Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What type of gamer are you? (be honest)

CosmicHooves

Types of Gamers Poll  

158 users have voted

1. 1. What type of PC gamer are you?

• Amateur
    • Average
    • Advanced
  2. 2. What type of console gamer are you?

• Amateur
    • Average
    • Advanced
  3. 3. What type of mobile gamer are you?

• Amateur
    • Average
    • Advanced

Average, average, average.

• On the PC I can play a pretty decent ROBLOX game or Poptropica island.
  • On the console, I guess I can play okay. I'm not too great at The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker yet, but I beat up my brother and his friend on Super Smash Bros Melee about eight times the beginning of this month. Muahaha!
  • And the mobile. It depends on what you mean by mobile. I can play on my iPad mini pretty well; I've beat the high scores of most of my friends on Minion Rush. As for the DS, I haven't played in a while, but I can do an okay Mario Party DS game and I've got some experience with Nintendogs. I LOVE Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, but we lost the game chip! :(

I'm a pc gamer mostly old, new doesn't matter. I play a lot of console too, PS Vita and PS3, used to have a 360, 2ds,PS2, and a gamecube. I'm also a fan of emulation but I find it only works perfectly on a few systems, like NES emulation is near perfect, but SNES has screen tearing etc.

There are not a lot of quality games on android, but I have played Gemni Rue on my android tablet and it's sweet, I'd like to put Scummv games on my android but I suspect getting ISO's to run could be a pain plus the emulation is off for some games apparently.

I mostly play PC games, but I've played enough console games to consider myself average. I haven't really gotten into the hype of "mobile games" that so many other people seem to have joined, although if handheld consoles are in the mobile game category then I'd say I have a lot more experience.

balls to the wall no bucks given kind of gamer, if I see a cliff I jump it. 

I've played *shivers* League of Legends since like the beginning and I've gotten to the point where winning isn't even considered a thought when I get into a game, I just try and do really stupid sh--Stuff and see if I can pull it off.

Table Top. Best games.

Not too into electronic stuff.

Seriously, board games are fun, brain developing, headache-giving, make you use strategy, and you can alter the rules too if you want. Me and my sister do that all the time and end up messing the way the game's supposed to work up and playing for hours before finally deciding a winner. She also made her own card game with mlp characters. It's the best.

I mostly play on console (PS4) because i just prefer it over PC and all my friends have it and its really fun getting into parties with them and playing games together. I also tend to travel a lot so a console's portability is a bonus for me. But if i get a chance to play PC games on a gaming rig then id like to try it again.

As for mobile gaming i mostly just play Clash of Clans and what ever i find on the appstore that interests me

I'm pretty casual when it comes to gaming. I always knew a lot about games I was interested in, but never was really amazing at them. I kind of put myself on that. Growing up, I would set everything to the easiest difficulty, too scared to challenge myself. I've started challenging myself recently. Thanks to that, I can now play Mario Kart on any difficulty and I can play up to average computers on Smash Brothers.

• Brohoof 1

trust me I'm not amateur I'm advance at Console gaming since they have the best controls as for mobile I'm average and PC I'm average unless I'm using a controller attachment then I'm advanced

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

I'm a pretty big PC gamer right now. I've been converted from console, and I have no intention of heading back. I'd say I'm an "Average" gamer, though :P

• Brohoof 1

Im not sure if anyone can be "advanced" in mobile gaming (sorry, thats my PC gaming elitism coming out right there). Anyway, Building gaming PC's is one of my favourite hobbies. When I was younger, i was a hardcore Console gamer (computers weren't as powerful as the consoles then) but as I got older, i began to leave my fellow console peasants to join the ranks of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.

• Brohoof 2

PC Master Race etc.

I have a gaming PC, so there's no need to also have a console. I do have a 3DS, though, and I love me my Pokemon and assorted handheld RPGs.

Wait, are handhelds considered mobile or consoles in this case?

I play on my Playstation's and anything i

have fairly regularly, but I rarely play online multiplayer if it all. I think I'm an average console gamer.

Mobile gaming I rarely play but i have been playing Run Sackboy Run on my phone, that's the only game I play on Mobile. I'm an Amateur there.

I don't play on PC.

Edited by Light Diamond

You could do with a category for "non-gamer" and a definition of what the different choices actually mean.

I'm a fairly good PC gamer in most games, but I don't play mobile or console games.

When I was younger, i was a hardcore Console gamer (computers weren't as powerful as the consoles then)

While I lived through the pathetic PC games of the mid 90s without a game console...

That said, some of them were actually very good (e.g. civilization 2, theme hospital), despite having pixellated 2D graphics while consoles were all doing full 3D.

I think it's strange that the quality of PC games vs console games goes through such wild swings.

In the early 80s it was pretty much all arcades.

In the mid 80s nintendo ruled.

In the late 80s and early 90s PC gaming made huge amounts of progress with great graphics (e.g. Alpha Waves, the first 3d platform game),

storylines (e.g. The sierra quest games and monkey island), music (the same again) and new concepts (e.g. RTS in Dune 2)

In the mid 90s PC gaming virtually made no progress, while consoles became many times more efficient and developed much better 3D graphics (e.g. starfox to the early N64/PS1 era)

In the late 90s and early 00s PC gaming started coming back with much better graphics and fully rendered FPSs and 3D racing games.

It was mostly balanced for the mid 00s

Consoles got a slight edge in the late 00s

And since then PCs have become many times more powerful than consoles

I used to be a good PC Gamer....back n 2006 when my laptops could keep up with the games. Now I just play whatever my Dell will let me play on steam. I can play FNaF which is awesome, but I cant play any games that require you to use the mouse and keys at the same time cause my trackpad freezes up.

I am a console gamer and have been since the NES. Back when Call of Duty gamers where chill and not 12 year old squeakers, I used to be hardcore. spent at least 8 hours getting my K/D to positive. Now I only game on consoles to have something to do when I listen to podcasts or listen to youtube videos. Course, I also just troll the buck outta GTA Online cause kids rage the best whenever you blow them up.

As for mobile gaming, I wrote a whole rage induced article for an apps review cause most mobile gaming is pay to win, free to get started kind of thing. I mean, HOW DOES A FORD FOCUS BEAT A DODGE CHALLENGER, EA?!

I also majorly play PC, and i am pretty good at it, even though i only play Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. On Xbox 360 i only play GTA V Online, but i am pretty good at that, too. Mobile games i never play, but i also seem to be alright at them. I guess i am just a natural talent.

But still...

I'm not much of a gamer, but yet i am.

Well... how to say this now.? I ather put my time and work into creating something, than to play video games.

Of course,, games also have to be, but i rather, for instance, work on my music mixes, than to play TF2, MC, or GTA V Online.