Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM Conspiracy Theory: Are the adventures set up by Celestia?

Plato's Pony

What if Twilight's adventures were just a result of one huge conspiracy conducted by Celestia?  There's something really fishy going on, everything Twilight faces leads up to her becoming princess, as if they were set up:

1. Twilight vs.Nightmare Moon 

-Celestia claims the legend (she most likely wrote) is just an old pony tale

-Mysterious disappearance of Celestia when Nightmare Moon returns

-Nightmare Moon creates strange challenges the Mane Six needed to overcome, rather than just simply killing them by summoning lightning on them.

-Celestia reappears in the castle, unharmed, right at the defeat of Nightmare Moon

2.  Return of Discord

-Celestia doesn't do anything

-Luna nowhere to be found

-Twilight and friends do all the work

3.  Canterlot Wedding

-Celestia actually loses in a fight with Chrysalis
-Luna nowhere to be found, again

-Twilight and friends do all the work, again

4. The Crystal Empire

-Twilight sent on a mission by herself to save an entire empire filled with innocent civilians 

-Even Luna is like, "WTF?" when Celestia sends Twilight on the mission

5. Battle with the Spiky Vine Things

-Celestia and Luna are captured by spiky plant vine things, like, come on

-Celestia and Luna somehow lifted up the sun and the moon when they were captured, signaling for Twilight to come to their rescue

6. Twilight vs. Tirek

-Cerberus just leaves his post without informing the princesses beforehand, like, WTF?

-All 3 princesses give all their power to Twilight claiming that it would make Tirek's job harder

-Wouldn't it be harder if Tirek had to suck the power from 4 different alicorns rather than just 1 alicorn? A little lack of common sense from the princesses if you ask me

Of course, this is only a theory.  If I'm missing anything, please feel free to comment below and tell me what you think.

Edited by Shimmering
Title updated in order to provide more specific details regarding the thread's content.
  • Brohoof 7

I was thinking, maybe on the last episode of the last season, Twilight has to fight Celestia who used her as a puppet for world domination.

That would be great! But, they probably can't do it because it would make a bunch of kids sad and have trust issues :/

• Brohoof 1

That would be great! But, they probably can't do it because it would make a bunch of kids sad and have trust issues :/

Lol, true.  But what if they make it similar to the Nightmare Moon thing, where the Mane Six cleanse Celestia of her evil thoughts, restoring her good, motherly nature?  After all, anyone can become corrupt after living for more than a thousand years.

Lol, true.  But what if they make it similar to the Nightmare Moon thing, where the Mane Six cleanse Celestia of her evil thoughts, restoring her good, motherly nature?  After all, anyone can become corrupt after living for more than a thousand years.

But the Elements of Harmony are gone. They wouldn't be able to use them against Celestia like they did with Nightmare Moon/Luna.

• Brohoof 1

But the Elements of Harmony are gone. They wouldn't be able to use them against Celestia like they did with Nightmare Moon/Luna.

Maybe with just the pure power of friendship and love?  No broken hearts, and a lesson for little kids.

Maybe with just the pure power of friendship and love?  No broken hearts, and a lesson for little kids.

If they have a good explanation, then I guess it could work.

We'll just have to wait and see. I really do hope they do something with Celestia like that, though. It would be epic.

Everything Celestia has done so far has been to boost the power of Twilight Sparkle and her friends, and to keep them in line as HER best line of defense, Equestria's best line of defence, and the Ace she can throw onto a battlefield and watch the epic-level nuke-dwarfing spells fly. There will be no war in Equestria, nor will there be any political shenanigans to inconvenience or weaken it, not while the strongest being in the universe remains on Celestia's payroll.

I just think Celestia's a huge troll. That's why this stuff happens.

Didn't Celestia say that defeating Nightmare Moon was something of a test, or something like that?

Yeah, I do find it suspicious that all these foes Celestia defeated before, she suddenly can't anymore? I mean, I know Twilight and her friends are the ones who are linked to the elements of harmony, but even then, Celestia couldn't have reclaimed them for herself after they were found? After all, her magic is a lot more powerful than Twilight's.

I dunno. I'm rambling, now.  :o

This made me think of "The Truman Show".

...And I like it. :muffins:

-Wouldn't it be harder if Tirek had to suck the power from 4 different alicorns rather than just 1 alicorn? A little lack of common sense from the princesses if you ask me

He didn't know about the 4th Princess, and it would've worked if Discord would've just shut up. :(

• Brohoof 1

It's no conspiracy, I'm pretty sure it just means Celestia is bad at her job or the writers are bad at theirs. Take your pick ;)

It just seems like the writers left so many unanswered questions, they must've done it on purpose.

-Where was Celestia when Nightmare Moon attacked?

-Why did Celestia tell Twilight the story of her sister's banishment to the moon was just a fictional work?

-Why did Nightmare Moon pose those challenges for the Mane Six instead of just alicorn-beaming them to death?

-Where was Luna when Chrysalis attacked?

-Why did Celestia leave Twilight and her friends the job to stop Discord?

-Why did Celestia put the lives of hundreds of crystal ponies in the hand of Twilight?

-Why do Celestia and Luna always have that smug grin on their faces?

It just seems like the writers left so many unanswered questions, they must've done it on purpose.

-Why did Celestia tell Twilight the story of her sister's banishment to the moon was just a fictional work?

-Why did Nightmare Moon pose those challenges for the Mane Six instead of just alicorn-beaming them to death?

-Where was Luna when Chrysalis attacked?

-Why did Celestia leave Twilight and her friends the job to stop Discord?

-Why did Celestia put the lives of hundreds of crystal ponies in the hand of Twilight?

-Why do Celestia and Luna always have that smug grin on their faces?

Sorry, I'm pretty sure this is just bad writing.

Faust I believe was the one who said Celestia was banished to the sun by Nightmare Moon (which is just a dumb explanation to cover a major plot hole)

Because it's a plot device that doesn't make any sense

Nightmare Moon acted that way because it was another poorly conceived plot device to establish the mane six as the elements of Harmony (and people act like Faust leaving the show was a bad thing!)

Luna was asleep ;)

Celestia was not involved at all in the Discord fiasco because plot device

Celestia trusted Twilight because she's an idiot. This is not a fault of the writer, since she is in character by doing so

I always see looks of concern and confusion on Celestia and Luna's faces

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 2

Well, I won't respond with what I think about this, but I WILL be keeping an eye on this topic.

Pinkie: :blink: But WiiGuy, wouldn't typing about this count as a response?

Me: Oh, darn. :derp:

Imprisoned in the sun. Celestia was shortly imprisoned in the sun when Nightmare Moon attacked and during the entire second episode at least until the very end of the episode.

And as for where was Luna? Well she's the princess of the NIGHT she probably was asleep or something since the attack was during the daytime. Though who knows maybe she was I don't know off in another part of Equestria? Maybe visiting another country? How does anyof these point to conspiracy theories.

For me, I usually see Luna like this:

attachicon.gifsmug1.PNG

attachicon.gifSmug3.PNG

And Celestia:

attachicon.gifSmug2.PNG

attachicon.gifSmug 5.PNG

And both of them:

attachicon.gifSmug4.PNG

Celestia's second one is the only one that really looks smug. The others just look like kind hearted smiles

Lidded eyelids ? smug

Or at least not always. It can be used for love struck looks, tiredness and kind heartedness. Further more heroes don't give truly smug smiles. They give wide smirks. Unless they have records of causing acts of mischief often.

This is smug

post-26413-0-03251500-1418876914_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-45215900-1418876934_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-13959500-1418876954_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-74630500-1418877004_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-69701700-1418877012_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-36887900-1418877026_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-10739500-1418877037_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-71029900-1418877058_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-01194300-1418877070_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-02772600-1418877088_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-45005000-1418877102_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-29771400-1418877111_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-53335400-1418877121_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-39984300-1418877138_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-33564500-1418877129_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-39984300-1418877138_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-45813500-1418877148_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-19463900-1418877158_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-33617500-1418877171_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-75473700-1418877179_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-38728000-1418877194_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-03565200-1418877206_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-07284100-1418877217_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-14839600-1418877335_thumb.jpgpost-26413-0-37006000-1418877431_thumb.jpg

Smug is what a jack--- villain does. They look more like they're warmly smiling if anything to me.

I think that Celestia had something to do with everything, except the wedding and everything that happened after Magical Mistery Cure. It all was a big test to become a princess, but now there's nothing she needs to do. About the wedding, it all ended up being about Cadence and the power of love, so i don't think so.

• Brohoof 2