Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who wants more friends?

Dsanders

I definitely need some more friends during this difficult time I'm going through -_- I would really appreciate if anyone could just say hi. A normal conversation and just knowing someone cares is enough to distract me temporarily from my depression. The only times it comes back is when I'm bored or doing homework, so when I'm on the forums I hope to at least distract myself from my pain :(

Pretty sure I've already posted here... but I'mma post again because friendship.

Yeah, I could really do with more friends here; I have a hard time starting conversations with people both in real life and here, just afraid of being rejected I guess  :(  I do try be social, i just have some issues that I still gotta sort out  :okiedokielokie:

I always want more friends! :) Every person no matter who provides new perspectives and personalities that can make the difference in who you are or what happens to you. I love getting to know so many unique people. I wouldn't be who I am today if not for who I've known along the way.

• 1 month later...

I don't know. I'm in a place where I need more friends than I currently have, but I'm also in a place where making friends is almost impossible. I'm torn, and I just need someone to pop out of the blue and be a daily part of my life. I'll settle for a freakin' Roomba that has a smiley face sticker on it and sings country tunes. (Why the heck don't I have one of these?! That would be awesome.)

• Brohoof 2

I don't know. I'm in a place where I need more friends than I currently have, but I'm also in a place where making friends is almost impossible. I'm torn, and I just need someone to pop out of the blue and be a daily part of my life. I'll settle for a freakin' Roomba that has a smiley face sticker on it and sings country tunes. (Why the heck don't I have one of these?! That would be awesome.)

Smiley roomba is best friend. <3

I'd love more friends, i tend to take my time to know new people but once we are friends im very loyal . love chatting to people who share my hobbies and pastimes

In a way I do, yet in a way I don't. Like... I do want more friends, but I don't want so many that I can't keep up. I'm not a very social person either due to autism. It's not easy for me to have a dozen friends, especially ones who I have very little in common with. I have maybe one friend I talk to the most out of all the others. It's surprising how well we get along, despite having little in common too. Plus I have my boyfriend.

I have a lot of people I can talk to, but it's hard for me to start a conversation. I can't just go up to someone and say "hey what's up?" because once I do, I feel like I end up regretting it. I suffer from social burnouts a lot, and I often get overloaded by too much interaction as well. This is what causes a lot of my idleness or walking away. What I need is friends who understand me. I need them to understand what being autistic means. I obsess over my fangirl crushes, especially Takeru. I've actually lost friends because of this. They just don't seem to get that when it comes to being autistic, I can get extremely obsessed and talk nonstop about something.

Let alone... understanding my social boundaries. There may come a day when someone says hi to me out of the blue, and I ignore them. It's not because I don't like them or because I'm being mean. I just don't feel like socializing with a stranger that day or even at all. It's hard for me. It's hard to make friends, and I often hate that I'm not like every one else in all honesty. I wish people would be more considerate of the fact that I have problems. People like senpai... and my other few friends.

With that said, it would be nice if people actually added me on Facebook. :<

Edited by Takeshi Miyamoto

I really need a lot of help. I'm going through a tough time in my life, dealing with an uncertain future and serious emotional issues. I might have a long friends list, but the actual number of people who I feel I can talk to is less, the actual number of people I feel actually care about me can probably be counted on one hand or less. I'm banned from PM so it's going to be pretty hard to do that on here. I just want support, emotional support, of any kind.

At the same time, I feel I should be very suspicious of anyone I trust.

Edited by Wind Chaser

I'd like more friends, because it is always good to have connections.  The only problem is I don't want to do any of the work to get and keep friends.  It is just so much talking and relating and I just want to be alone most of the time.

Being an introvert, I prefer 1-3 close friends.  I don't have any.  At least I don't think I do.  I tried to buddy buddy with a guy at college and I exchanged phone numbers. If he wanted to call me to come over to his house or something but he didn't call back.

If you look at this Buzzfeed video, it's pretty much how I am.  I appreciate my alone time but I do want social interaction.  I do want to be invited to parties (without drinking alcohol).  I do want to be with people.  I just don't want bazillions of friends.  Because I can't remember everyone's names, but I do remember Faces.

Further note, I do want more Tumblr followers.  (They can be friends too!)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, always, friends can be great to have although I have met some Bronys in my area, and that made me very happy. I need to find more from my area I know there here we are everywhere. The ones I've met are awesome, and I enjoy spending time with them, and hanging out. "Friendship is Magic"

I tend not to connect well to others offline, so there's plenty of room if the right people come along. I'm not shy, but my lifestyle, attitudes, and my interests are very different compared to those around me. I hate smartphones, I'm happy to chat to people from different political parties without fighting, I still read classic literature and classic sci-fi, and I love to write with no fear of rejection.

Online, there's room but not as much. I'm afraid of spending too much time at my computer keeping up with people miles away just to have something to do and not because we have a strong friendship despite the distance. Before you know it, a whole evening can go by posting on forums or replying to PMs, but you might not feel less lonely for it.

Edited by Ginger Tea