Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best convention moment?

spade

I have two, one Brony and non-Brony related. (:

The first one was a few years back when WonderCon was still held in San Francisco. I cosplayed an Umbreon that weekend, and somewhere in the middle of the day I lost my tail. (Its pinned to the back of my skirt) Later, later in the evening, I'm sitting outside on a stairs outside of the convention center waiting to go into an event with tons of other people. At the top of the stairs were a Spiderman and Spawn cosplayers. The Spawn suddenly jumps the whole flight of stairs down to where I was sitting, and here I am thinking that he's just being in character and showing off. Suddenly, he turns to me and I'm like, "????" He rummages through his bag and suddenly, presents me my lost tail!

For the Brony one, it was when I went to BabsCon last year. I was cosplaying as Flutterspy, and I went to an event with Dusty and Bulk Biceps. I'm a fan of his, so naturally I wanted to get a picture of him at some given point of the con. But because he was too busy, I could never find the time to get him. Later that evening, I'm in a hall with my friend and all of a sudden I hear someone come up to me saying, "I've been looking all over you, and I just wanted to say that you are the most adorable thing ever!" None of than the buff pegasus hinmself. yay~

• Brohoof 1

I went to a bad erotica fanfic reading, 3 of the 5 reader were/trying to get drunk the fanfic was so bad. One guy had a soda litre filled with vodka and pepsi. The voice actor of the Doctor from Dr. Whooves and the Assistant actually was one of the readers... needless to say I was laughing so hard it hurt.

Edited by Panne

I made a really good friend at Boston Comicon last summer. I just started paling around with a small group of people, and one of them happened to go to the same school as me! Of course how could we not start talking, I mean, she was a furry, I was a brony (Avril Lavigne voice: Can I make it aaaany more ooobvious?)

I was at San Diego Comic Con, and me and my friends got into the habit of calling everyone in cosplay "Voldemort" (There were a lot of Voldemorts the previous year). We came to this guy who was dressed as a Jedi to promote that Star Wars MMO. We called him Voldemort, and he thought it was mildly amusing . Through the whole con though, we just kept seeing this guy everywhere, who we would only call Voldemort. On the last day, we bought him a Voldemort shirt. 

We got a kick out of it. He probably just thought it was weird.

• Brohoof 1

I just had a much better time at the 2nd Rotlcon (Denver). Between putting on a much better music performance (sandwiched between Mathematicus and Hackd) and hanging out with Eurobeat Brony, Pony Firestone, Tiff Whitney, and Slyphstorm among a few others,,,, it was just fun and with minimal ego's involved. Everyone seemed happy to be there and socialize. Was a lot of fun the second time.

Seeing Andy Price's booth at Denver Comic con was a big treat. His booth was decked out with the black and white original pieces, amazing color prints, and himself sketching like mad for commissions. Having some of the other MLP artist out there too was a nice treat.

Nothing beats San Diego Comic Con in the 90's though. Went twice and got to see some of the upcoming legends in the comic industry. Between getting signatures and sketches from artists and writers, seeing golden and silves age comics up close, getting great deals on comics, and just having a packed convention hall it was an amazing memory that I'll always cherish.

Edited by Freewave

@@spade, as your topic is not specifically concerned with either FiM or bronydom, I have moved it to 'General Discussion' in the Everfree Forest (within Beyond Equestria). Sugarcube Corner would have been appropriate if this was specific to Brony Cons. However, as it is more expansive, the conversation is betted suited in Beyond Equestria. Please keep in mind the appropriate location for a thread based on  its content. If you require any assistance, please contact me or another staff member via PM. Many thanks. :) 

Oh, I've got a very awesome convention moment to share...

At GenCon 2013, I dressed as Pinkie Pie for the first day of the convention. And the first cosplayer I saw was a guy dressed up as Rainbow Factory Dash. His costume was awesome, so I hollered "RAINBOW DAAAAAASH can I get a picture with yoooou" as I ran down the hall to catch up with him. He laughed, said "sure!" and we got our picture taken.

And then I kept running into him throughout the day, at various pony related events. People loved our costumes, and kept asking for our picture together - it was kinda awesome. And at the end of the day we ended up paired together for the demo tournament of the MLP CCG. (I whooped his butt with the Twilight Sparkle deck, haha) We ended up parting ways after one game, and I didn't see him again after that.

Until I found him online on a dating site. XD I messaged him, we had a good laugh about how we still keep running into each other, and eventually we started dating. And found out that we're pretty much clones of each other. And the rest is amazing history.

And now we're married! All because I chased him down at GenCon, trying to get his picture. That's my best convention story.

Well, that and the fact that I got hugged by my favorite author, Patrick Rothfuss,on the same day as all the awesome Rainbow Dash fun. XD I don't think anything is ever gonna top GenCon 2013.

Hm. That's a good question. Actually, I think it would be when Mary Elizabeth McGlynn was so nice to me. <3 I've met her twice, and the first time I met her... I didn't have anything for her to sign. Well, it was around my birthday during the convention. She actually BOUGHT me a Code Geass messenger bag and told me she would let me up first to sign it. Then, the second year I met her at the same convention... they were doing this mini-silent hill concert. Well, she did requests and I loved the song Hell Frozen Rain. I requested that and she actually points to me saying "this is for you" before playing it. ^_____^ I have the video of it too!