Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

U.S Police shooting

WuBz

This Is Ridiculous that U.S Police get away of murdering/Injuring innocent people for crimes they did not commit like the incident in San Francisco when police shot and killed a man who was mentally ill in a wheel chair and he did nothing wrong which is horrifying and disturbing how someone can kill a person who cant deafened themselves.

Also there is major problems because we all know the U.S police force is corrupt in almost all states because they whip out there handgun at every point like a toy gun even when that person has no weapon, couldn't they just take out a taser instead because its no lethal and it can knock some one on the floor but with a gun they think its more safe than a taser because it can kill in seconds.

Now this is the horrible part the most disgusting thing ever, when they shoot some one about 75% of the time they don't call medical aid which leads to death in a few minutes and police still arrest them even if there injured or dead and that's just wrong.

Sorry if it did not make sense its 4am 

• Brohoof 1

This Is Ridiculous that U.S Police get away of murdering/Injuring innocent people for crimes they did not commit like the incident in San Francisco when police shot and killed a man who was mentally ill in a wheel chair and he did nothing wrong which is horrifying and disturbing how someone can kill a person who cant deafened themselves.

Also there is major problems because we all know the U.S police force is corrupt in almost all states because they whip out there handgun at every point like a toy gun even when that person has no weapon, couldn't they just take out a taser instead because its no lethal and it can knock some one on the floor but with a gun they think its more safe than a taser because it can kill in seconds.

Now this is the horrible part the most disgusting thing ever, when they shoot some one about 75% of the time they don't call medical aid which leads to death in a few minutes and police still arrest them even if there injured or dead and that's just wrong.

Every time a cop uses lethal force it needs to be investigated to insure they were in the right and were not in violation of the law. That been said cops only kille about 400 people a year. In a country that is over 320 million that is statically insignificant

• Brohoof 3

But what I said about the san Francisco shooting they got away no charges and are on the force to this day which is bull**** how can a human live after killing a innocent person.

But what I said about the san Francisco shooting they got away no charges and are on the force to this day which is bull**** how can a human live after killing a innocent person.

their is always going to be bad shootings. Sometimes the cops acted outside of the law other times just a bad situation.  As a former cop it is not a easy job and decision have to be made in a split second.

• Brohoof 3

Oh God, here we go. I was wondering when I was going to see this garbage pop-up. Look, people, I implore--no, BEG--you to freakin' educate yourselves; research "Force Continuum" and "police lethal force training". Police do not "whip out there(sic) handgun" at every point. All these cases we've seen recently of alleged "police brutality" are absolute contrived, manufactured outrage. Now I have not yet heard about this "wheelchair man" incident, but all the other "famous" cases I can comment on with reasonable authority.

John Crawford? Questionable.

Mike Brown? Justified.

Tamir Rice? Justified.

Eric Garner? Questionable.

Quite honestly I'm getting sick and tired of this garbage the media is perpetuating, and people commenting in pure ignorance about practices and procedures they have little knowledge of and violent altercations they have no experience in. No, the police are NOT corrupt. No, there is no more institutional racism in the United States. Not every officer is issued a taser, because of budget restraints, or if they do it's a contact taser, not one that fires a cartridge. If they do have a projectile taser it is a ONE-SHOT deal, and if you miss you are dead. I bet a million dollars every one who's ever lambasted the police for responding lethally in a high-risk scenario would do what they did in the exact same situation. Turn off the darn TV and sign up for a ride-along and you'll see just the kind of things these men and women see every day. Does police brutality exist? Of course, but it's not "widespread", "nationwide" or institutional in any significant manner.

/End rant.

• Brohoof 6

The police are getting increasingly federalized and militarized which is a huge violation of the Posse Comitatus Act in addition to being rather creepy and civil liberties in general are getting increasingly disrespected by the government. There are some cops out there in it for the rights reasons but that dosen't mean that there aren't any that are abusing their power. As the saying goes "absolute power corrupts absolutely", we should be grateful for the police out there that actually are protecting and serving but should also be aware and demand accountability for the ones that are abusing their power from the lowest grunt all the way to the very top.

• Brohoof 1

A lot of the outrage is definitely manufactured and outright ridiculous. Also, people seem to be completely ignorant of what it's like being a police officer and being in a potential life and death situation. That said, there are certainly a few cases I've seen that I believe the officers were in the wrong and the fact that many times (if not most of the time) they are not disciplined or receive any real punishment is troublesome.

Sort of on topic, how do you guys feel about privatizing the police force? I haven't looked into this too much, but I assume if it was set up so counties hired private police organizations we would see a lot of the corruption and ineptitude and inefficiencies disappear. Thoughts?

Edited by LZRD WZRD

A lot of the outrage is definitely manufactured and outright ridiculous. Also, people seem to be completely ignorant of what it's like being a police officer and being in a potential life and death situation. That said, there are certainly a few cases I've seen that I believe the officers were in the wrong and the fact that many times (if not most of the time) they are not disciplined or receive any real punishment is troublesome.

Sort of on topic, how do you guys feel about privatizing the police force? I haven't looked into this too much, but I assume if it was set up so counties hired private police organizations we would see a lot of the corruption and ineptitude and ineffective cry disappear. Thoughts?

Police is one of the roles of the government. I rather keep it that way.

• Brohoof 2

Police is one of the roles of the government. I rather keep it that way.

Sure, but as with every government-run industry, it's horribly inefficient and far more expensive than it would be if privately owned

While inefficiency in government is actually good for liberty, less government in general is also good for liberty

True but giving companies government power is bad for liberty. It's like some of my fellow libertarians think that courts should be privatize.

Edited by Marine_Vet_Brony
  • Brohoof 2

The aftermath of shootings that involved black indiviuals start out as normal precidure, then once the likes of Al Sharpton get involved, it becomes a race thing.

No one likes it when a cop has to use lethal force, even the cop who pulled the trigger, but civilians need to realize is that he cop wanted to go home that night and thought his or her life was at risk.

• Brohoof 3

True but giving companies government power is bad for liberty. It's like some of my fellow libertarians think that courts should be privatize.

I agree courts should not be privatized. But I think a situation where counties or states are given the ability to vote on which company they want running their police department would be beneficial. Hold reelections every few years and you're good to go.

Right now, the police don't answer to the citizens. Make it a private industry and suddenly the police have consumers to answer to. Cops will be fired for misconduct, bad police agencies will be voted out. It would be a beautiful system B)

I agree courts should not be privatized. But I think a situation where counties or states are given the ability to vote on which company they want running their police department would be beneficial. Hold reelections every few years and you're good to go.

Right now, the police don't answer to the citizens. Make it a private industry and suddenly the police have consumers to answer to. Cops will be fired for misconduct, bad police agencies will be voted out. It would be a beautiful system B)

Sorry Police force should not be based on consumer demand. It needs to be blind like justice. Watch Robocop if you want to see what a Company police force is like minus the robocop.

Edited by Marine_Vet_Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Sorry Police force should not be based on consumer demand. It needs to be blind like justice. Watch Robocop if you want to see what a Company police force is like minus the robocop.

Look, if the company is doing a bad job, a better one will step in to fill their spot. That doesn't happen now and what you get is police departments that cost far too much too maintain and have no one to answer to when they fuck up.

Look, if the company is doing a bad job, a better one will step in to fill their spot. That doesn't happen now and what you get is police departments that cost far too much too maintain and have no one to answer to when they fuck up.

Once again Police, civil services, justice, military are government roles. Free market doesn't really work  with functions that are government jobs. Companies cane be just a corrupted as government.

• Brohoof 1

Once again Police, civil services, justice, military are government roles. Free market doesn't really work  with functions that are government jobs. Companies cane be just a corrupted as government.

Sure they can be corrupt, but unlike government agencies they can be removed from their position. There is an accountability there that's not currently present in our police system

Sure they can be corrupt, but unlike government agencies they can be removed from their position. There is an accountability there that's not currently present in our police system

I would love to see you try to remove a corrupt business with police powers.

• Brohoof 1

I agree on a few pieces. The police are corrupt BUT only a small amount of them, and they should use tasers more often then they do. Anything that can temporarily knock out someone so they can bring them into custody.