Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite breed of dog?

Clover Heart

I love dogs. Let's talk about dogs. What's your favorite breed/s of dog and why?

My favorite for a long time, until recently, was the Italian greyhound.

ItalianGreyhound%20Moment.jpg

The only thing that really bugged me about iggys was that they have short hair, and I prefer dogs with long hair. Then I discovered the long-haired whippet.

apache2005body.jpg.w300h309.jpg

ed2b477f9b063824e796a3d7572cb207.jpg

Longhaired-Whippet-Pictures-3.jpg

Look at how beautiful and majestic they are. They're like more regal miniature borzois. In general, I like sighthounds, especially iggys, whippets and greyhounds.

2797861955705169852hQR85j8c.jpg

I like their personalities, I like their rooing. I love the fact that they're so sight-stimulated. Most dogs don't see a lot of the things we do but sighthounds do. Sight is one of our main forms of interaction with the world, but for dogs, it's usually sound and smell. But with sighthounds, you get a dog that can understand that aspect about human life, and I feel like that makes for a deep, rich connection with them. But the long-haired whippets are by far the most attractive, so it gets them an extra point :3 I'd also heard that they have more gentle personalities than smooth whippets, so even more points! :D

I also like cocker spaniels.

stunning-black-cocker-spaniel-puppy-for-

Spoilers, not my dog.

I have one and she's so awesome. I love her. I like spaniels in general as well. They're always happy and they wanna please you. Spaniels are great. I also love Cavaliers and Springer Spaniels. 

Persi_-_Cavalier_tricolor.jpg

Especially in Prince Charles, aka tricolor.

EnglishSpringerSpan2_wb.jpg

Especially liver (chocolate brown.)

I guess we can do the inverse question, too, if people wanna answer it. What's your least favorite breed of dog and why?

I like dogs so much, I don't really think I have a least favorite. Just ones I'd be less likely to own. Which I think is totally fair. You need to get a dog that you understand, that fits with your lifestyle and that's gonna gel with you. But that doesn't mean I don't like them. If there's one I can say I don't really care much for, it's the vizsla.

vizslasf2.jpg

I used to work at a dog daycare center. Of course, there were nice, well-behaved dogs and annoying little shits of all types. There was just this one vizsla, however, in particular that I did not like. He always wanted to jump on everyone and he was extremely mouthy. He bruised my arm with his bite on multiple occasions. I'm lucky he never drew blood. I know it's not fair to judge all dogs of a breed based on the behavior of just one, but the experience just kinda soured me on vizslas. Though I think if I met a nice vizsla in the future, my opinion would probably change.

Anyway, favorite breeds, least favorite breeds, go.

• Brohoof 2

hmm Tough question but I have to say cocker spaniels cause of the way they look so cute!!! 

and least favourite? great danes why? cause they look way to skinny you know what I mean? I don't like very skinny dogs and the danes heres one of them

• Brohoof 1

Huskies are such beautiful dogs. :fluttershy:  Had I a large enough garden and time to look after one properly I'd certainly love to keep one.

Siberian-husky.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I am gonna be so un-original here but since I have had 3 Staffiture Bull Terriers in my life and still have one now who is nearly 9 years old so yeah I am gonna say Staffies, a very (Sadly nasty looked upon dog breed as it attacks people but only cause of it's bad upbringing and owners) hyper and loving dog breed if raised right and can just like any other dog be a friend for  many years to come.
Love my Staffy heheh.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite breed is rescued!! :D Alright but seriously, I love mutts! They're the best dogs. Almost all of my dogs have been/are mixed breeds. For the sake of this poll I will say that one of my favorite purebred dogs is the Siberian husky. I have admired and loved them since I was a kid and always dreamed of having my own. My dream finally came true about five years ago when I rescued my Wahya, a husky/collie mix! I could care less that she's not purebred, she's absolutely beautiful and has many of the husky traits I fell in love with. I also have a longhair chihuahua, a miniature pinscher/jack russell terrier mix and a beagle. They're all amazing dogs and have made me fall in love with all the breeds that make them up!

Least favorite? I love dogs way too much to have a least favorite.

• Brohoof 1

I could care less that she's not purebred, she's absolutely beautiful and has many of the husky traits I fell in love with.

So... You do care? Just a little? ;)

I love German Shepherds, Italian Greyhounds, Siberian Huskies, English Bull Terriers and Bench-type English Springer Spaniels. Quite a mix.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite is the Bichon Frise. 2 years ago my best friend/bichon died unexpectedly at 8 years old. She was so goofy and smart and wasn't too small to rough house with. Now I have another bichon name Melody who's a year old and she's goofy and smart like my other dog.

Edited by Seeker Dragonheart

Actually, it's best that you don't go with a single breed. The breeding process may result in some very cute puppies, but it also leads to a host of health issues. Mixing the breeds gets rid of these problems, assuming they're tied to recessive genes.

My dog is half boxer, and half something else entirely. He's a little hellraiser when you leave him alone, but he's a smart, caring little puppy who loves people and loves to play.

I actually don't have a single favorite breed.

All breeds of dogs are equally adorable and have their fair share of unique traits.

• Brohoof 1

So... You do care? Just a little?

Haha, let me rephrase that -- I think she's better than a purebred husky because she has the husky traits and the collie traits, makes her unique. :D I love german shepherds too! Wahya has actually been mistaken for a husky/shepherd mix many times which confuses me because I think the collie in her is pretty obvious. Here's my girl:

wahya2.jpg

wahya1.jpg
  • Brohoof 1

Haha, let me rephrase that -- I think she's better than a purebred husky because she has the husky traits and the collie traits, makes her unique. :D I love german shepherds too! Wahya has actually been mistaken for a husky/shepherd mix many times which confuses me because I think the collie in her is pretty obvious. Here's my girl:

img-3474089-1-wahya2.jpg

img-3474089-2-wahya1.jpg

Oh, wow... She is beautiful. I love heterochromatic eyes and everything else about her is amazing too.

• Brohoof 1

Both Siberian Huskies and German Shepards have always been among my favorite dog breeds.  I was actually fortunate enough to recently take in a husky not too long ago too, as my brother was no longer able to take care of him.  He's quite the troublemaker at times, but how can you not love this cute little face ? ^^

post-3181-0-14003800-1423086612_thumb.jpg

Pugs. I know you're supposed to feel sorry for them because of all the over-breeding but I can't help but love that derpy look they have.

Aside from them, though, I like labradors because our dog is one and it's because of that dog I'm no longer afraid of dogs.

• Brohoof 1

Border collies. Not only they're super adorable, but they're also a very smart breed of dog. I also love Whippets and Dalmatians.

On the subject of dogs, there is this Border Collie Mix that can do all kinds of tricks, as seen in the video below. I suggest you check it out, it's pretty brilliant. :D

• Brohoof 1