Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have any of the Mane Six failed to do something?

RandomInternetDude

Hi everyone! This is one of my first posts, so please correct me if I make some kind of mistake!

Anyway, I was filling out a character sheet for Twilight when I came to the characteristic of Failure; I have been thinking about it for a while, and I honestly am unable to think of anything that Twilight has failed to do, or even anything that any of the Mane Six have failed to do. So I was wondering if anyone could let me know of any failures of the Mane Six that I am unaware of, and prove how ignorant I really am to this kind of thing!

Thanks!

Hi everyone! This is one of my first posts, so please correct me if I make some kind of mistake!

Anyway, I was filling out a character sheet for Twilight when I came to the characteristic of Failure; I have been thinking about it for a while, and I honestly am unable to think of anything that Twilight has failed to do, or even anything that any of the Mane Six have failed to do. So I was wondering if anyone could let me know of any failures of the Mane Six that I am unaware of, and prove how ignorant I really am to this kind of thing!

Thanks!

Have you seen Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks?

I don't want to spoil it, but have you seen it?

Thanks!

Applejack failed to get any blue ribbons in "The Last Roundup".

• Brohoof 3

Fluttershy has failed, time and again, to becoming less of a pushover throughout the series.

Twilight failed to kick Tirek's ass at the end of season 4 even with all of the Alicorn magic at her disposal.

Everyone else failed to teach Rainbow Dash about humility in the Mare-Do-Well episode. She learned it for about a day and went back to being overly boisterous in the next episode. (To be fair, that episode exaggerated her hubris to an unfitting level)

All of the characters have failed to take Pinkie Pie seriously even after episodes teaching lessons about listening to all of your friends no matter how ridiculous they can be.

Pinkie Pie failed to prevent the stampede on Braeburn's town with her sharing and caring songs.

Rarity got so caught up in the lime light that she failed to create a proper dress for Twilight in the Becoming Popular episode. Even if she could have technically pulled off the simplicity of that dress being the intent she still didn't work on it enough.

I'm sure there's other instances of things, some that were resolved in some way and some that weren't.

Applejack failed to get any blue ribbons in "The Last Roundup".

Thanks! I completely forgot about that!

Twilight Sparkles fails writing the musical counter spell.

Oh right! I can't believe I didn't think of that! I have the memory of a goldfish with brain damage...

Fluttershy has failed, time and again, to becoming less of a pushover throughout the series.

Twilight failed to kick Tirek's ass at the end of season 4 even with all of the Alicorn magic at her disposal.

Everyone else failed to teach Rainbow Dash about humility in the Mare-Do-Well episode. She learned it for about a day and went back to being overly boisterous in the next episode. (To be fair, that episode exaggerated her hubris to an unfitting level)

All of the characters have failed to take Pinkie Pie seriously even after episodes teaching lessons about listening to all of your friends no matter how ridiculous they can be.

Pinkie Pie failed to prevent the stampede on Braeburn's town with her sharing and caring songs.

Rarity got so caught up in the lime light that she failed to create a proper dress for Twilight in the Becoming Popular episode. Even if she could have technically pulled off the simplicity of that dress being the intent she still didn't work on it enough.

I'm sure there's other instances of things, some that were resolved in some way and some that weren't.

Thanks! That first one should have been obvious to me!

Twilight Sparkle also technically failed to change the past in the time travel episode. All she did was continue the infinite loop that was that day. In the end she learned the lesson but never stopped her past self from going through all of it in the first place.

I remember in the Grand Galloping Gala episode, Fluttershy failed to attract the garden animals. This is an example of something called Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome, or something along the lines. Fluttershy just went completely psycho, knowing that this is a rare occasion where her special talent failed her. As Fluttershy's an animal lover, this type of situation must be devastating for her.

As others have said, Twilight failed to defeat Tirek. The mane 6 eventually defeated him with the help of Discord and the little deus ex machina box.

There they failed, but (with a teeny tiny bit of outside help) came back and succeeded. But there's another instance where they failed totally, and somebody else solved the problem...

When Canterlot was attacked by Queen Chrysalis and her changeling army, the mane 6 tried to retrieve the Elements of Harmony from where they were being kept, but were overwhelmed by the sheer number of changelings, and defeated. When Chrysalis was eventually repelled, it was Princess Cadence and Shining Armor who did it! (Though Twilight had played a big part in reuniting Cadence and Shining Armor.)

• Brohoof 1

Don't forget Applejack failed spectacularly at trying to do the apple harvest all by herself, and every single member of the Mane 6 failed to achieve their imagined "best night ever" at the Grand Galloping Gala.

Edited by TenorSounds

You don't have to be too observant to see example of the mane six failing, collectively they failed to stop the invasion of the changelings of Canterlot, plus they forgot the lesson of listening the concerns of a friend, which they learned after Lesson Zero. Discord effectively won during Return of Harmony, but like in A Canterlot Wedding, it took a deus ex machina to prevail, yet that was after they succumbed to their weaknesses. The mane six then Twilight Sparkle failed to stop Lord Tirek, some of the mane six loss their magic to Tirek, and Twilight Sparkle with all the alicorn magic, was evenly matched with Tirek, but Tirek used Twilight's friends to manipulate in his favour, then she loss her magic, so once again it took a mcguffin to succeed, I can use more examples, but these are the perhaps the most visible, there are small, subtle examples too, however, small or large, the mane six have plenty failures, in addition to many victories, and that is the lesson to be take away, all of us have tried and failed to do something, but it takes courage and perseverance to try again next time. 

I take it that you're new here and have probably never seen this image, which sums up the answer to your question:

insane_manes_6_by_zefrenchm-d4elqze.png

If you want to see Twilight reacting to failure, I recommend "The Return of Harmony", "Lesson Zero", and "The Crystal Empire".

Dash failed to complete Wonderbolt Training & failed to set the water lift record in "Hurricane Fluttershy"  (although they did lift their quota).  Rarity failed & almost died at the air show in "Sonic Rainboom".  The CMCs have consistently failed to get their cutie marks.  T failed to understand the "Pinkie Sense" in "Feeling Pinkie Keen".  "Crystal Empire", T fails to retrieve the Heart & Spike saves the day. +Spike came over T's opposition, if he had listened to her it would have been a disaster.

All the Mane 6 fail to teach Dash in "Testing 1, 2, 3,...", although T invents a new way & succeeds in the end.

Also, Pinkie's MANY failures in "Pinkie's Pride"

Edited by sweetolebob18

The mane six have failed numerous times in various activities because if they did everything successfully, would they have been as interesting and lovable as they are now?

The failures they have gone through the series is what makes the mane six, the mane six.

- The rest of the Mane 6 failed to understand Fluttershy, but Fluttershy's a hard pony to understand and she hasn't talked much about her backstory so I don't blame them.

- Rarity failed to not take criticism too seriously in "Inspiration Manifestation" and instead went out of control and also failed to understand that changing who she is just to impress a colt isn't a good thing in "Simple Ways".

- The Mane 6, with an exception of Pinkie Pie, also struggled a bit to accept Maud Pie for who she is.

- Pinkie Pie also struggled to accept the fact that her sister can't be friends with her friends.