Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you want to happen to your remains after you die?

Countess Noodle

Either I can go the completely awesome route, with full out Viking burial at sea, complete with my personally favorite set of arms to come with me on my journey to Hel/Valhal, or I can go the mundane and be cremated in a glass jar.

..still getting somebody to chuck that jar from a catapult though.  B)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't wanna be cremated, ick. I don't wanna be buried in the ground, either. Ick. What I want is this: After the funeral I want my body placed on the top of an enormous mountain-high pile of dynomite (or some other explosive) and be blown up! Yes! Really! There was a book I read a long time ago - I forget who wrote it - called Finnegan's Wake. In that story a guy was blown up at his funeral. Probably, though, it'd be illegal to do that so, if it can't be done then next choice would be cremation with my ashes scattered on a beach in Mendocino, California. (If you thought I was weird, before, this'll probably leave you scratching your head and really wondering about me, now! LOL!)

I'm an organ donor so if there is anything useful on me when I'm dead it will go to help someone else.  It is like a part of me will live on. After they get any parts they need from me I want my body to go to science.  I'm fine with it being dissected or anything.  If it helps train a future doctor or if it is for science than I'm happy.  I'm all about using my dead body to give back to society.

I just don't want my remains to take up space and waste resources, know what I mean?  I hate the way death is typically handled in this culture.  The idea of embalming and preserving in a casket is so riduculous.  I've talked about this in other threads as well.  It's asinine how expensive death is, and how much space and resources it wastes.  For me, cremation is fine.  I want my organs to be put to good use, though.  Ideally, though, I wish my corpse could go to feed some starving animals or something.  Like maybe some poor lions that are in captivity because they couldn't survive on their own or something.  The idea is that a living thing's remains should give life back in some way.  Our energy should return to the Lifestream and provide energy for other beings.

Either that, or I want to be preserved in a completely accurate, full size replica of the Tomb of Raithwall from Final Fantasy XII.  :S

Tomb_of_raithwall.png

• 2 weeks later...

Cremated; and someday sending my ashes to the Sun.

The first part its the "default" where I live, so its cheap and easy.

The second its not posible yet (but maybe in a few decades, a very expensive private service like SpaceX will make it available to the public).

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 1

I would like for my remains to not bother anyone. I know, how about I make sure to die somewhere never to be found? That wouldn't make me dead in the first place but would rather suggest that I vanished.

Honest answer though, I don't care what you do with my remains, go feed them your animals if they even bother eating it, use my body for crazy zombie/cyborg experiments. Whatever it is, I don't care (Unless I unexpectedly come back to life somewhere in the future because of the experiments, that would be chaos for everybody. Nobody would want that.)

I guess buried. My family would be happy with a proper burial. Then again, by the time I'm dead, they'll be long gone. Isn't that a sobering thought?

I guess if I truly don't have anyone else's concerns to worry about, I would donate my body to science.

• Brohoof 1

Cemeteries are dumb. I will insist that all of me gets donated or sent to research or something along those lines. I don't wanna be buried, dead people aren't worth taking up that much space.

• Brohoof 1

I'm on the organ donor register so first they'd chop away any bits that they needed and then I'd just want the rest to be cremated. The thought of just rotting away underground gives me the creeps.

If anyone needs my organs, I don't need them after I'm dead so go ahead.

Anything that's left, I want it to be cremated. Then I want the ashes to be made into brownies, just like Marshall from How I Met Your Mother

Edited by Pucksterv

I wish to be skinned right down to the bone, then have a expert craftsman turn my bones into My Little Pony knock offs and sell them as "My Little Boney." All money made would be then donated to pony farms.

I want my corpse burned and its ashes spread in the ocean, or perhaps donate it for science.

Edited by Guest