Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Grosses You Out?

Venomous

There isn't a thing in this world that can gross me out, methinks. Most people get up in arms about certain things and to me it's just kinda "meh".

You can guess I'm the one who takes out the garbage and cleans the toilets. It helps that I have a shitty sense of smell. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

So many things, man.  So many things.

For example:

Veins

Other people's hair (attached or unattached, doesn't matter, I just don't like touching it ever)

Other people's body hair

Any violence to do with eyes (they're just too darn vulnerable)

Passing gas of any kind

Sharing a bed (I was once peed on by my sister :okiedokielokie: )

Turkey or chicken necks (cooked)

Bad burns

Missing fingernails

Unflushed toilets

Public bathrooms

Accidentally touching used gum under desks and such

When it rains and there are dead worms everywhere

Killing bugs when you can feel their little bodies crunching under the tissue

Anything that smells like cats

The carpet in my grandma's basement (her dogs pee on it all the time)

Finding specs or food scraps in glasses or on silverware

Cooked carrots

And that's just an abbreviated list of the many things that make my stomach turn.  I could go all day.

Edited by Phoenix Flair
  • Brohoof 1

Insects that crawl... i dunno.. i find them ugh,,,

leftovers in the sink. yeah when you have leftover food from your plate and your family memeber didn't throw it away but just put it in the sink... The food  will be all soggy and wet, it just looks gross.

yellow/green puddles on the road/alley/streets etc... Just by the stench of it and the color... you can tell that it is disgusting...

dog poo on the streets... I tell you. You do not want to step on those...

colony of Ants that invade your food... Even if a new freshly cooked food... is invaded by ants... i will gladly throw it away.. it grosses me out to see ants invading your food.. 

• 2 months later...

Babies. They drool, puke, and shit and...just yuck. There's more, but I'm not going into that here.

I'm not a huge fan of children, either.

:twi:

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a huge fan of children, either.

:twi:

I used to think so, but after actually having a child, you'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it.

No, what affects me is insects and spiders of all kinds, and spoiled food.  I won't even risk drinking milk if it's past the Use By date on it.  Right now, there's some old food in an airtight container in the fridge that I can see through the plastic is clearly growing mold, and I'm too afraid to clean it out, but I'm also too cheap to just throw the whole thing out and get a new container. 

• Brohoof 1

I used to think so, but after actually having a child, you'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it.

No, what affects me is insects and spiders of all kinds, and spoiled food.  I won't even risk drinking milk if it's past the Use By date on it.  Right now, there's some old food in an airtight container in the fridge that I can see through the plastic is clearly growing mold, and I'm too afraid to clean it out, but I'm also too cheap to just throw the whole thing out and get a new container. 

I actually have an infant nephew who is 8 months old.

I don't think the same about babies anymore, but there is still a part of me that finds them... I dunno.

There's a few things I can't mention, and a few things that I can. The things I can mention would be bodily fluids (outside of blood, saliva, and sweat), roadkill, and sewage, to name a few.

Not much, worked as a trash man for four years and found it completely tolerable. Okay there was one time when I found a half rotted fish that had been stewing in it's own juices in the summer sun that was a tad repulsive but that was only once.

No oddly what grosses me out is something fairly mundane. Wet food in the kitchen sink. For God's sake, empty the uneaten scraps into the trashcan first!

• Brohoof 1

I actually have an infant neohew who is 8 months old.

I don't think the same about babies anymore, but there is still a part of me that finds them... I dunno.

Oh, no doubt.  There are still moments, I just became a lot more comfortable with it than I thought I ever would.  There are still those moments when the baby had what my wife and I liked to call a "poopsplosion".  Still didn't like dealing with those at all.

Not too much, really. But...

The sound of snot sliding down someone's throat

Nose picking (especially for an adult - ewwwwwwww)

Scrambled/hard boiled eggs

Eating something that was just in someone else's mouth

Someone besides you using your toothbrush

Weird one, but: the way you feel when you haven't slept all night

Bad breath

Gag...

Edited by Carolina

I absolutely can't stand mold. Mold of any kind, is disgusting. It tastes like dirt and looks like a freakin' disease on anything it grows on.

I can get very grossed out by the smell of rotten fish or the fish stank in general. I'm used to fish, I live on the West Coast, I grew up with it. But I cannot STAND when the smell has grown into something, like clothes or anything like that.

And I don't like vomit. Neither do I enjoy open wounds or holes with worms/insects in it....

For me it would be: 

-Bugs

-Puke (vomit)

-Open wounds (blood)

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 1

Things that gross me out:

- finding someone else's hair in my food

- Cleaning out the shower pit (also includes a lot of hair)

- When someone 'cracks' their bones in their hands