Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Blue Moon's Ambient Thread

Blue Moon

(edited)

The ambient music scores they have in Medieval 2 Total War, when you're on the actual map, are pretty relaxing, and also change depending where on the map you are positioned. This one plays mostly around the Italian areas. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyqWLLfEc9o

That's really relaxing; I like the instruments used. :)

Here's something from Stellardrone (I love this guy's work):

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

Does this count? It literally has 'ambiance' in the title lol

This is one of my favorite instrumental songs ever and I can assume it's ambient from the way it sounds? :s

• Brohoof 1

Does this count? It literally has 'ambiance' in the title lol

This is one of my favorite instrumental songs ever and I can assume it's ambient from the way it sounds? :s

They both sound ambient to me, and seem fitting to a horror game. :) Thanks for sharing!

• Brohoof 1

This one's a rather long tune; it's called "Natasha" by Pig Destroyer. Although Pig Destroyer is chiefly a grindcore act, they have also dabbled with ambient music. This composition's a mix between doom metal and ambient. It's about this guy who spontaneously murders his girlfriend out of rage due to her having an affair with another, and the guy gets consumed under a tree, I believe. I hope this example counts.

• Brohoof 1

Here's another ambient track. This time from one of my fav. games of all time, SWAT 4 (the DLC The Stetchkov Syndicate):D

• 1 month later...

Alright, here's an amazing album by Solar Fields (totally not being biased). It starts off a little weird, but give it a chance and you may come to enjoy it. :)

And I recently discovered Lights & Motion, an amazing Swedish post-rock band. All of their work is fantastic (I'd highly recommend checking out their three albums: Chronicle, Reanimation, and Save Your Heart). Here's one of their songs:

The sniper theme from the Hitman Absolution: Sniper Challenge.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Here's a lovely post-rock tune from Hammock:

And I've been playing some Donkey Kong Country recently, and I remembered this song. One of my favorites aside from Aquatic Ambiance:

The Donkey Kong Country trilogy for the SNES has some of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. :)

Edited by Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 2

And I've been playing some Donkey Kong Country recently, and I remembered this song. One of my favorites aside from Aquatic Ambiance:

The Donkey Kong Country trilogy for the SNES has some of the best soundtracks I've ever heard. :)

Agreed, my favorite soundtrack from the trilogy is Flight of the Zinger:

have some Boards of Canada

I like Boards of Canada :) (lmao the title of that song)
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Exist Strategy sounds really, really chill.

I also like Pretty Lights:

This album is amazing.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Slow Meadow is a new ambient/post-rock band with absolutely beautiful music.  If you love slow, relaxing, drone-filled music then I strongly suggest you check them out.  Here's one of their songs that I love:

They have their first album up for preorder so you should check that out if you liked that song.

• 3 months later...