Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What does it mean to be a Brony?

Harmony in C5

Hello!

So, I believe that I am a Brony.  The reason for this is that I like the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic a lot and I stand by its values.

I'm actually new to the Brony community in general, as in I don't even know any Bronies offline, and I've seen different Bronies have so many different traditions.  I even saw two different documentaries about Bronies (I still can't believe they felt they needed to make that XD ) and it feels like everywhere I look where there are Bronies, the word seems to have a different meaning in addition to just liking the show.

So, I would like to know.  What is everyone's personal definition of "Brony"? And what does it take to be one in your personal opinion?

• Brohoof 4

My definition is 'somepony who watched/watches and likes/liked the show, and doesn't proceed to spit on the values it teaches straight after watching.'

Edited by Edwardo_Brony
  • Brohoof 1

As a silly person to get into weird things like this show proved the world that most shows are not meant for one gender, it can mean that you can watch it too so I define it as this.

Brony - a male watching/liking a girl show isn't so bad it makes us feel we're part of the fandom of a popular show and stuff.

To me it doesn't matter where people say to bronies just admit you like something that was originally meant for girls XD

Edited by Neutron Star

Bronies are a paragon of truth and justice, and proof that each of us has the potential to be a force for good.  We will give the people of earth an ideal to strive towards.  They will race behind us.  They will stumble.  They will fall.  But in time, they will join us in the sun.  In time, we will help them accomplish wonders.

...brony just means a fan of MLP, particularly FIM, who's outside the target demographic.  That's all.

• Brohoof 1

How dare people say that MLP fans are bronies

tumblr_inline_n9ww3qq8fK1qebkjx.gif

In all seriousness tho, (and I don't like episode 1, fyi), I think a brony is someone who likes mlp:fim. Simple.

I know some people hate that term because they associate it with the more unfavorable side of the fandom and would rather be considered "mlp fan".

That makes sense, but really, I've never really cared. When someone finds out I'm a brony, they start to assume that I'm like the guys they see on the internet that do the embarrassing stuff.

I don't care. By ASSuming, they're rejecting reality; a reality that not everyone is the same.

So am I a brony or just a guy who likes MLP? I don't know or care. You decide.

Edited by pollo20x6

To me, a brony is simply someone who enjoys watching the 4th generation of My Little Pony, called Friendship is Magic. It's not even necessarily someone who upholds the values the show teaches, although agreeing with them along basic lines might help to appreciate the show. Participating in the larger community is wholly optional.

Well, to me, Brony and Pegasister are words, a way a Brony just says to another Brony: hey I like the show too. Same with Pegasister, now, if I were to walk up to a Brony or a Pegasister and say: hi! I am a Figgeldyfargledyfoop! Would the understand I am a Pegasister?

But I sure as heck do not trumpet the show, if asked I will answer, otherwise I volunteer nothing, I do not even wear merchandise related to the show.

Edited by High Step