Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Key Gear

Are animated gifs a type of fan art? I have no idea, so mods feel free to shuffle this thread if you need to do so.

I would never have made one of these, but I kept waiting for something to appear and it didn't. Thus, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I haven't made an animated gif in years, so I was completely surprised with the time that I spent on this. I had to have it though. The future amusement will more than make up for the short term annoyance.

If anyone wants me to make a tutorial on how to make these, then I may do it in the future. I think that I have a pretty good method. Today, it took me forever to figure out how though.

The zip files contain three sizes - huge, medium, and small. Please don't post the medium or huge versions on an imageboard. They are pretty big files. I am including them because you can use an image editing program to shrink them more easily than you can increase the size of the small images.

Plain Version (Feel free to edit)

post-1882-0-54183200-1333599349.gif

unlabeled.zip

Labeled Version (Feel free to use on image boards)

post-1882-0-99305900-1333599339.gif

labeled.zip

And, yes, I do know that Rarity said "I'll destroy her", but I thought that using "it" rather than "her" would make the labeled version more broadly applicable.

• Brohoof 10

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS!! I LOVE YOU!

Actually, when I was trying to think of a pony project to do today, I remembered that you were the one that posted about how awesome it would be to get an animated GIF of that scene.

I can't seem to find the status update or the post where you said it, but I am pretty sure that it was you that gave me the original idea. I am happy that you like it! :D

• Brohoof 1

Actually, when I was trying to think of a pony project to do today, I remembered that you were the one that posted about how awesome it would be to get an animated GIF of that scene.

I can't seem to find the status update or the post where you said it, but I am pretty sure that it was you that gave me the original idea. I am happy that you like it! :D

It was in the Episode discussion thread, yeah I requested someone get me it. So thanks. If I can compress it enough, I'm making it my avatar.

It was in the Episode discussion thread, yeah I requested someone get me it. So thanks. If I can compress it enough, I'm making it my avatar.

Would this work for an avatar? :)

post-1882-0-13501600-1333602561.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Would this work for an avatar? :)

post-1882-0-13501600-1333602561.gif

I already have it. No it wouldn't work because it is over 100kb.

For some reason it isn't showing up, even though I changed it...Help?

Edited by Chigens

I already have it. No it wouldn't work because it is over 100kb.

For some reason it isn't showing up, even though I changed it...Help?

Hmmmm.... It seems like the content delivery network for the forum has about a 72 hour delay before it actually updates the avatars.

I checked your profile and I don't see it there either. :huh: You could probably post in Canterlot Castle and ask Feld0 about it.

• Brohoof 1

Hmmmm.... It seems like the content delivery network for the forum has about a 72 hour delay before it actually updates the avatars.

I checked your profile and I don't see it there either. :huh: You could probably post in Canterlot Castle and ask Feld0 about it.

If it isn't up by tomorrow, as in like 12 hours, then I'll say something. It's not like a huge issue or anything...

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It would be great if you did a tutorial, I'm working hard to animate but I always do things the complicated way. Hopefully the way you done it would have been easier. Let me know if you have done one and where I could see it, would be very helpful.