Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on Midnight Sparkle?

Dawning Demon

Think so, I thought at first it was a part of the glasses

The art they do for this stuff is always god awful, but then the actual movie makes it look (imo) pretty gud, so no need to really worry.

img-3501985-1-aria_image.png

img-3501985-2-the_dazzlings__resources__

I think midnight sparkle is prolly just gunna be evil twilight sparkle like a lot of people think, but I kiind of hope the shadowcolts arent just the evil opposites of the "humane 7"

Personally, I think Disney Princesses market their products better than Hasbro; Disney doesn't mess with the faces of their Princess characters, more sparkling gems on their dresses and they have Mulan and Merida wear the more feminine dress in some of the artwork, yes, but when it comes to the characters' faces, they're more or less unchanged.

As for Midnight Sparkle, I'm not sure what to expect of her role in EQG3. I just know that this story I've had in my mind since October is very likely to be jossed by EQG3.

I think that human world Twilight (born in the human world) will turn into this if she puts on the crown as it kind of looks like Sunset Shimmer demon from EG1.Or it could be a further version of the pony transformations in EG1 and EG2.  

I am going to roll an old 90s "alternate reality persona heel turn" ideal.

Often, at least in western cartoons (ie not anime), we can see several things when a Alternate dimension being is introduced to themselves via...reasons. All I see in my head cannon when looking at this image is thus:

"I am Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship, leader of the Elements of Harmony!"

Ahm..no, I am Twilight Sparkle! (insert nerd cannon)

"Yes..yes you are, of this World! But your interferance in my Friends actions has gone on long far enough! You will know the Power of friendship!"

:Insert arguement, reaction etc etc:

:Dark energies brought from Equestria seep into the jaded heart of humie-Twi, thus transforming her:

:shrug:

I am ok with this, at long as the Dazzlings show up as "Minions"....I NEEEEEEEEED More Adagio in my life!

She looks terrible and sounds bland and unoriginal.

She'll turn out to be pretty decent in the movie.

Everyone will say she's a badly made character.

She'll suddenly receive a massive fan-base straight after the blurip goes public.

Fimfiction will be flooded with her just before and forever after the release.

Thus the cycle continues.

I will wait until I see her in the movie before giving a judgement. If there is one thing I don't like about EqG or even MLP in general is promotional art. It just looks ugly, IMO.

If it's any example, I thought the Dazzling looked MUCH better in the movie than in any of the preceding promotional materials. I have a feeling Midnight Sparkle will be the same.

I might just be a moron but do we even know for sure she's called Midnight Sparkle? Also, do we know she's evil? Maybe this is something human Twilight created using the power of SCIENCE and residual magic or something, and isn't necessarily antagonistic.

If the glasses are anything to go by she's based on human Twilight but I haven't a clue in what way she will be utilized. Given that human Twilight is a scientist, I highly doubt it will have anything to do with the sports thing directly. Maybe it's a power she uses to help the Mane 6 to defeat their opponents in some climactic battle.

• Brohoof 1

I have one opinion.

if she's evil, I hope she get's redeemed like Sunset Shimmer.

I really don't see Alternate Twilight Sparkle as villain unless someone brainwashed her

She could harness left over Equestrian magic and become corrupted.

That's what a few people seem to think.

seems like a good head canon, I mean when we saw her she was recording readings from it.

and if she's all brainy like our Twilight, I'm sure she could figure something out.

• Brohoof 1

Midnight sparkle would be better in my little pony.. not equestria girls.. 

I hope they let the other main five come to Equestria this time and meet their pony selves, or at least let our ponies meet their human selves.

it's not fair that Twilight get's to have all the fun.

(well, Spike too)

Human Pinkie already stuck her head through the portal, I wonder what the heck she saw. xD

I bet she saw herself. :yay:

Edited by Lucky Star

I hope they let the other main five come to Equestria this time and meet their pony selves, or at least let our ponies meet their human selves. it's not fair that Twilight get's to have all the fun. (well, Spike too)

I'm sorry, but i dont think that will happen, i think it has been confirmed that ponies and humans will stay separate (Thank Celestia). Anyway, what i meant was that Midnight Sparkle would have made a better Finale villain, not a EQG villain.   

• Brohoof 1

I might just be a moron but do we even know for sure she's called Midnight Sparkle? Also, do we know she's evil? Maybe this is something human Twilight created using the power of SCIENCE and residual magic or something, and isn't necessarily antagonistic.

If the glasses are anything to go by she's based on human Twilight but I haven't a clue in what way she will be utilized. Given that human Twilight is a scientist, I highly doubt it will have anything to do with the sports thing directly. Maybe it's a power she uses to help the Mane 6 to defeat their opponents in some climactic battle.

That sounds pretty likely. :fluttershy:

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened..... but.

Human Twilight doesn't have an all knowing princess to shove her into friendship like pony Twilight.

what if she uses the residual magic and causes a whole bunch of problems and Pony Twilight has to come and teach her the meaning of friendship.... it would be fun if human Twilight decided to pull a doppelganger and try and take Twilight's place in Equestria.

I want some humans to go to Equestria, dang it. xD

I'm sorry, but i dont think that will happen, i think it has been confirmed that ponies and humans will stay separate (Thank Celestia). Anyway, what i meant was that Midnight Sparkle would have made a better Finale villain, not a EQG villain.   

I KNOW, but it would be nice.

What are your thoughts on this "Midnight Sparkle" character do you think it's a dark and evil Nightmare Moon like version of Human world Twilight or something completely different?

She's apparently going to have a roll in Equestria Girls 3: Friendship Games.

This is her doll art:

img-3501710-1-Midnight-Magic-Twilight.jp

Now lets discuss!

I think this would make a great villain for movie #3. I just hope Equestria Twilight doesn't show her face and if she does, then this movie will be the last we'll ever see of her. We need to let Sunset Shimmer have HER time in the spotlight and spread the magic of friendship around in the human world, including this possible Twilight she-demon...can't wait to see the final fight.

• Brohoof 1

Shoot...Midnight Sparkle could be anything, but she doesn't look all that mean.  Maybe she ends up more of an anti-hero, somehow?  I can't think how exactly offhand, though...it all depends on what the conflict is in EG3.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

HEHEHEHEHEEEE XDDDD, it reminds me of a fic where Trixie is the long lost twin sister of Twilight, and her birth name was Midnight Sparkle  :lol:

Anyway, I like the concept, human Twilight will screw around BIG  :o

Not sure if this has been hypothesised already, but I think Midnight could be a side effect of the 2 Twilights being in the same universe for too long. If that was even slightly possible, we would have Midnight Spike too. :lol: Obviously my idea is rather poor, I'm very interested to find out how they explain her origin. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if this turns out to be an "evil" version of human Twilight Sparkle.. I don't like the thought of that, but who knows if they have a good idea for it. The Equestria Girls movies tends to keep surprising us with good stuff, after all. I'm just a bit afraid of that it will go overboard. I think that the first movie went a bit overboard to be honest, and if Twilight's going to look like this at some point... I fear the same fate for this movie. I'm hoping for the best though, I'll keep trusting the MLP crew.

Not sure if this has been hypothesised already, but I think Midnight could be a side effect of the 2 Twilights being in the same universe for too long. If that was even slightly possible, we would have Midnight Spike too. :lol: Obviously my idea is rather poor, I'm very interested to find out how they explain her origin. 

Well, there's no world if pony Twily will return to the human world. for what I care, Sunset Shimmer will take the role of leader