Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM disappearing from Netflix - Ongoing discussion

SaburoDaimando

Are you serious?! I haven't even had a chance to finish it!!!  I've been too busy with other matters. >____< DAMN YOU NETFLIX.

Here's an idea though. We should all email netflix and tell them to renew it!

Edited by PelleK Fangirl <3

Some new updates today regarding Netflix and Ponies.

Following up on our report earlier about Friendship is Magic dropping off of Netflix on the 2nd of February, A second Customer Service representative has pointed out that these licenses expire and renew all the time, and there shouldn't be anything to worry about. 

Similar to the last one, the CSR will be forwarding over the "please keep pony!" response.  I wouldn't recommend spamming their poor overworked chat people, but this has apparently made them aware at least.

Chances are we will see it renew.  If it doesn't, we can complain afterward right?

Works Cited: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/01/pony-most-likely-getting-renewal-on.html

I'm hoping they pull this one off.

Hopefully, due to the demand to get it to stay back on Netflix, Netflix will change its mind and let all bronies not forget the marvelous series.

Mlp isn't disappearing from Netflix its just a matter of renewing their license for the show.jBnkl6f.png   http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/01/pony-most-likely-getting-renewal-on.html

I hope to Celestia they will keep it on Netflix. Let's hope this is true.

What?! This is extremely disappointing. I usually watch pones with my little brother on Netflix. Ugh. Better marathon the show then, while I can. >_>

This happens all the time, guys. Netflix gets a contract from a company that says "you pay us X amount of dollars, you can put our show up for your subscribers for Y amount of time." Near the end of the contract, Netflix people look at the stats and think "enough people watch this show to be worth spending more money on it" and then they renew the contract and it stays streamable. Or they say "nope, not enough people watched it to be worth renewing the contract, let's find a more popular thing to spend money on" and it leaves Netflix. There are also some cases where the company supplying the show doesn't want to renew the contract, but that's not as common.

Just look at something like Breaking Bad. It's been on Netflix for over 5 years, and I highly doubt the initial contract was for more than a year.

I'd be very surprised if MLP left entirely because the contract ran out.

• Brohoof 1

Netflix gets a contract from a company that says "you pay us X amount of dollars, you can put our show up for your subscribers for Y amount of time." Near the end of the contract, Netflix people look at the stats and think "enough people watch this show to be worth spending more money on it" and then they renew the contract and it stays streamable. Or they say "nope, not enough people watched it to be worth renewing the contract, let's find a more popular thing to spend money on" and it leaves Netflix.

Maybe those of us with access to Netflix should start binge watching the show to increase those stats.

I don't have cable, and Netflix is the only way to for me to watch MLP. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don't have cable, and Netflix is the only way to for me to watch MLP. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

(edited)

I'm starting to see a bit of support for keeping MLP on Netflix.  But I doubt it will be enough.  So to everyone on this Message Board, I have something to say about wanting to defend MLP on Netflix.

6ea93e5d-a75a-418e-83e3-6a556d3a52a5_zps

I think you all remember Chewbacca.  He's a Wookie from the planet Kashyyyk.  Yet, for some reason he's living on the moon of Endor with 2 foot tall Ewoks.  That doesn't sound like it would make sense.  Why would Chewie live with Wicket and the other Ewoks on the moon of Endor? But more importantly, what does this have to do with MLP being taken down from Netflix? Nothing.  It has nothing to do with My Little Pony being taken off of Netflix.  I, myself, want to keep My Little Pony on Netflix so everyone can witness the epic battles of friendship, glasses of chocolate milk, Changeling Succubi, and a Centaur who eats magic like it were Cheetos and yet I'm talking about a Star Wars character owned by the Walt Disney Company.  Does that make any sense?  No it doesn't.  Nothing makes sense around here or anywhere.

Folks, if Chewbacca lives on Endor, then you must support keeping My Little Pony on Netflix.

Edited by SaburoDaimando
  • Brohoof 4

Gosh, that's a way alot of bronies without cable watch the show :o That's pretty terrible :( Well at least there's always Youtube....while the episode lasts before it gets taken down :squee:

Unless you have internet the quality of dial-up. Dailymotion would just kill whatever you're watching if you have slow internet, causing it to have bad frames at unwatchable 240p.

Like my internet, which I can never be able to watch anything on DM. Yet Netflix works perfectly fine.

Two words: Download Helper

Save the high quality version to your hard drive, and you're set for life ;)

That said, I do hope Netflix renews their license, because money going to Hasbro is a good thing. Best of all would be if they'd just make the prices on itunes reasonable so people could legally buy permanent copies. But for now, download off Dailymotion for posterity, and watch on Netflix to keep the ratings up ^_^

Two words: Download Helper

Save the high quality version to your hard drive, and you're set for life ;)

That said, I do hope Netflix renews their license, because money going to Hasbro is a good thing. Best of all would be if they'd just make the prices on itunes reasonable so people could legally buy permanent copies. But for now, download off Dailymotion for posterity, and watch on Netflix to keep the ratings up ^_^

But doesn't that thing have viruses on it?

I don't wanna mess up my new gaming PC.