Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Anypony else just despise Christmas music?

FirstPonySpectre

I enjoy hearing it again for maybe a day, then the same top 10 songs just loop over and over again for the entire month, and i'm practically begging the shopping center stores to not be pipping in Christmas FM over their radios.

• Brohoof 3

It annoys me a bit, but it is probably because I expect something different from music itself. It is happy, cheerful and lyrics are all about snow, christmas, santa and that kind of stuff. Almost opposite of what I like listening to. 

But I have to admit that I enjoy Let It Snow xD 

I think a lot of them are good songs, and I don’t mind it’s happy nature. But it would be nice to have something fresh instead of the same old song’s year in year out.

I’m a bit sick of hearing Wham, Slade, Dean Martin and Brenda Lee or covers of there song’s.

Someone should write an original 21st century Christmas song in a music style that’s more contemporary and different than what any of the guys mentioned above were doing, EDM or rap or something idk.

• Brohoof 3

I don't like chrismas music. Just no. It feels so tasteless, and everyone sings it just because.

I mean if people like it, i don't. It sucks. It's boring :I

It's the worst thing ...and nobody should sing any of it.

Okay, no, if people like it it's fine. It annoys me, but, like me, i'm never going to say anything.

• Brohoof 1

I thought I was the only one who hates Christmas music. The past few years, I've been liking Christmas music less and less, now I can't even stand it anymore. There are a few Christmas songs that I tolerate, but others...

5484886c13315.png

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 2

well i don't really care about christmas music. i would just let it play and as long as people are happy I'm not going to give a damn. however if people aren't happy then i would not give a damn.

I don't like most Christmas music either, but I think I would like it more if it didn't start playing at the beginning of November. >_> I don't like going into stores or turning on the radio and hearing Christmas music almost two months ahead of Christmas. -_-

As others have said, I too get tired of the same old Christmas songs that play on repeat for weeks. :/

My favorite Christmas song is "Mit hjerte alltid vanker", and since it's in Norwegian it never plays in the US :proud:

• Brohoof 3

I find most Christmas carols beautiful and I like the mood they make in my heart.

BUT.

I just can't stand when they stuff all these songs down my throat by playing the same songs over and over in my radio! THIS is what I hate in Christmas music. Not the musics itself, but how they force it into me.

Especially when 99% of Christmas songs my radio plays are American classics, when we have so many beautiful Polish Christmas carols. But no, they won't play Polish songs. They won't even play German or Russian or French or even Icelandic. It is always American ;P Blaaargh!... ;(%%% <throws up>

I wonder if Americans, for a change, play foreign songs instead?

I guess not. So if you're looking for some new (for you) Christmas music, then perhaps it would be a good idea to try these? Here are some examples of Polish Christmas carols:

(There is a playlist overlaid on each video, so turn the annotations on if you want to skip over the playlist quickly.)

Don't know about you, but I find these to be beautiful. Especially "Gore gwiazda Jezusowi" in this version.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 4

It can get on my nerves, hearing the same tunes belted out daily for a whole month, but if I can get some breaks from them in that while then I'm kinda glad to hear them :) They remind me that I'm getting closer to the main event of my favourite season, so the excitement kinda dampens how irritating they can be. I'm not sure if I'd want the classic music I hear to be replaced with something more modern though... something different would be great, but it wouldn't feel like Christmas without Mariah Carey's voice appearing everywhere :/