Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When did you stop believing in Santa?

Spikey-Wikey

Wait, Santa doesn't exist?

Kidding kidding. Anyways, I stopped believing in Santa when I was 10 when my mom told me. She said that I couldn't believe in Santa and know where babies come from at the same time. I was heartbroken for the next few hours knowing my mom lied to me all these years. Now I get to lie to other kids about it.

• Brohoof 17

Santa doesn't exist? D: My life is a lie! :( XD Jk, around fourth grade or so. Brother and I stayed up late watching movies on Christmas Eve (when we weren't supposed to :P ) and our parents walked down the stairs and we saw them, they saw us, we had a 30 second stare off and they told us to go to bed XD

• Brohoof 5

You mean... he's not real..? :(

I think it was also around the age of 12 for me. December that year was around the time my uncle died, and the festive cheer pretty much left at that point. It was either that or the internet (or both) that stopped me believing :/

• Brohoof 1

I don't really know if I ever stopped believing. I just didn't have to face it anymore. I can't say one point where I realized that he is no more. And I don't want to do that. Inside of me there is that little pony who has all those golden memories from the past. I don't want to rip them apart. Never.

I want to keep them alive.

• Brohoof 10

You'll find this funny.

I stopped during my sixth grade year when I got a baby My Little Pony and it had a diaper and all that jazz.

I was so confused, and I hated it,and I was like I didn't even ask for this???

I got super mad and went into my mom's closet to hide, finding all this wrapping paper, and cards.

That was a fun story they had to tell me.

• Brohoof 11

I sort of figure it out from watching the Tim Allen movie, The Santa Clause when I was no younger than 4. My parents officially told me when I was in Middle School. But it wasn't a huge deal. I still believe in Santa as a spirit of joy for children and the young-at-heart! :adorkable:

• Brohoof 3

I have never believed in Santa.

Or as far as I can remember. Or the tooth fairy. Or the Easter bunny. I was never told they weren't real. I think I just knew even when I was a little kid that they couldn't be real. 

@, Okay now that is pretty funny :D

Edited by Space Woona
  • Brohoof 4

I never believed. Even as a naive, six-year-old kid, the story sounded to me like a fairy tale. Oh yeah, and my parents never told me the story either because they didn't like the idea of lying to me about it. I just heard about it from the Christmas specials.

Edited by CloudMistDragon
  • Brohoof 1

I never did.  :)

Do I believe he's at the North Pole right now, partying it up with the elves after another successful year? Not likely, but I don't dismiss it either. I believe in Santa the same way I believe in angels and spirits. He is a servant of a higher power, or a projected existence based on the collective consciousness of Christmas spirit.

So yes, whether as a person, each and every one of us, or just the simple act of giving in the name of Christmas. I believe in Santa Claus.

• Brohoof 5

My parents explained the lyrics of a song.

"He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake...".

Don't really recall my reaction. Probably a moment of silent thinking before going, "Ohhhhh...that works".

I was in middle school at the time.

Edited by Starlight Sky

I would say around the age of 8,  my older cosin

told me  to be a butt head!  I was in tears and all

but we all have to grow up!  Mostly it was over

there not  being flying reindeer......

• Brohoof 1

I never really believed in Santa, or the Easter Bunny. I believed the heck out of the tooth fairy until I was about 10 though!

That happens with some kids. For example, I figured out that there was no tooth fairy in about 4th grade but had to be told that there was no Santa or Easter bunny in 5th grade.

• Brohoof 2

Santa exists... not as a physical entity but as the spirit that makes people giv gifts to each other =)

So i never actually stopped believing in hime...

Now the physical person... 9 years ago

• Brohoof 2

I never really bought the story that there was a man who delivered presents to every single child in the world in less than a few hours.

I might have up until I was 4, but once I developed my reasoning skills, I saw that it was too much of a stretch. Plus, there are kids that get nothing, not even coal, I observed from a young age. How could Santa be so negligible?

I like the idea of Santa not being a literal person, though. That makes a lot more sense.

• Brohoof 1