Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I saw these amazing Plushies by EpicRainbowCraft on DevianArt and I was wondering if anypony made plushies themselves! 

rainbowkiss.png
If you do make sure to tell below! I'm sure everypony would love to have one themselves! 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm actually working on making pony plushes at reasonable prices. I've just been busy with so many other things, they ended up being the last on the list to try.

Actually, I make them. This one went to someone overseas a few days ago.

5ki9bkX.jpg

What in particular did you want to hear about? There's plenty to cover as far as embroidery, general construction and tips are concerned ..

I don't make any plushies and wish I could, but I do have an Apple Bloom plushie I got commissioned on DeviantArt, it's a nice plushie.

I want to try and make some, there is sewing stuff in this house but I dunno. xD

I don't make any plushies and wish I could, but I do have an Apple Bloom plushie I got commissioned on DeviantArt, it's a nice plushie.

I want to try and make some, there is sewing stuff in this house but I dunno. xD

What kind of sewing stuff do you have?

flutterbat  SOLD! :lol:

i wouldn't normally make joke like comments but...  I'm sorry i didn't realize i was dreaming

Actually, I make them. This one went to someone overseas a few days ago.

img-3444447-1-5ki9bkX.jpg

What in particular did you want to hear about? There's plenty to cover as far as embroidery, general construction and tips are concerned .. plush

OMG!! That plush is great keep up the good work

Edited by Swoop Productions

What kind of sewing stuff do you have?

Well I don't have any, but my mother does, she likes to sew and stuff, so it's different stuff, a couple sewing machines, I'd have to ask my mother. Maybe I can utilize that stuff or something. xD

OMG!! That plush is great keep up the good work

Thanks. She's pretty big too. 26 inches from nose to tail. 19 from hoof to eartip, IIRC

Well I don't have any, but my mother does, she likes to sew and stuff, so it's different stuff, a couple sewing machines, I'd have to ask my mother. Maybe I can utilize that stuff or something

That's how I started doing it. After I moved back from the city I was staying with them for a little while, and I was kinda bored and had access to her stuff, so that's when I started. She eventually gave me the machine I use now, a good quality pfaff tiptronic actually. I wouldn't even want to make them if I didn't have a machine .. hand sewing is soooo tedious. I still have to to attach manes, tails, and heads, but to do all the seams? Blech.

Think she'll let you try?

That's how I started doing it. After I moved back from the city I was staying with them for a little while, and I was kinda bored and had access to her stuff, so that's when I started. She eventually gave me the machine I use now, a good quality pfaff tiptronic actually. I wouldn't even want to make them if I didn't have a machine .. hand sewing is soooo tedious. I still have to to attach manes, tails, and heads, but to do all the seams? Blech.

Think she'll let you try?

Not sure, probably, but I dunno if I could do it anyway. xD If I were to make a plushie it would be of myself. (As a pony) But how it would turn out? I dunno...

Not sure, probably, but I dunno if I could do it anyway. xD If I were to make a plushie it would be of myself. (As a pony) But how it would turn out? I dunno...

My first one was just for practice, and it was pretty "meh". I've never done a project where I didn't need at least one try to figure out the things I didn't know I'd need to know in advance. You don't know what the challenging parts will be, and doing a trial run will help you figure out what practical challenges you have to address when making one "for real"

My first one was just for practice, and it was pretty "meh". I've never done a project where I didn't need at least one try to figure out the things I didn't know I'd need to know in advance. You don't know what the challenging parts will be, and doing a trial run will help you figure out what practical challenges you have to address when making one "for real"

Well me and my mother made a plushie back in the day, nothing to do with ponies, but it looked alright. But still, this would be something more. xD I might try, I just dunno where I'd go with it, or what skills I would have, I have no idea where I would start anyway. xD

I used voodoo tiki's pattern for my first try, because it was free so why not?

http://voodoo-tiki.deviantart.com/art/Voodoo-Tiki-s-Pony-Plushie-Tutorial-292290994

Start by picking the size you want to try, then print it out and tape the pieces together. I resize images just using paint when I'm doing my patterns now, for eyes, manes, tails, etc. The body pattern I use is a really popular one, valleyviolet's. You have to buy it if you want to use it, but it's a great pattern and very worth it. You can worry about that later.

After that, you can either use fabric on hand just for a test, or get some minky from a store if you want to jump into working with that. And then you pretty much just have to go "well, idk what I'm doing, but I'm gonna DO IT ANYWAY" and see what happens. Summon your inner mad scientist. Always works for me. Don't worry about success until later. Worry about learning first.