Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Planetside 2 Anyone?

Primarch Fulgrim

Hi, yeah, I play Planetside 2. I love the Vanu Sovereignty and I wanted to start a thread about it, not just for Vanu like me. I play on the Connery server, and you can friend me at squigface ingame.

(I have recently joined the Dropping Purple Smoke Outfit, anyone here in it?)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all my weps on connery. If you wanna make a a standalone account on connery that'll be cool.

Boo that's a shame. I assume you have already used all three of your character slots? Mine were used for VS and TR on Emerald, NC on Connery. So if you think we can work out one of those that would be great. Though I will not make a new account just to play VS all over again

Particularly since my VS is battle rank 63+ and I already have most of the weapons I want, and just about all the cert lines I want too (excluding the insanely expensive utility pouch for the engineer and such.) I think you can see why i'd rather not start all over again (at the very least for the VS). Though that goes for any of my characters since they have a few thousand certs saved up.

Boo that's a shame. I assume you have already used all three of your character slots? Mine were used for VS and TR on Emerald, NC on Connery. So if you think we can work out one of those that would be great. Though I will not make a new account just to play VS all over again

Particularly since my VS is battle rank 63+ and I already have most of the weapons I want, and just about all the cert lines I want too (excluding the insanely expensive utility pouch for the engineer and such.) I think you can see why i'd rather not start all over again (at the very least for the VS). Though that goes for any of my characters since they have a few thousand certs saved up.

yeah, mah character slots are all filled up. I have one of every faction on Connery. Including NC, I play battle medic, but I really like to play NC, cap a TR base, switch sides and recapture the same base so my friends can take the undefended bases.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else? Vanu rule, come on?

VS is best, why, it even rhymes!

But seriously if anyone is interested in playing just quote me or something, we'll PM eachother our character names/servers (i'd post mine but i dont want tons of random friend requests :P ... yet)

VS is best, why, it even rhymes!

But seriously if anyone is interested in playing just quote me or something, we'll PM eachother our character names/servers (i'd post mine but i dont want tons of random friend requests :P ... yet)

I am going to be playing on friday and livestreaming it. If you're up for new years conquering. 

I am going to be playing on friday and livestreaming it. If you're up for new years conquering. 

Eh, probably. I have a fully upgraded magrider (stealth and regen) and sunderer (deploy shield and healing), so that could make for some awesome stuff. But honestly i'v been more into Borderlands 2 recently.

Try adding my VS on Emerald, i'll hop on to accept your request ... whenever i get back on Planetside 2 lol. I look forward to playing together!

Edited by BrightShine

Eh, probably. I have a fully upgraded magrider (stealth and regen) and sunderer (deploy shield and healing), so that could make for some awesome stuff. But honestly i'v been more into Borderlands 2 recently.

Try adding my VS on Emerald, i'll hop on to accept your request ... whenever i get back on Planetside 2 lol. I look forward to playing together!

Still have some good light assault stuff.

you're gonna need to friend my other steam account, type bossgrimskull in the friends thing, and the name should be a twitch address or something pinkie pie related. I'm going to be playing PS2 obscenely and streaming it. Feel free to stop by.

• 1 month later...

So im back into Planetside 2, great stuff. Apparently the Proton II PPA (Vanu empire specific Anti-Infantry gun) is supposedly "nerfed to the ground" but it is not bad like people keep stupidly and blindly stating.

I keep hearing nonsense about how the PPA was nerfed to the ground

Pointless reasons why people say its garbage and why its not true:

• Too much bloom = It has a substantially faster fire rate, if you go full auto OF COURSE its going to be inaccurate as hell (the new fire rate is almsot twice the old one). If you fire it by clicking as fast as it used to fire you'll find its accuracy is the same as it always was, which is almost pinpoint accuracy.
  • Clip has been substantially reduced = This is true, but when we were able to fire off rounds nonstop for HALF A MINUTE you know something is wrong, especially with clips up to like 75 and fire about 2 rounds a second. It takes about 4 shots to kill something if they are direct hits. and the overall time to kill is about the same is a kobolt. The current amount of ammo per clip for the PPA is 12 (I think it used to be 50 before ... I dont remember since mine was upgraded)
  • Splash radius/damge has been reduced = Though I cannot give exact numbers, it feels about the same to me, if it really was reduced that drastically, it is definitley at about the intensity of a lasher x2 now, which in itself is still pretty good

So in conclusion i'd say that the PPA isnt really "bad" but it has a few limiters bult in now to keep people from spamming something that was generally OP against infantry. Granted the Proton II PPA isnt as sustainable in longer fights as the kobolt is, but their effective ranges are about equal (with some practice), Generally the PPA is better against enemies attempting to hide behind cover, though it lacks the ammo and clip size for larger fights, it does deal substantially more damage to enemy max units because of the added explosion damage. The M12 Kobalt (anti infantry mounted gun) on the other hand, can kill more soldiers before needing to reload, is easier to use, but naturally, lacks that splash damage.

If it ever came down to it though, If a soldier gets too close, the M12 Kobalt still has the time to kill of about 2 seconds, but the Proton II PPA on the other hand, can kill in 1 second.

Notes: Keep in mind I am not necessarily counting headshots in time to kill.

The M12 Kobalt is more uniform in use, the PPA takes some unique handling, similar to the lasher x2, but thankfully has a faster projectile speed.

Edited by Fleur-De-Lis

• 4 weeks later...

I'M BACK

And I recently made a derp NC outfit on emerald called

The Laxative Lovers

We do derp things. Such as MAX rushes, galaxy ramming, massive backcaps, and some serious ops every once and a while.

PLEASE JOIN!!!!!!!

(I am still mainly vanu on Connery, join Dropping Purple Smoke if you play VS on Connery)

Getting TS soon. Will post it here when ready.

@CandyStar CHOOSE VANU THEY ARE THE BEST

@Twilight Dirac friend PoopetteMcKinnly to get into the outfit or find it on the list, it autojoins you when you apply.

Choose what now?  :blink: You have lost me.