Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP:FiM disappearing from Netflix - Ongoing discussion

SaburoDaimando

NetFLIM is more like it. Oh well. *sobbs* At least *sniff* I still have enough time to watch it in its

entirety again. This will surely be the darkest and most depressing groundhog day in history.  

But yea, it is on DailyMotion. 

(nw - The Best Night Ever ♥)

Not sure what to feel, honestly...

Not gonna lie. When I heard the news, my heart sunk a little bit. The best thing about having MLP:FiM on Netflix was getting to watch it in all its HD glory, as it was meant to be seen.

Maybe this is just because of where I live, but...

I have DirecTV and HDTV sets in my house. But for some reason, DirecTV is not giving us the HD version of the Discovery Family Channel. Viewing a SD video on a HD set is NOT a pretty sight, especially when you're a videophile like me. However, I can swallow my distaste and still enjoy the episodes none the less. I have all the episodes recorded, and I will record the next season to come, on my DVR. However, it was nice using Netflix, not having to worry about seeing fuzzy SD artifacts or unnecessary black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

Sure, I can watch MLP:FiM on the internet in other locations, and in HD. But that's just not how I roll, because most of those sources are ILLEGAL! I'm real big on being able to legally support the things I love, and Netflix was just one of the ways I could do so. If we get the show on some place like Hulu, it'd be nice, but I'm not big on paying for multiple subscriptions to multiple places. At that rate, you might as well stick to TV.

I want to keep the faith, though. I want to believe that there will be enough interest to make Hasbro reconsider. We are getting another season, so it seems REALLY weird to pull out of Netflix at this point in the game. But if it's going to happen, then it's going to happen.

In conclusion, if all we're losing is the TV series, I think I'll be fine. Will still be sad, but I'll carry on none the less. But if we lose the Equestria Girls movies and any future MLP:FiM movies on Netflix, I may have to break down and just buy the DVDs/Blurays after all.

I've been watching a few episodes these pst few days while I still can.

I dislike illegit viewing also. it loads slower even at the same resolution/quality and I cannot or will not set up a playlist to marathon it.

I should rewatch some Season 4 episodes while I still can on Netflix.

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! MY PONIES ARE GONE FROM NETFLIX NOW HOW WILL I WATCH THEM HOOWWWWWW!!!

Oh wait I don't have netflix so what does it matter to me.

I was on Netflix a little earlier just browsing, and the sign saying that it will no longer be there was gone. Not sure if it will still leave without the sign being there, but we'll just have to see. That day will probably not be as bad for you guys as it will be for me, since that day will be my second year as a Brony.

I think you misunderstood. According to the page you linked to, Netflix has NO PLANS to drop MLP/FIM any time soon. In fact, the page specifically states that the show will continue on Netflix which, if it's done in their usual fashion, then they'll start showing season 5 episodes after that season's over so what's the point of worrying about it, anyway, since there's always other sources and ways to watch the new season.

One of our local broadcast stations is planning on picking the show up either some time later this year or early next year. It should be interesting to see how that turns out. So, in the meantime, you can start breathing again. Relax, have a nice soda or something and don't let it bother you.

• 2 weeks later...

...The United States...the same as you...

Then I really have no idea, unless somehow you live close to a border and your ISP is actually from another country like Canada or Mexico.  That sort of thing does happen to people, though it's not common.

You are both sorta correct...

It still says 3/16/15 for me.

If by It, you means MLP's end date as displayed on Netflix. :)

What? I'm pretty sure it's february. My computer says 2/19/2015.

If by it's, you mean The Date My PC's Clock telling me it is right now. :derp:

Then you are both technically correct! :mustache:

I took a screenshot of my PC's Netflix Lineup, to help clear up the confusion...

post-29629-0-21176200-1424387168_thumb.png

I'm in Texas. Not sure if that affects Netflix's Lineup/scheduling.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...