Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would the Mane 6 handle military life?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

(Pretty likely I'd imagine, given that Celestia was willing to make her a Princess)

Celestia didn't make Twilight a princess. Celestia met her in "Otherspace" to keep her calm while Twilight ascended to become an Alicorn. Celestia's gentle song was hypnotic in nature to keep Twilight from being frightened as her body changed.

Aside from that, I do think Twilight would fare better as Officer material. I don't see her doing well in boot camp. 

• Brohoof 2

Celestia didn't make Twilight a princess. Celestia met her in "Otherspace" to keep her calm while Twilight ascended to become an Alicorn. Celestia's gentle song was hypnotic in nature to keep Twilight from being frightened as her body changed.

Aside from that, I do think Twilight would fare better as Officer material. I don't see her doing well in boot camp. 

I think what he meant was that Twilight is obviously of higher social status so Celestia would likely commission her.

Dash would probably enjoy it a little too much and end up flying right into an unwinnable dogfight in the heat of battle.

Why do so many assume at least one would die? Yeah, it's war but the question isn't how they would handle war, it's how they would handle "military life." The regular going ons even during peace time.

Formations, mess, saluting, all of that. 

Fluttershy would go one of two ways.  Either she would drop out the first day of boot camp (Most likely)  OR... She'd tap into her assertive side (think the Iron Will episode) and end up as the most ruthless killing machine Equestria had ever seen (It's always the quiet ones, after all).

Again, "military life" =/= war.

Not to mention Fluttershy could be a conscientious objector.

I also find it a bit disrespectful to her character that she wouldn't be able to stand the mental rigors of basic. If even could get through it, anyone could!

• Brohoof 1

I also assumed Celestia wouldn't institute a recruitment program like that unless there was a specific need (i.e. a war).

Although if you want to discount the traditional way we think of the military and warfare,  it just occurred to me that they would likely ALL be placed in the upper echelons,  as they are the Element bearers and thus Equestria's best defense (And I know the elements were returned to the tree, but I haven't gotten past that point yet.  Please don't kill me for this one if I'm wrong.)

Lastly...  the post I made was very tongue in cheek.  It wasn't meant to be taken so seriously... 

• Brohoof 1

I also assumed Celestia wouldn't institute a recruitment program like that unless there was a specific need (i.e. a war).

Although if you want to discount the traditional way we think of the military and warfare,  it just occurred to me that they would likely ALL be placed in the upper echelons,  as they are the Element bearers and thus Equestria's best defense (And I know the elements were returned to the tree, but I haven't gotten past that point yet.  Please don't kill me for this one if I'm wrong.)

Lastly...  the post I made was very tongue in cheek.  It wasn't meant to be taken so seriously... 

Sorry, NLD. Sarcasm and tongue in cheek stuff goes right over my head.

Makes a lot of comedies . . . difficult to get through.

RD and AJ would probably be fine, if not great.

I imagine Pinkie would be crushed by the drill sgt. eventually becoming sad Pinkie forever

Fluttershy probably will crack harder than Private Pyle

img-3509866-1-maxresdefault.jpg

Rarity would probably desert

Twilight would probably be really enthusiastic and try-hard at first, but ultimately would either break or go mad

And this my friends is why this will never be an episode ;)

Edited by LZRD WZRD

RD and AJ would probably be fine, if not great.

I imagine Pinkie would be crushed by the drill sgt. eventually becoming sad Pinkie forever

Fluttershy probably will crack harder than Private Pile

img-3509866-1-maxresdefault.jpg

Rarity would probably desert

Twilight would probably be really enthusiastic and try-hard at first, but ultimately would either break or go mad

And this my friends is why this will never be an episode ;)

Wow, and I thought I had a dismal view of the military life.

Guys, it's tough, but it's not a living Hell!

Good story, but the Ministry Mare life is not what military life is actually like. Take it from a guy who actually lived it!

Actually, I've never even read the fanfic, so don't mind me. xD I was just making a joke lol. But thank you for enlightening me! x3

• Brohoof 1

Actually, I've never even read the fanfic, so don't mind me. xD I was just making a joke lol. But thank you for enlightening me! x3

Sorry. I don't get the joke though. I mean, if you didn't know the context . . .

Whatever. In the story, the Mane Six got promoted to positions called Ministries in which they ran different aspects of Equestria during the Great War. The only two that operated in a direct military capacity was the Ministry of Wartime Technology, run by Applejack and the Ministry of Awesome . . . do I even need to say who ran it? Even then, it was only Rainbow that fought on the front lines.

Yes, the rigors of the war got to them, but they were far from the only ponies to be affected by PTSD. (Called "Wartime Stress Disorder" because they had never seen extended combat stress before the war.) But they sure weren't directly fighting or living in trenches when they started to fall apart.