Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favorite Rise Against songs?

Gone Airbourne

Not sure how many here like Rise Against but in the past two years their music has grown on me so much. I have bought all their albums and I can always listen to a song by theirs to help me if I am going through something. Their lyrics in their songs are so meaningful and just out of any band I know... their lyrics hit home with me. 

I love all their songs especially their earlier work from The Unraveling, Revolutions Per Minute & Siren Song of the Counterculture

My top 10 songs by them would have to be these. 

1.) Everchanging- The Unraveling

2.) Six Ways Till Sunday - The Unraveling

3.) Black Masks & Gasoline - Revolutions Per Minute

4.) Like the Angel - Revolutions Per Minute

5.) Give It All - Siren Song of the Counterculture

6.) Swing Life Away - Siren Song of the Counterculture

7.) The Good Left Undone - The Sufferer & the Witness

8.) Injection/Survive - The Sufferer & the Witness

9.) This is Letting Go/Lanterns - Endgame

10.)Tragedy + Time - The Black Market

Everchanging is my all time favorite song by them the lyrics in this song are absolutely amazing. I can listen to this song and it covers so much truth in so many different areas. In this "everchanging life" this is always going to be something to come your way and no matter what it maybe you have to be ready for whatever life throws at you. Each day you never know what will take place so you just have to be ready for the absolute unexpected. Every year things come new to your life and we learn new things. This song is one of my all time favorite songs ever though <3

Rise Against is a wonderful band and this quote by them I respect greatly. "How we survive makes who we are" ;)

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

The Sufferer and The Witness caught my attention. Ready to Fall was a default song on my MP3 & Drones was used for a wrestling PPV theme. Good album overall. Cool artwork too. That was the soundtrack to my winter of 07. Unfortunately the rest of the signals of their follow up albums just lack that something to grab me. Decent songs but nothing I'd shell out cash for. A recent song of there's, Time + Tragedy, caught my attention.

I'd have to say that, plus Drones, Behind Closed Doors, Worth Dying For, Roadside, & The Approaching Curve are my favorites. 

I'd have to say that, plus Drones, Behind Closed Doors, Worth Dying For, Roadside, & The Approaching Curve are my favorites. 

I would have to agree those are some of their better tracks. Tim was in a band a while back called The Killing Tree with a lot more hardcore songs more like their earlier work.  

Edited by Gone Airbourne

• 2 weeks later...

Rise Against is a band that has been growing on me a lot recently. They're quickly becoming one of my favorites :) .

As for a top 10, I'd have to go,

1. The Dirt Whispered

2. Injection

3. Prayer of the Refugee

4. Make It Stop (September's Children)

5. Heaven Knows

6. Audience of One

7. Survive

8. Give It All

9. Swing Life Away

10. Like the Angel

Lots of honorable mentions, but that's my list as of now. I need to give their newest album another listen.

• Brohoof 1