co. We don't wanna see that again."

*Insert What's New Scooby Doo theme music*

"Scooby Scooby Doo, What happen to you. We didn't need a re-designs. You know what happen to Sonic and Co. We don't wanna see that again."

Meh.

I never liked Scooby Doo so I don't care much one way or the other.

I will say this appearance definitely doesn't resonate with me much; and there are some elements that do remind me of Family Guy (though certainly not Teen Titans GO! as a couple have said.  Seriously, what?).

As for Fred's and Shaggy's knees, those are folds on their pants on the back of their knees.  Pants tend to have those since they bend there so often and they're just really exaggerated here.  I've seen several art styles do that, particularly in newspaper comics.  Dagwood, for example:

2002110810d.jpg

The stylistic simplicity does make me think the designs may lend themselves well to actual animation though.

Arrrggghhh, Scooby.... Aggghh. Where are you Scooby?!?

This is the worst thing i've seen since that.. excuse.. of a movie that had Rowan Atkinson in it. :eww:

Seriously? Who looks at this.. WHO looks at this and says: "Yep! That's just what they needed! The kiddies will love it!"

The sad thing is they probably will...

• 1 year later...

At least there's no Scrappy Doo... ? :please:

I'd like to see Scrappy Doo done in this new style.  Then perhaps the true awfulness of Scrappy Doo will be fully realized. xD

Daphne looks like a store mannequin, Fred is apparently the son of Jay Leno now, Velma has a fish for a head, Scooby just passed gas, and Shaggy is a walking hobo skeleton.  It's an ugly style...  Annnnd...  Eh, I don't hate it. xD  I kind of appreciate ugly art styles; some cartoons I've genuinely liked went that route.  I realize this is different because the characters are long-established, but maybe the cartoon itself will be tolerable.

Sometimes a cartoon's art style will grow on you if you watch it for a while. The same thing happened to a lot of people with Zelda: The Wind Waker (not a cartoon, I know, but this still applies).

This actually happened to me with Friendship is Magic. When I first saw the character designs, I thought they looked like cheap knock-offs of the older MLPs. When I finally watched the show, the art style quickly grew on me.

Edited by Detritus

• 4 years later...
On 12/15/2014 at 2:31 AM, TheMisterManGuy said:

be_cool_scooby-doo_character_redesigns.j

To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about these new designs. They look like Family Guy rejects.

Pony Life!

Look at those noses! And Scooby is definitely drawn as a Family Guy character!

I honestly laughed, at first I thought it was parody of scooby Doo from adult cartoon. Well I bet the comedy will be good right? 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...