Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about the scene that Flash Sentry making Twilight cry?

NFM2013

It shows the effects of the sirens spell on a more personal level. It turned nice and supportive flash sentry into a total douchebag.

I was shocked. The first time I saw Rainbow Rocks, this scene wasn't even in there. I don't know why; it just wasn't. So when I unknowingly watched it from a different source and saw it, I was very surprised.

they actually cut severeal scenes in RR when they showed it on tv because time. Theaters and dvd version have those scenes
  • Brohoof 3

I'll try to play a little Devil's advocate here.

Truthfully, even if Flash hadn't been under the Siren's influence I wouldn't hate him for the way he acted. While it is still a pretty selfish and immature way to behave in the situation it's important to note that Flash had no idea why Twilight was really there(not that he made much effort to listen) so from his perspective it could be argued that he had some cause to be upset. Flash has already been shown to carry and play his guitar before the Rainbooms became a band which would suggest that he has been involved with his own group longer and been more invested in making a name for himself in the musical field. Not to mention he's a teenage boy, and don't try to tell me teenagers are never selfish or immature. 

So while I still don't like the way he acted, were he not being manipulated by the Sirens I could still see how he might have some legitimate grievances.

Anyway, instead I like to watch Twilight's friends during the scene. Especially Applejack. She looks ready to bury Flash alive and dance on his grave.

By contrast Fluttershy seems dismayed, Pinkie Pie looks confused/irritated, Rarity's expression is pretty close to that of Applejack's and the one time you see Rainbow Dash's face she looks kind of bored. 

they actually cut severeal scenes in RR when they showed it on tv because time. Theaters and dvd version have those scenes

As if the film wasn't short enough already. 

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 2

I think it was a good scene. Added a slight amount of depth to Flash. Portrayed him as something other than the love interest. That's what Flash desperately needs. To be something other than his role. He will never be taken seriously otherwise. Give the fans a reason to like him. Personality is a great place to start. 

Flash has shown no reason for Twi to like him, other than looks and being nice and that is what's irking everybody. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I liked this scene because it gave Flash's character more depth.  The one thing that really bothered me about him in the first movie was that he seemed too flat.  This scene makes him more human.

Flash Sentry is an interesting case in that he can incorporate several different character types like 'guitar-playing bad boy' and 'clumsy, awkward nice guy' while still being so flat. It would seem the different directions his portrayal try to pull him end up just stretching out and compressing him.

The fact that he has been shown to be at least capable of acting differently from his usual bland self, even an unpleasant manner, is still  an achievement in terms of his role in the universe, his versatility for the writers and his impression on the fan base. 

I still hold those who do bad things accountable while under the influence.

Are you referring to the Siren's magic or a substance like alcohol or marijuana? I guess you could call the Siren's magic a substance in a way, it does emanate a green vapor with behavioral affects, like a a really bad trip.

You should put something about spoilers in your title mate (not trying to backseat mod XD). And i havent seen it yet, ill probably watch it like tomorrow or saturday. 

Edited by Brechard

I still hold those who do bad things accountable while under the influence.

Like roughshod mentioned before, if you mean actual substances you choose to take, then yeah of course. But Flash didn't choose to be put under the sirens spell, and he definitely should not be put to blame.

Like roughshod mentioned before, if you mean actual substances you choose to take, then yeah of course. But Flash didn't choose to be put under the sirens spell, and he definitely should not be put to blame.

I see it as the Siren's magic unleashed negative things that was already inside him. It could be anger of TS not showing up for him but to help her friends beat him.

Edited by Singe

I never really felt much emotion to that scene; outside of sorrow for Twilight. Really, Flash wasn't his usual self during that scene, and I can't entirely put the blame on him. :/

I had just one thought...

HEY TWILEY! WELCOME TO THE REAL HUMAN HIGHSCHOOL!

:grumbles:

The irony if it being Flash's temporary attitude being the closest to human nature than all of Stereotype High combined, when since the beginning he was the most blandest of them all.