Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you hate school/university/college? Why or why not?

An Unknown Pony.

Do you hate school/University/college  

47 users have voted

1. 1. Do you hate school/college/university

• Yes
    • No

So yeah,i get bored again  i don't know if this is a topic before,and i think this would be the appropriate section.

so yeah,i hate school cause 

1.Homework,Homework,tons of homework

2.30 minutes recess/break,Seriously? :okiedokielokie:

3.Study for long hours.

4.Bored there,but at-least some lessons were fun.

5.i have no friends in class,so it would be hard for me to find group members for a group project  :(

So what are your opinions?

Edited by Sheriff Daniew
  • Brohoof 2

I dont hate school its place where i can learn new exciting things about the world and its a place where i can learn how to socialize with other people around me.

School is very important and I wouldnt be here writing this without my school.

I dont socialize with people at all outside of my school I dont open my door to go outside of my house without school. I rarely speak at all but at school I need to speak sometimes.

School maybe feels like it is not fun and it is a waste of time but for me it is a door to open big world full of exciting new things.

I am very grateful that i can go to school!

People that attend the school with me are totally different subject. Most of them dont see who i am they avoid me and make fun of me. Im the werid guy.

Im different because i cant socialize the same way that others can. They make everyday of school a challenge. I've always observed the other people of my class and I've tried to adapt behaviour and shield that is hard to broke

With this shield i can ignore them most of the time but bot always. Point is that im at school because i want to learn new things friends would be big plus but lets face it I cant make any.

• Brohoof 6

As far as I thought, University is a little different to High School. Especially seeing as you have to pay for the classes out of your own pocket most of the time, and there are much less bullies. You're all mostly there because you want a higher education and so the people there are much more mature. The childish stuff of high school become a mere memory, or so I've found.

As long as you have friends there to have fun and take your mind off all the stress, then it's all good in my eyes!  B)

I prefer to keep the future in my hands instead of pointing out the negativity of whatever it is around me. Ultimately it's our own decision to make it a positive experience. High School is a little more restricting, but it's interesting because the basic principle is the same. The only real big difference is there are those who don't want to be there for whatever reason and you sort of feel forced at times. You're likely to enjoy doing something more out of your own "Free Will".  :huh:

• Brohoof 3

Nope, I love university! I'm learning a ton, and my classes are all incredibly interesting. The instructors are great, and my classmates are wonderful. The material is fascinating, and the overall academic environment is fantastic. The student-run organizations are also far superior to any I've encountered in high school.

On the other hand, rigorous is an understatement (at least for STEM majors). Projects can take dozens of hours each, and scoring 50% on an exam is above average. Problem sets often take between 10-20 hours per week--for just one class (out of three or four). Labs run for hours. Material is covered at a breakneck pace. When I was a kid, I thought it was hard to wake up early enough to see the sunrise. These days, I don't even have to wake up; I'm usually spending that time staring at code or equations! It can be incredibly painful, and I sometimes catch myself doubting my abilities. But I push on, and it all ends well.

There are other problems like class enrollment and university bureaucracy, but they're not huge factors, and ultimately, it's been a great experience for me. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I think it's worth looking into for those who want to expand their career options.

• Brohoof 6

School and uni are the places that contributed greatly towards turning  me into who and what I am today. to say that a person hates school because they give too much work and force you to wear uniform is very childish IMO.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe my ride through school wasn't the most pleasant time in my life, but, it was still one of the most important rides I've had... At worst, it seems to be a necessary evil- no matter how much harm it's done to me, things wouldn't exactly be better in my life right now if I never went to it.  -_-

• Brohoof 1

No, I don't.

School's an awesome place where I get to meet awesome people. Sure, some are dicks sometimes, but the whole world's full of mean people - they're insignificant in your life so ignore them. Carry on with your life and achieve as best as possible.

Also, school can be fun. This year I'll be doing my first subject electives (Graphic Design and Visual Arts). I'm definitely looking forward to them, especially Graphic Design, I want to learn more theory about it. At the moment my only knowledge in Graphic Design is from experimenting in Photoshop/Illustrator and a few tips from friends. Theory and colour studies would significantly improve my work.

As for Visual Arts, I'm simply looking forward to it because I love art. Art's always been a passion of mine since I can remember. Up until last year, my life goal was to become a cartoonist. (Now it's to become a graphic designer). 

And I'm pretty interested in HSIE too.

• Brohoof 2

I do hate high school, but it's more because of my personal experiences. Last year I got kicked out thanks to my sour attitude, and I mean really sour. I don't care much about the work, but to have no friends and a stupid attitude really hurts. x_x I do hope things will improve this year, though.

• Brohoof 2

Um... I love school. Or I should say college/university, mostly. Sitting around and learning is soooo much more fun than working. School, especially college, is so much more varied than work (or at least mine). Different schedules every day (at least in college). Oh and the breaks and holidays off.

You kids better enjoy all of that. At my workplace I had to wait two whole years to get any vacation time. I'm not saying I had it the worst, I'm just saying that enjoy all of your holidays and breaks because they don't happen in the work world.

But really I just enjoyed the school/university life. Sure, it can be stressful with all of the homework and exams, but I'd just much rather do it than work.

• Brohoof 3

I used to hate school because of how much of a pain it is back then but now since I'm in my last year and the school im in gets out really early I have been having more fun...plus my grades don't suck compared to last year

• Brohoof 1

You kids better enjoy all of that. At my workplace I had to wait two whole years to get any vacation time. I'm not saying I had it the worst, I'm just saying that enjoy all of your holidays and breaks because they don't happen in the work world.

That's quite an American thing though. In most of the rest of the world, employers are legally obliged to offer a certain amount of paid holiday each year. For example, in Australia it's four weeks plus official public holidays; in the UK it's 28 days including public holidays; in Austria it's 6 weeks, plus public holidays (and the Austrians have a lot of holidays!)

Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 3

I like University for many reasons, the freedom, the classes and scheduling, the experiences, the learning..

I'd say the only thing I dislike are being with party animals but that's because I'm a much more reserved person and I don't really get anything out of going to parties. I focus on my work and that's probably why I'm doing well.

• Brohoof 2

I love university/school. Being social, learning and getting a sense of achievement is awesome, compared to a repetitive job.

I hope to get a challenging job which doesn't just become routine, but instead variate and teaches me new skills.

How can people not love it? :lol:   Unless because of bullying or the like, of course. 

• Brohoof 2

Yes I hate it.. For Starters:

• Way too expensive..
  • Even if you got a degree, it doesn't help you get a job.
  • Just like high school all over again
  • Usually you have to take generals AGAIN even if you took them in high school.

It's a big mess...

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I love university! I'm learning a ton, and my classes are all incredibly interesting. The instructors are great, and my classmates are wonderful. The material is fascinating, and the overall academic environment is fantastic. The student-run organizations are also far superior to any I've encountered in high school.

On the other hand, rigorous is an understatement (at least for STEM majors). Projects can take dozens of hours each, and scoring 50% on an exam is above average. Problem sets often take between 10-20 hours per week--for just one class (out of three or four). Labs run for hours. Material is covered at a breakneck pace. When I was a kid, I thought it was hard to wake up early enough to see the sunrise. These days, I don't even have to wake up; I'm usually spending that time staring at code or equations! It can be incredibly painful, and I sometimes catch myself doubting my abilities. But I push on, and it all ends well.

There are other problems like class enrollment and university bureaucracy, but they're not huge factors, and ultimately, it's been a great experience for me. Your mileage may vary, of course, but I think it's worth looking into for those who want to expand their career options.

Ditto. It's stressful as hell, but I prefer that to sitting on the couch and watching TV all day.

• Brohoof 2

No, there were a lot of things I hated about high school and alot of things I liked so that was a fairly equal mix of good and bad. I like college on the other hand much much better, you have the financial stuff to worry about which is a bad thing but there is financial aide if you know how to tap into it. On the plus side you have much more freedom to choose your path and there are a lot less bullies and idiots. How much or what kind of homework you get largely depends on what your major is and what teachers you get as the teachers themselves have much more freedom in forming their curriculum and thus can have drastically different ways of doing things and there can be differences in how much of what particular subjects are covered which can also depend on your major.

One thing I don't like though is certain general ed requirements particularly Math are still required even if took them in high school (which makes trade school make a lot more sense for some people than college) even if your particular major may have little or even nothing to do with that particular subject. I do well in nearly every subject you can think of but Math is seriously my academic kryptonite, I can barely even do Pre Algebra. I am way too stubborn to let that get to me though, I am going for my at the very least a masters degree in history and possibly a PHD so I am eventually going to find a way to beat this.

I don't hate school, but I am certainly bored by how slow it is.  The only course I like at my college are the multimedia classes, and even then some of those aren't the most enjoyable.

Edited by The Collector

Yes, absolutely, I've learned way more things using the internet than going to school in 1 year's time in half the time.  If schools didn't take 2 weeks to teach one subject than the classes would only take like 4-6 months instead of 1 year to complete.

Lets, see... I absolutly love school :squee: Sure the lectures are boring but its a great way to make new friends and be social with one another :)

My favorite time of the day is lunch because i can just sit down with my friends have a nice konversation and om nom that food :pinkie: