Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Gamestop wants to be the next Blockbuster

long gone

I haven't bought from them in months, there's a place a few minutes away that sells games like twice as cheap compared to Gamestop (said place also offers high trade in value).   :please:

And of course digital copies are cheaper than physical copies, it's common sense that they would be, digital copies are easier to distribute. 

• Brohoof 1

Jeez... Last thing I bought from them was Sonic Generations and Forza Horizon. That was back in 2012.

I don't even go there anymore. I just go to GameXchange for all my console gaming needs.

Most of my favorite games from this year weren't $60 blockbusters. If those $60 games weren't broken and/or didn't have a significant portion of their content cut out and re-sold as 3 additional sets of $20 DLC, I might not feel as bad. But as that is not the case, the chances of me buying a physical copy of a new release at full price are lower than the price of a port of a phone game during a Steam holiday sale.

...so really, really low. If Gamestop is worried, then maybe it's not the price of the digital games that is the problem? Maybe, just maybe, consumers are getting tired of paying more for less.

Edited by TenorSounds
  • Brohoof 3

The next Blockbuster, huh?

When I open a TV network, I want to be the next UPN or WB. If I opened an electronics store, I want to be the next Wiz, Sam Goody, or Circuit City. If I made cars, I want them to be the next Edsels.

I want my company to die and give rise to the next Netflix, so other people could profit off of the business models of the future. I want to take credit for creating the necessity for someone else to create a better idea than mine and driving me out of business. I want to be the laughingstock of the industry. It gets my name out there somehow.

• Brohoof 2

Since we're saying the last time we bought anything from Gamestop, I'll say it too. Last Christmas, and it was just some Steam Wallet cards. Since I can get those elsewhere now, I have no reason to buy from Gamestop again. For all I care, they can go the way of Blockbuster and collapse under their refusal to adapt to new technologies.

If they keep that attitude than yes they will in fact suffer the same fate as Blockbuster. Yes digital games are becoming more popular because of affordability but bitching about it is not going to help them, what will would be trying to adapt to the changing market.