Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you dislike about your country.

Noei

I love my country Australia, but I do have pet peeves about it.

1.) The heat is unbearable

Especially in the Summer, temperatures here in Western Sydney reach up to 45 degrees C usually due to us living inside of a giant valley. Heat becomes trapped between the mountains. Instead of being outside I prefer to stay inside with the air conditioner on 0 degrees. x.x

2.) Bogans

The lowest members of society here in Australia. They ruin our country by basically living of government money. They usually don't work at all and gain their income from welfare. They also have pretty thick 'strayan' accents which are annoying to listen to. Funny, our old Prime Minister, Julia Gillard actually had a similar accent. lol.

3.) We have no good political parties to vote for (in my opinion).

Both the main two parties, the conservatives (Liberal Party) and the democrats (Labor Party) are liars. Each time they get elected into power none of them fulfil their promised actions before election, mostly. There's also the Green Party who are basically a much more extreme democratic party over Labor, but nobody likes them because they want to give away money literally freely to anyone who walks into our country - legally or illegally.

Edited by Flitter
  • Brohoof 4

I love my country Australia, but I do have pet peeves about it.

1.) The heat is unbearable

Especially in the Summer, temperatures here in Western Sydney reach up to 45 degrees C usually due to us living inside of a giant valley. Heat becomes trapped between the mountains. Instead of being outside I prefer to stay inside with the air conditioner on 0 degrees. x.x

2.) Bogans

The lowest members of society here in Australia. They ruin our country by basically living of government money. They usually don't work at all and gain their income from welfare. They also have pretty thick 'strayan' accents which are annoying to listen to. Funny, our old Prime Minister, Julia Gillard actually had a similar accent. lol.

3.) We have no good political parties to vote for (in my opinion).

Both the main two parties, the conservatives (Liberal Party) and the democrats (Labor Party) are liars. Each time they get elected into power none of them fulfil their promised actions before election, mostly. There's also the Green Party who are basically a much more extreme democratic party over Labor, but nobody likes them because they want to give away money literally freely to anyone who walks into our country - legally or illegally.

What about John Howard? Did you think he did a good job as a former Prime Minister of the country (in your opinion that is)?

• Brohoof 1

What about John Howard? Did you think he did a good job as a former Prime Minister of the country (in your opinion that is)?

I can't really comment on him. When he lost to Kevin Rudd in 2007 I was only 7 years old. I had no clue about politics. Although hearing about what he did, and how he recovered our country from a financial downpoint due to bad decisions by the Labor party, I'd say he was pretty good. 

• Brohoof 1

Living in the UK as I do, I suppose the classic thing to complain about would be the weather. But really, much of the time it's lovely, and most of the rest of the time it's at least tolerable. Like it's mid-winter right now, and even though it's cold (high of 5°C today), it's still sunny and dry. Put a couple of jumpers on and you could almost imagine it's Spring.

Here's a picture I took of the sky outside my house just a few minutes ago. Mid-winter I remind you.

post-30326-0-21093500-1422619972_thumb.jpg

There are plenty of other countries that get battered by hurricanes and tropical typhoons. The worst we usually get is a bit of cold and drizzle, which can be miserable, but not usually dangerous.

Instead I'll complain about UKIP. This is a political party that has in recent years become a popular "protest vote". Most of their voters seem unaware of their anti-progressive, right-wing, and xenophobic stance on most issues. Their approach to health and energy policy is scientifically illiterate. Their approach to social policies is homophobic, Islamophobic, and (I've said it already, but I'll say it again) xenophobic. Their foreign policies are isolationist. Even their choice of colour schemes for their promotional materials is awful.

Other random things:

• the cost of tertiary education
  • the cost of public transport
  • I don't like tea
Edited by Vital Spark
  • Brohoof 4

Russia:

1. Putin (as a person, not a leader)

2. ₽ <- R(o)uble

3. Awful roads in less-developed cities + bad drivers

4. Untapped resources not even being considered for use which could put Russia as a formidable exporter competitor to China

5. American-ism; That is to say, being American in all but paperwork

6. Not enough media production - more movies and music pls

7. Can't see a Gamestop on Google Maps 3D

8. Scams

9. Thugs

10. Military development

USA:

1. Gun violence - from police or otherwise

2. Media

3. Sunny-Day-Government-Blamers (It snowed today. Bet it's them damn gov'ments fault!)

4. Democrats and Republicans

5. Processed Food

6. Exploited resources 

7. Quickness to war

8. Surveillance

9. Military spending

10. Cultural Ignorance

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 5

The fact that most of the people here will listen to someone that sounds smart without questioning it or reviewing what he is saying.

That's why I don't like people who say that they voted for him because he gave good speeches. You know who else gave great speeches? Hitler.
  • Brohoof 2

The United States as a whole, has a culture as self-destructive as Somalia, only we're less blunt about it. The United States teaches and encourages ignorance in all manners. The United States is basically a world leader- which we should have zero of, in my opinion. The United States' self-taught ignorance is damaging to the rest of the world, as much as the affairs of all the rest of the world. I could get into specifics, but if I get too ranty, I'm gonna get a headache. Bugger all with this country, though. 

• Brohoof 3

The amount of greed for oil and egoism that most are blind to.

Disregard for nature and terrible pollution.

The ridiculously unhealthy food we mass advertise and eat daily.

People not worried about unhealthy food or pollution.

Undisciplined teenagers that keep getting worse.

Undisciplined education systems.

We butt into other countries way too often, kinda egoism.

College costs waaaaay too much.

Christian and government brainwash, people believe what they're told.

Lies in the media.

Government lies, scandals, secrets.

Gay marriage isn't legal everywhere based on a christian belief even though were supposed to have freedom of religion.

We think were best at everything though were usually not even close to number one.

I still do like america, but these are things that bother me from time to time.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I live in the US. Where to begin?

Don't get me wrong, I love America. I love the values this country was founded upon. I love the American spirit, the American people, and the ideal American civilization. I love capitalism and freedom. What I hate, however, is what our government has turned into.

To quote a line from Eminem's verse in one of my favorite songs, Rap Game by D12: "I'm all for America, fuck the government."

The kind of people we have in power these days, on both sides of the political spectrum, range from ignorant manchildren to dangerous, evil motherfuckers. I'm ashamed to have Obama as a president, Biden is a fucking joke (and may even be a pedophile or at least a creep, from many videos I've seen of him creeping on people), Mr. Boehner speaker of the house has zero intestinal fortitude, and so on. I disagree with many liberal policies (aside from the fact that I'm 100% for gay rights, and a few other things) and many republicans are too busy trying to be cool and kiss up to the liberals to actually stand up for conservative values. 

But I don't consider myself a conservative either. There's also a lot of republican and/or conservative ideals I disagree with. 

I think the label that'd come the closest to fitting me is moderate. I don't attach myself to any particular system of political ideology. I simply believe and advocate what makes sense. Nothing more, nothing less.

The people we have in government are stupid, dangerous, and self-serving, and as long as this remains the case our country will continue to be slowly destroyed. People on both sides of the political spectrum need to grow up, drop the bullshit, and start doing what's best for the people, not for their own wallets.

• Brohoof 4

[This post is hidden. No offense to anyone, but I am no longer part of the community and no longer wish to be an (active) part of the forums. I treasure the friendships I made along the way. Thank you!]

Edited by CadetGrey

The only thing I dislike about Sweden is how we do everything to not be called racists. There even some people who thinks that singing our national anthem is wrong because people from different countries will feel left out. 

Edited by Yamet
  • Brohoof 1

The Philippines has a crappy preisdent who has been rumored to LAUGH at a son of a slain officer and the education system is honestly a mixed bag for me. Other than that, not much aside from the durians.

The living conditions here are less than great, the damn cold water is torture for me to shower in the morning :( It's generally not a safe place to live, I have to travel by the really rich parts of town to feel a little closer to home (which sucks since Houston was great without being too expensive :P) there's trash and dog poop everywhere, it's always noisy, the people here are quite vulgar and just aren't pleasant to listen to ^_^ Gangs are a problem, you can get hijacked on the bus if you get on at the wrong time......yeah

• 5 weeks later...

The US is a very nice country, but it's not perfect.

What I don't like about it is:

-How ignorant this nation can be on the world and other important matters, especially compared to other developed nations.

-The fact that George W. Bush wax elected twice, and the damage his administration caused.

-Our lack of public transportation and walkability, like in the suburbs.

-Our politicians

-How our ignorance in the world is at its worst when we travel

-How many things that need to be fixed are not really paid attention to

And etc.

I do love this country, and I really hope that these issues get fixed in the future.

• Brohoof 1

I could say a lot of things... Like the amount of sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia, still present in the US culture and laws. As well as the control that Christianity holds over the culture and laws as well.

I want to stop myself because I know that there are places where all of those things are much, much worse... But then again, in the so-called "land of the free", and a nation supposed to have been built on the freedom of religion (speaking of the laws made to enforce Christian beliefs, not the prominence of Christianity, as that is well within freedom of religion) these issues are just flat out inexcusable.

The fact that same-sex marriage is even treated as an 'debate', and was not already legal is enough to drive me up a wall. Same-sex marriage isn't even an issue in any way, shape or form. And I know that once same-sex marriage is (longly overdue) legalized nationwide, the general populice will go on thinking that LGBT rights and cultural acceptance has been 'won', and the more important LGBT issues will fall back to the wayside.

I used to think that it was embarrassing that we hadn't legalized same-sex marriage. Now it just scares me. Now I see how this all works.

It's shit, for a start. We have too much foreign food, no offense, but i'm good with english food too XD I hate curry and we have a curry day at school.

One of the biggest are people not born in the country coming here and trying to tell me to get out, of my own country XD, but if I say something to them it is racist.