Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

CC_Maud_Pie

Anypony seen Despicable Me. If yes, then what are your thoughts on it and who's your favorite character?

To me, like MLP:FiM, Despicable Me is a guilty pleasure film that makes me think "I'm a teenager, what the heck I'm watching?" I find parts of it funny, especially when Gru announced his desire to steal the moon and how the Minions (my favorite characters) talk. The scene in the second film where the Minions sang "YMCA" was just messed up. I can't help but think that the Minions stole the film and many of the merchandise has them, where it's supposed to have the attention on Gru. If you see the teaser for the original film, you see no signs of Minions.

I really like Gru and the kids as a whole and the only thing I'm not a fan of are the minions, whom at times can be funny, but mostly come off as obnoxious. 

• Brohoof 2

Despicable Me is one of the greatest movies of all time. Gru himself is probably my favorite character ever. He really knows how to make a spectacle out of everything and he's a caring individual when given the opportunity.

• Brohoof 2

I forgot to point this out, but one thing I realize is that most of the people who like it are girls. But I could be wrong.

Gru is the best dad a little girl could ever have. If it's true it's not hard to see why. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I really enjoyed both movies, especially the Minion's YMCA at the end of the second one

That said, I'm not really looking forward to the Minions movie

• Brohoof 2

I really enjoyed both movies, especially the Minion's YMCA at the end of the second one

That said, I'm not really looking forward to the Minions movie

I didn't even know there was gonna be another movie.

When I went to the movies to see the second one I thought it was just as good as the first one but the person I went and saw it with didn't like it as much as the first.

There's just something about sequels that people don't seem to like. Like it soils the concept of the first movie somehow.

• Brohoof 1

"He's so FLUFFY!" - best part ever. 

I don't really like comic relief and I only see the minions as that :( but I love the girls story and Gru's story. 10/10 lol

I love it. The bit at the theme park always brings a tear to my eye. I enjoyed the sequel, and am looking forward to the third instalment. (I'm not especially excited about the Minions spin-off film, but I'll give it a try. Who knows? It could surprise me.)

My favourite characters are the girls. Agnes might even be a My Little Pony fan.

Dr Nefario is good fun too. ("Why are you so... old?")

Edited by Vital Sparkle
  • Brohoof 1

Minions movie! My dream come true! love them.

About the despicable me, I love it, it´s actually a really well made animated movie. My favorit charter, except the minions of course, is Margo, because she keeps all the girls together, she´s such a great leader.

• Brohoof 1

Last time I looked down, I was still a guy & I liked both movies.  As a rule, sequels suck.  This is one of the rare ones that doesn't.  The only thing I would change in DM is I would make Dr Nefario a woman,( thus changing the whole dynamic w Gru).  In 2 I would have had Margo trash out the boy & then tell Gru something like "Now I understand how someone as nice as you can be a villain.  (Thus setting up DM3, where Margo becomes a villain w Dr Nefario & maybe Vector)

I liked the movies as is, but when I rewatch them I always imagine what I would have done differently.  This is the best since The Incredibles

Edited by sweetolebob18
  • Brohoof 1