Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on Midnight Sparkle?

Dawning Demon

She certainly doesn't look that threatening.

Of course, I don't particularly like any of the Mane 6's 'super forms'. All are ridiculously frilly and obnoxious. Even their standard appearances in Equestria Girls are a little silly to me. The show is geared towards a younger market, and for selling merchandise, but every time that seeps in it just irritates me.

A picture of Midnight Sparkle in her box has been published by Amazon:91nHQsPf9LL._SL1500_.jpg

It says she's part of the Shadowbolts, which likely confirms she's the human Twilight Sparkle. Also, look closely at the background, it's rather interesting.

I thought they all ready did. (Luna is the Princess of Night and Darkness and Dreams, and yet is NOT evil)

Yes, princess of the night and dreams, but she doesn't use dark magin on a daily basis and said magic is always portrayed as harmful 

A picture of Midnight Sparkle in her box has been published by Amazon:sig-3987874.91nHQsPf9LL._SL1500_.jpg

It says she's part of the Shadowbolts, which likely confirms she's the human Twilight Sparkle. Also, look closely at the background, it's rather interesting.

She's described as Twi's dark side  :o

• Brohoof 1

I think the possibility of seeing Twilight on the dark side is just too tasty, as we are so used to her being the hero, lesson zero gave us a taste of Twilights scheming side and she is alittle unstable when rubbed the wrong way.

I'm so excited for the movie! :3

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

While this could hint at something really epic that the movie will bring us, I think it's most likely a marketing campaign that Hasbro's using to sound really cool and put people into the "BUY OUR TOYS!" line of thinking. I doubt it'll actually be present.

Also I swear my original persona had that same name XD

You know how Luna turned into Nightmare Moon this is Twilight's Nightmare persona. Sci Twi is gonna get tricked by the nightmare energy somehow and turn into Nightmare Twilight Sparkle aka Midnight Sparkle.  

While this could hint at something really epic that the movie will bring us, I think it's most likely a marketing campaign that Hasbro's using to sound really cool and put people into the "BUY OUR TOYS!" line of thinking. I doubt it'll actually be present.

Also I swear my original persona had that same name XD

yours and many others, I've seen many characters named Midnight Sparkle in pony fics  :lol: . One is Twi's evil past life, and another is a fic were Trixie is Twi's long lost twin sister and her given name was Midnight Sparkle  :o

I think it's a Human Twilight experiment gone wrong. She's transferred to Canterlot High and is experimenting when some of the remaining magical force reacts to her experiment, which changes her. If that's the case, it sounds like one of those things where the antagonist is just someone that's confused and afraid. Not sure how this would work with the plot (haven't learned anything about the movie at all yet), but it sounds like a cool idea to me.

Does anyone remember the "Time to shine" Sunset Shimmer doll? this is what Midnight Twilight reminds me of since the Sunset Shimmer doll had big/bigger wings, and her hairstyle is different then their regular hair. This intrigues me because I never heard of Midnight Twilight until this, I have seen pictures of her before when looking online, I have also seen a Fluttershy version of the "Time to shine" doll. The doll is called "Midnight Magic Twilight" I still wonder if were going to see her in the movie?

Fluttershy-Ponymania-Doll-1.jpg

Sunset-Shimmer-Time-To-Shine-Doll-2.jpg

Xd79gLhFpmE.jpg

Does anyone remember the "Time to shine" Sunset Shimmer doll? this is what Midnight Twilight reminds me of since the Sunset Shimmer doll had big/bigger wings, and her hairstyle is different then their regular hair. This intrigues me because I never heard of Midnight Twilight until this, I have seen pictures of her before when looking online, I have also seen a Fluttershy version of the "Time to shine" doll. The doll is called "Midnight Magic Twilight" I still wonder if were going to see her in the movie?

sig-4023848.Fluttershy-Ponymania-Doll-1.

sig-4023848.Sunset-Shimmer-Time-To-Shine

sig-4023848.Xd79gLhFpmE.jpg

Now that you mention it, I haven't though about what transformation the girls will take to beat Middy  :huh: . They ponied up to blast Demon Sunny, and they ponied up + Rainbow Power something to blast the Dasslers, makes sense for them to transform again  :squee:

• 1 month later...

Well after watching the movie, damn.......more threatening and actually more intimidating even more than Sunset Demon o_O

Gotta admit I was VERY impressed with the final design. MUCH better than the promo art.

• Brohoof 3