Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow dash in rainbow rocks

RainbowDashzz

Does anyone else think that rainbow dash's character shines through the most in rainbows rock? She playing electric guitar compliments her personality. They portrayed a girl who is determined, sometimes self-centred but adds spark to everything (sometimes good sometimes bad). I think that's who rainbow dash is.

To be honest, in Rainbow Rocks (pardon my french) she seemed TOO bitchy for her usual self. Self-centered is part of her character, sure, but to the scale she went in Rainbow Rocks was rediculous. 

Edited by (BDN) Zeusking19
  • Brohoof 6

I tend to go with one point that others make in regards to Rainbow Dash in RR.

Basically, unlike her pony counterpart, the human Dash has not gone through the same friendship trials and experiences. She hasn't learned all that the Pony Dash has, so I think that could explain some of the Human Dash's personality.

In truth though I didn't mind how she was portrayed in EqG.

• Brohoof 2

I agree with those who say her character was off in RR. I remember being in the theater watching her play "I am awesome" song and thinking how exaggerated her character was. Pinkie Pie was another character that was off in EG for me. (And don't get me started on Twilight)

Edited by whitetiger187

What do you think personally if you've seen RR's?

I actually haven't seen it yet, so I can't really say on the matter(though judging from the previews, my thoughts on her portrayal wouldn't be too different)

I tend to go with one point that others make in regards to Rainbow Dash in RR.

Basically, unlike her pony counterpart, the human Dash has not gone through the same friendship trials and experiences. She hasn't learned all that the Pony Dash has, so I think that could explain some of the Human Dash's personality.

In truth though I didn't mind how she was portrayed in EqG.

Honestly though, judging from what others have said, it's only a problem with RD in this movie but not with the other 4, and to me it makes it even harder to justify her behavior

Again though I haven't seen the movie yet, so my words probably don't hold much merit

• Brohoof 1

I honestly hate it when people criticize Rainbow Dash in Rainbow Rocks with these arguments.

Human RD never learned any of the Friendship lessons that Pony Dash did. Human RD is a TOTALLY different life form, which means what she did in Rainbow Rocks wasn't out of character at all.

Simply put.

• Brohoof 2

I honestly hate it when people criticize Rainbow Dash in Rainbow Rocks with these arguments.

Human RD never learned any of the Friendship lessons that Pony Dash did. Human RD is a TOTALLY different life form, which means what she did in Rainbow Rocks wasn't out of character at all.

Simply put.

If that is the case, wouldn't the original EQG Rainbow have the same issue?

If that is the case, wouldn't the original EQG Rainbow have the same issue?

Rainbow Dash didn't get many chances to show off in the first Equestria Girls, so...

She playing electric guitar compliments her personality.
Agreed. I remember someone on here mentioned this, but all of the instruments kind of complimented the personalities.

The electric guitar is the "cool" instrument. Rainbow Dash is cool. ( Or she thinks so anyways... )

The drums are considered an energetic instrument. Pinkie Pie is energetic.

The bass is considered a strong instrument, and is also the instrument kind of in the back of music, but always there. Strong like Applejack, and always has your back like Applejack.

Rarity played the piano originally, but switched to the keytar. The piano is a beautiful instrument ( arguably the keytar is too since it's basically the same thing. ), and Rarity is beautiful.

Lastly, the tambourine is a lame instrument. Fluttershy is lame. :toldya:

Rainbow Dash didn't get many chances to show off in the first Equestria Girls, so...

I would disagree here - Rainbow Dash seemed to be utilising every spare moment she could to show off just because she could, not because she had a chance. My point still stands.

I thought Rainbow Dash was being rude to her friends almost the whole time; saying it was "her" band and that she was the "leader". I'm not sure if she really "shined".

Everybody forgets that the human Rainbow Dash isn't the same as the pony Rainbow Dash.

The pony version of herself has learned a lot more and has been through more experiences than her human counterpart. We're not used to the human Dashie's attitude, so that might be why she comes off as a bitch.

I do agree that she was acting a lot more self centered than usual (lol), but there was a reason why. Just be glad it didn't make another plot hole. :lol:

Edited by PonyLaces
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found her a little too arrogant and flanderized throughout the movie. Disappointing, because she is one of my favorite characters. True, the electric guitar suited her character, but she was too constantly obsessed with being 'cool' and 'awesome'. It was season one Rainbow Dash all over again.

However, that makes sense. This is an alternate world in which Twilight never showed up until the events of the first movie. This Rainbow Dash has not had all the experience and learned all the lessons she did in the show. She hasn't gone through the character development that her pony counterpart has. So I guess the negative way she was portrayed is...justifiable...if still a little irritating.  

"Awful As I Wanna Be"

Let's face it: when the plot calls for a pushy, arrogant band leader, there's simply no one else suited for the part.

post-2150-0-04736900-1422586532_thumb.jpg

Fig. 1: She's awesome. Take caution.

The silver lining to human Rainbow Dash's flanderization in Rainbow Rocks is that it does make her look a little better when we finally see her playing alongside the fully redeemed Sunset Shimmer in the ending credit roll.

post-2150-0-23740600-1422586089.png

Fig. 2: Bad girls gone good.

Ultimately, as far as I'm concerned, her character is strong enough that even at her worst, Rainbow Dash is still as awesome as she wants to be. :wub:

Well i have to say i think rainbow dash did shot up the others a bit more, but she is a different person(pun intended i guess) to pony dash. I do think she is a littke more self centered than pony rd, but as someone already said she hasnt gone through the same things as the original rd.