Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about the scene that Flash Sentry making Twilight cry?

NFM2013

Titled above.

My opinion:
I don't hate Flash.I really don't.This scene is just, well, Flash Sentry is spelled, what can he do?AND Twilight wasn't crying because she was being insulted, she cries because she feels pity for her loved one that are being controlled against his will and she doesn't know how to save him at that moment. She quickly realized that Flash was actually suffering and she wanted to save him. She hated seeing him this way.

And I think Twilight and Flash could make a great couple, as long as Flash show more of his character in EQG 3.

Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=uJgu1jegA8c&x-yt-cl=84503534

Edited by NFM2013
  • Brohoof 2

Well I mean it's not his fault so there's nothing you can put against him, but I still find him to be pretty lame because they're trying to push this budding romance despite him being an incredibly bland and throwaway character as of now.

I thought that Twilight cried because what Flash said was the one thing she was really struggling with. She'd come to help her human friends, but was unable to complete her magical counterspell. She was feeling like she was failing them because she couldn't do something they expected of her. And what does Flash say? "I bet you have no idea what you're even doing!" He accidentally says the one thing she is dreading is true. That's what gets to her the most, having a painful truth cruelly pointed out to her by the boy she likes.

• Brohoof 5

I actually enjoyed the scene because it was the one of the few times when Flash wasn't just his typical one dimensional self.

she cries because she feels pity for her loved one

I don't think I would go so far as to call him Twilight's "loved one". It's a crush(creepy enough considering what she actually is, a pony) that hasn't been given much substantial development or progression so far.

That's what gets to her the most, having a painful truth cruelly pointed out to her by the boy she likes.

This is my stance as well and the most apt way to put it. Twilight's internal struggle - accentuated by her typically worrying nature - coupled with the surprise of seeing Flash's new attitude and the callousness of his criticism is what evoked the emotional response from her. She sincerely states "I thought we were friends?" and you can feel a sense of heartbreak betrayal.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 3

I know The Dazzlings did, they made Flash to do it and he did it right? I'm talking about that.

He has been forced to do.Do you even know anything about hypnotize?Once again, it's NOT his fault and you guys can't hate him for it.

Punch the puppet will do you no good, punch the puppeteer.

This is getting more ridiculous than I expected.

Let's say you have been hypnotized by me, and you kill your father.The judge say you're guilty, not me.How fair is that?

• Brohoof 2

"Punch the puppet will do you no good." Quite the contrary, friend, it'll do me plenty; any reason to hit that piece of cardboard hard in the face. It was just waiting to happen on my part. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to support violence, but it can't really count as assault if you punch something lifeless, correct? Besides, I don't hit women, and it all gets sorted in the end regardless, end of story.

(edited)

Why don't you like him?Of course he have a lack of character dev, but that's it.That doesn't make him a bad person.

Like in the first EQG, without Flash's evidence, Twilight may have never won the crown and sit in jail(not really) for something she didn't do.

Edited by NFM2013

Of course it's all simply my opinion; it's fine if you and others like him. But personally I can't stand the sight of him. 

Flash Sentry isn't even really a character, but a stereotype to fit the theme of the school. He has no business, nor reason, to play any role in the movies. He's just a "thing" for Twilight to pursue. And what he did for her was simply a one minute subplot that contributed nothing to the overall story of the first film. They share no common interests. I'm just irritated because a great character like Twilight deserves much better than walking cardboard. 

I know he's not a bad person, but that's just it. He's not "anything", just a stereotype to fit with High Canterlot Musical. 

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I'm going to be completely honest. I HATED Flash Sentry at first just for how undeveloped, shallow, and cliche he seemed. That being said, I didn't really have a problem with that one scene where he made Twilight cry. He was under a spell; what was he supposed to do? It was the Dazzlings doing the talking, not him. The character's grown on me somewhat, and I'd actually like to see some proper development for him in the future :D

Honestly, I agree with many people here. Flash was under a spell and it wasn't his fault he said what he said. The reason Twilight cried is because his words struck too close to home. She really didn't know what she was doing and being called out on it, especially by someone she likes, who is saying it against his will, must have hurt a lot.

I don't like him much and I hope he gets more development next time, but in this case he's not to blame for anything.

• Brohoof 1

Even if Twilight had absolutely no romantic feelings for Flash, it stills hurts her to see one of the nicest guys in the school angrily say, "I bet you have no idea what you're doing!". And I always believed that Sunset was watching this scene from off-screen. Seeing how uncharacteristically mean her ex-boyfriend was acting toward Twilight as a result of the Dazzlings' spell, she decided to confront the Dazzlings in that dark hallway shortly after. In the end, Sunset only got to say two lines while the Dazzlings planted seeds of self-doubt into her.

So, I believe the scene of Flash making Twilight cry was an small, but important scene to show.

• Brohoof 1

I was shocked. The first time I saw Rainbow Rocks, this scene wasn't even in there. I don't know why; it just wasn't. So when I unknowingly watched it from a different source and saw it, I was very surprised.

Mind you, not many books, movies, or tv shows make me shed any tears, even though I'm a huge wimp, but I guess the shock overwhelmed me and I cried a little. So when I saw the tears, I wasn't surprised.

Anyway, instead I like to watch Twilight's friends during the scene. Especially Applejack. She looks ready to bury Flash alive and dance on his grave.

• Brohoof 1