Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which do you find more attractive: Anthro or Human?

VitalSpark

Which is more attractive?  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Fully Human versus Anthro

• Fully human
    • Anthro
  2. 2. Wider choice

• Fully human
    • Anthro
    • Pony
    • Breezie
    • Rainbowfied pony
    • Other (please specify)

I prefer pure human forms for all of them. Even if they have pony bodies in Equestria, they have human bodies in CH, and since their minds are essentially human anyway, I don't think it would necessarily qualify as xenophilia/certain-other-terms-that-might-get-this-post-removed to date them in human form. (The same reason I don't necessarily object to a Twilight X Flash ship based on human/pony dichotomy.) 

It varies...

For the most part, I think the traditional pony versions look the best.

As the human counterparts, while not necessarily ugly are more than a little jarring in contrast and are a little off-putting in that regard.

The anthropomorphic designs seem really lazy as they just have ears and tails added (and wings sometimes, but not horns-what's up with that?), the only exceptions would have to be the Dazzlings and Sunset Shimmer's demon form, which is my favorite by far.

Breezie forms have a sort of ugly-cute, uncanny valley effect on me that I can't used to for the Mane Six.

Rainbow Power feels like there is too much color and vibrance for a few characters, while others like Twilight have so little difference from their default appearance, there was no real impact on me.

Anthros are absolutely terrifying. Ever heard of uncanny valley, well that's what anthros are, and it baffles me why anybody would think that the're attractive.

Aw come on, I think they are cute. post-24786-0-90470800-1421160356_thumb.png Edited by Astral Blitzen
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well your definition of anthro and mine are different. I'd consider both human or at least humanoid. Same reason why I don't consider anime cat girls anthro, which is pretty much what they look like. Show them to anyone who hasn't heard of MLP and that's what they'll think.  
equestria_girls__princess_twilight_spark

A cat girl w/ wings (AKA every other neko maho shoujo.) I mean I find both attractive. They just don't count as anthro.

This is what I consider anthro:

mlp_anthro___lizzy___oc_request_by_funky
smexy_anthro_jade_vector_by_mlp_crystalt
mlp_anthro___roxy_and_keana___oc_request

As far as what your definitions are, I find fully human more attractive. The ears seem to clash w/ the designs a little and the wings aren't big enough to be appealing. But I find my definition of anthro to be more attractive than the human EQG designs overall.

I have a soft spot for furries & anthro ponies.

Ehhhhh... This is a weird question... My normal response would be to go human, it being the normal type and all of what should be considered "normal" but... I think I prefer anthro versions, though I wouldn't say that the examples here are the best for a whole "anthro vs human" debate, as there are much more "anthro" styles I much prefer

I think you would like anthro if given chance lol.

I actually passed through Anthro Land years ago before arriving at glorious Feralopolis. x3  Tried the rest, found the best (for me).  Pre-FIM, I pursued anthro art of ladies with hooves (yes, I leaned equine well before this).  But now I'm head-over-heels for a woman with four - count 'em - FOUR hooves, a delightful ponypudge, and a lovely smooth chest.  This is where I belong; though I don't judge anyone for being interested in this, that, or the other.  To each their own.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby

Given my affection for Sunset Shimmer is mainly due to her human form...I'm going with human here. Sunset has easily the best human form in my opinion. Also since it's about 'attractive'...yeah, human for me.