Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dawning Demon

Why are Bronies so adorable? A majority of you guys and girls are so nice and pleasant to talk to, also very excepting and creative bunch of people. It makes me proud to be a Brony, I always find every other Brony adorable because of this. :pinkie::rarity:

Do you guys and girls have the same opinion or am I just weird. xD

Oh stop, your making me blush

princess_luna_blushing_simple_by_w0lfyliBut seriously, the show makes up the fandom. The purity and positivity of the show reflects on the viewers and makes up the awesome community we are today.

• Brohoof 1

Never been a part of that fandom lol, but I'd just like to point out: Twilicorn, Alicorn OC's, and Favorite Pony fights

Let's just put it this way...if you don't like the original series of Gundam, and/or hate Amuro and/or Char, and voice that opinion in a public Gundam forum; it's the equivalent of saying anything bad about the Bible and/or Jesus to religious folk.

We're just 20% more cooler then all other internet subcultures. B)

Yeah, okay, memetic mutations aside... I really do think we have one of the better communities out there. Maybe its just to do with the show and how its presented, and that some of us do try and take parts of its messages to heart, trying to be as friendly and welcoming as possible to those who join us. Maybe we just naturally draw a more mature and approachable type of crowd. Or maybe we just have similar enough interests that we all can relate to. Who's to say really?

Obviously there are some unfortunates out there that can give Bronies a bad name, as with any group and especially with one so large, but on the whole I do think this is one awesome community, I'm proud to be a Brony and I'm glad you are too! :lol:

As with any other fandom the general mentality of the people in it tend to reflect that of the characters/people they're fans of.

But that usually extends to a limited few or it's only like that when talking about the fandom itself but when it comes to anything else everyone can be at each other's throats.

Let's just put it this way...if you don't like the original series of Gundam, and/or hate Amuro and/or Char, and voice that opinion in a public Gundam forum; it's the equivalent of saying anything bad about the Bible and/or Jesus to religious folk.

Well I'm agnostic so that's never stopped me before! :P

Why thank you, kind stranger! I'd second the opinion that i enjoy talking to the most of the people around here. Though that wouldn't exactly qualify every single one here as adorable by my standards.

At any rate, I like people in general, so i can usually get along with everyone unless they go out of their way to push me away. Bronies are no exception, and i don't feel i'm any different being one, you know? I'm the same old me i always was. 

I think it is because many of us are mature and respectful of others, and will use our brains in a conversation... mostly. Just avoid controversial topics and you'll likely avoid some of the bad people in this fandom.

just lucky I guess. xD

the fandom really is awesome, but every group has it's share of rude dudes.

O-O I've seen them on youtube, hating on people because of their ship, or insulting a video on pony art, I once saw a comment on one of KPs videos from someone who unsubscribed and randomly thought she should know.

but as far as this forum goes most of the people I've met have been really awesome!  :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 3

Well, that's an over-generalization, but I guess it's adorable to like cute things, even if you're a twenty-something guy. I don't personally believe that anyone should refrain from enjoying certain things just because they're past a certain age. Set me loose in Disneyland, and I'll wait in line for character signatures with all the kids in between waiting in line for all my favorite rides. Ok, I won't do Chip and Dale's Treehouse. That's hard on my back, and a little claustrophobic. Ok, maybe there are some lines I'll draw, but not many, and I have good reasons for drawing them. I also prefer to be a nice guy over being a jerk.

I think some people have misconceptions about the Brony fandom and can't imagine why anyone would enjoy a show meant for little girls if they aren't little girls themselves, but I don't think anyone should be afraid to be themselves. Then again, that might sound a little hypocritical coming from a closet Brony. I guess I'm not the most open person, but I actually don't like talking about myself unless someone asks me, and even then, I only share what is appropriate to the topic at hand. However, there is a part of me that does want to be found out one day. I have found I kind of enjoy having secret hobbies, mind you. I'm not sure why that is. That doesn't stop me from enjoying what I enjoy though.

the fandom really is awesome, but every group has it's share of rude dudes. O-O I've seen them on youtube, hating on people because of their ship, or insulting a video on pony art, I once saw a comment on one of KPs videos from someone who unsubscribed and randomly thought she should know.
To add on top of that, there's the recent suicide thing caused by bronies...  :wat: 

I think this might depend on your definition of adorable. I wouldn't really call anyone I've met here "adorable," for the most part, at least, not based on what they've said. (No offense.) However, I will say, most of the people I've met have been very kind, caring, engaging, supportive and all around just pleasant to talk to.

I think one thing that might have something to do with it is the show itself. The show teaches morals. I won't say that everyone gains moral perspective from the show, as many of these things are lessons we've learned already, or sometimes, things we don't even agree with. But I think it's possible that the values we derive from the show reflect our own values, and in that way, we're able to connect with people with similar moral compasses. 

I think another thing that has to do with it is this sorta underdog standing. I think that a lot of people have taken crap just for being a brony. Those who haven't know someone who has. I've spoken with a number of people who have lost friends and been abandoned by their families just because they like a TV show. That's freaking stupid and it enrages and saddens me every time. But I digress. I think that we realize that it can be tough for some bronies makes us disinclined to take to in-fighting and picking on others. Because it's affected us in some way. Because we know what it's like.

Anyway, I have a lot of love for the brony community and I'm really proud to be a part of it because the people are so nice. You all rock! :)

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...
On 12/16/2014 at 2:08 PM, Dawning Demon said:

Do you guys and girls have the same opinion or am I just weird. xD

Bronies have flaws as well. Sadly.

• 2 months later...