Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Soul Eater-Themed RP

Venomous

Hey guys! I have decided to make my very first and bery own roleplay. I would like to make a roleplay with the theme of the anime 'Soul Eater'.

I would prefer to have people join who know what 'Soul Eater' is and have seen a good amount of it. This way, there isn't any confusion regarding how this roleplay will go.

It will go like this:

5 or more ponies who have never met are attending DWMA to become weapons/meisters. After meeting, the friends must find and destroy yet another Keishin. 

Please post your OC and what you know about 'Soul Eater'.

Let's talk about weapons and meisters

• Brohoof 2

I'm down for this. 

NAME: Renegade

GENDERMale

SPECIES: Unicorn

PERSONALITY: Renegade is kind, yet bold. He acts before he thinks, which usually gets him in trouble. He has the heart of a hero, and is willing to help anypony.

BACKGROUND: Will be revealed in the RP, cause I'm lazy.

What I know about Soul Eater: It is a series about people who turn into weapons, and people who WIELD these weapons. The series focuses on Soul and Maka as they try to collect 99 souls (and the soul of one witch) after Blair f*cks it all up.

Thanks for the brohoof.

• Brohoof 1

Name: Shiver Timbers 

Weapon form: Enormous Ship Anchor featuring sharp blade like edges and an extendable chain/harness, only can be wielded by those with total soul compatibility

Background: After being shipwrecked and losing his fellow mates to the sea, Shiver decided to join Lord Deaths "crew" 

Appearance: Short and scruffy with lean muscles with a silver coat and copper Mane. He's very small and quick while his weapon form is extremely large and cumbersome

Personality: High spirited and scrappy, known for spouting cheesy pirate lingo. 

Watched the entire anime and read the entire manga, does that count? 

Name: Shiver Timbers 

Weapon form: Enormous Ship Anchor featuring sharp blade like edges and an extendable chain/harness, only can be wielded by those with total soul compatibility

Background: After being shipwrecked and losing his fellow mates to the sea, Shiver decided to join Lord Deaths "crew" 

Appearance: Short and scruffy with lean muscles with a silver coat and copper Mane. He's very small and quick while his weapon form is extremely large and cumbersome

Personality: High spirited and scrappy, known for spouting cheesy pirate lingo. 

Watched the entire anime and read the entire manga, does that count? 

Sure thing! 

I'm down for this. 

NAME: Renegade

GENDERMale

SPECIES: Unicorn

PERSONALITY: Renegade is kind, yet bold. He acts before he thinks, which usually gets him in trouble. He has the heart of a hero, and is willing to help anypony.

BACKGROUND: Will be revealed in the RP, cause I'm lazy.

What I know about Soul Eater: It is a series about people who turn into weapons, and people who WIELD these weapons. The series focuses on Soul and Maka as they try to collect 99 souls (and the soul of one witch) after Blair f*cks it all up.

Thanks for the brohoof.

Sure thing!

*is heard cheering*

Name: "Lobby"

Species: Earth pony

Backstory: After he lost most of his friends from an encounter, lonely, he decides to have a fresh start by joining the academy

Appearance: Has sleek dark red hair, and light brown eyes. He can normally be found wearing a black vest and pants, with a white shirt and a bowler hat.

Personality: He likes using manners, and keeping himself clean and handsome. He is mostly brooding, and gets easily annoyed when he's around cheerful people.

What I know: Almost half way through Soul Eater woooooo! The show is mainly about an academy run by Death himself, There are people who turn into weapons, and people who weld them. A student's main goal is to collect 99 souls and a witch's soul. If they collect any soul but a witch's soul and they have 99 souls, they will have to start all over again.

I'll be back with an OC when I figure one out, but for now, what do I know about Soul Eater? I watched the entirety of the original anime, and I may still decide to watch Soul Eater Not! at some point, even though my friends didn't like it. I guess it would be easier to ask me than for me to list everything I can think of about the series. But... you've got an academy run by Death (who surprisingly is a pretty nice guy) where kids learn to fight Kishins, Kishin eggs, and witches, although full-blown Kishins and witches are both pretty rare, and probably more than any normal student could handle. There are two types of students, weapons and meisters. Weapons literally transform into living weapons, which are then wielded by a meister who can match wavelengths with them. Ideally, they achieve something known as "Soul Resonance" where they amplify each others wavelengths to achieve higher levels of power. Traditionally only one meister and one weapon can be paired together and match wavelengths successfully, although there are some unusual exceptions, such as Stein, who appears in both your avatar and signature. I could probably go on, but I'm going to break down into rambling soon, if I haven't already. I'll be back with an OC later.

Actually, sorry to randomly show up and then leave like this, but I don't think I'll be joining after all. I can't quite explain why, but suddenly I feel like I shouldn't. I apologize for wasting your time.

Wait, I changed my mind again. Or... unchanged it, I guess. I'm just going to stick with a "maybe" for now. We'll see how I feel when I get back from work tonight.

Edited by Alex Kennedy

*is heard cheering*

Name: "Lobby"

Species: Earth pony

Backstory: After he lost most of his friends from an encounter, lonely, he decides to have a fresh start by joining the academy

Appearance: Has sleek dark red hair, and light brown eyes. He can normally be found wearing a black vest and pants, with a white shirt and a bowler hat.

Personality: He likes using manners, and keeping himself clean and handsome. He is mostly brooding, and gets easily annoyed when he's around cheerful people.

What I know: Almost half way through Soul Eater woooooo! The show is mainly about an academy run by Death himself, There are people who turn into weapons, and people who weld them. A student's main goal is to collect 99 souls and a witch's soul. If they collect any soul but a witch's soul and they have 99 souls, they will have to start all over again.

Sure thing!

This should be fun... Sure, why not. I'll give it a try! As always, I shall be using my OC-slash-ponysona, Lume Greenpark.

And what I know about Soul Eater?... Well, I did watch the whole series (something I rarely do, actually... watch an entire series), and I really love it! It's about an academy that trains young, gifted heroes on how to control their powers - which is transforming into weapons - and also teaches other students how to wield such weapons. There are some evil organizations planning to take down the academy or something like that, it's been a while since I last watched it to be honest... But I am very familiar with its concept! :3

By the way... Will we be deciding later about the weapons and the meisters?

Edited by Lume WMj

This should be fun... Sure, why not. I'll give it a try! As always, I shall be using my OC-slash-ponysona, Lume Greenpark.

And what I know about Soul Eater?... Well, I did watch the whole series (something I rarely do, actually... watch an entire series), and I really love it! It's about an academy that trains young, gifted heroes on how to control their powers - which is transforming into weapons - and also teaches other students how to wield such weapons. There are some evil organizations planning to take down the academy or something like that, it's been a while since I last watched it to be honest... But I am very familiar with its concept! :3

By the way... Will we be deciding later about the weapons and the meisters?

Yes! We will be deciding that.

By the way... Welcome!

• Brohoof 1

Alright, I'm tired of debating this, so I'm just going to go for it. I'll be using Big Thunder, mostly just because it's been ages since I got a chance to use him. I already tried to display my knowledge of Soul Eater above, but I suppose I could provide more if asked. And if you need more information or more of a proper character sheet for Big Thunder, I can certainly provide them.

Right now, seems like we have 6 players, assuming the DM is also going to participate as a student. That'd give us 3 weapons and 3 meisters to work with. If we're planning on starting soon, we should voice our preferences here and decide who's who~

I have one more question, though... This'll take place in the Soul Eater universe, right? With Death City in Nevada and all of that, only ponified? If so, I might need to change a few things in my OC's backstory for this RP...

Right now, seems like we have 6 players, assuming the DM is also going to participate as a student. That'd give us 3 weapons and 3 meisters to work with. If we're planning on starting soon, we should voice our preferences here and decide who's who~

We all do not necessarily need to pair up right away. Personally I'm more into the idea of roleplaying becoming a team or finding who to pair up with, like if they're a new student or something. That's just me though. 

• Brohoof 2

If I can still join. I'll use blaze (personality and stuff will be revealed in the rp if possible. I'm lazy :P).

Now for what I know about soul eater...

The story focuses on a group of seven characters. 4 of which are weapons and the other three being meisters.

The main pair are Soul and Maka who are the most powerful of the group (well not at first but later on) and they tend to have arguments but work them out fairly quickly.

Then there is Black star. An arrogant, occasionally obnoxious kid with an ego the size of a supernova :P but still very strong and great at hand to hand combat. His partner Tsubaki can put up with his reckless behaviour and they became great partners.

Finally there is Death the kid. A symmetry obsessed. Child of death himself. Who is extremely powerful and wields Liz and patty as dual wield pistols. Liz and patty were found on the streets by kid and they eventually made a great team. But kid cannot stand mess... At all.

Then you get death. The leader of the DWMA. He's very silly and a funny guy and pretty much no none can take him seriously. Until he gets serious and in that case you can start to get afraid...

There is proffessor stein who is the most affected by the Keishans madness and loves to dissect things. A lot. He's the strongest meister at the DWMA and use to be partners with Makas father who now works with death as the only death scythe who is actually a scythe.

There is more characters but can't be bothered to go over them. Especially Excalibur. He's just. Ugh...

But the story focuses on Maka and Souls training and them defeating ever more powerful enemies and eventully defeating arachnophobia, defeating the keishan with a fist and just generally saving the world. She's also one of the only meisters to perform the move "keishan hunter" even if it was by accident. Not to mention she defeated medusa and saved krona and miss Mari.

Did I go too far with saying what I knew? :P I just wanted to say almost everything since I've watched it through twice...

This is also probably the longest post ive ever made...

We all do not necessarily need to pair up right away. Personally I'm more into the idea of roleplaying becoming a team or finding who to pair up with, like if they're a new student or something. That's just me though. 

I didn't say everyone should pair up right away - I just said that we should post our preferences of whether we want to be weapons or meisters, so that once we start the RP it won't be confusing. But yes, I also think we should pick our partners along with the course of the story. Wouldn't be fun otherwise~

You guys can all join.

No more people can join now.

Let's talk about meisters and weapons.

My OC does not have a weapon. Would anyone like to be hers?

If there's still some room left, I would like to join as http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/luna-flower-r2918 and if you want me to change anything about it I will, and I've watched all of Soul Eater and planing on reading the manga.

Welcome aboard my dear.

If I can still join. I'll use blaze (personality and stuff will be revealed in the rp if possible. I'm lazy :P).
Now for what I know about soul eater...
The story focuses on a group of seven characters. 4 of which are weapons and the other three being meisters.
The main pair are Soul and Maka who are the most powerful of the group (well not at first but later on) and they tend to have arguments but work them out fairly quickly.
Then there is Black star. An arrogant, occasionally obnoxious kid with an ego the size of a supernova :P but still very strong and great at hand to hand combat. His partner Tsubaki can put up with his reckless behaviour and they became great partners.
Finally there is Death the kid. A symmetry obsessed. Child of death himself. Who is extremely powerful and wields Liz and patty as dual wield pistols. Liz and patty were found on the streets by kid and they eventually made a great team. But kid cannot stand mess... At all.
Then you get death. The leader of the DWMA. He's very silly and a funny guy and pretty much no none can take him seriously. Until he gets serious and in that case you can start to get afraid...
There is proffessor stein who is the most affected by the Keishans madness and loves to dissect things. A lot. He's the strongest meister at the DWMA and use to be partners with Makas father who now works with death as the only death scythe who is actually a scythe.
There is more characters but can't be bothered to go over them. Especially Excalibur. He's just. Ugh...
But the story focuses on Maka and Souls training and them defeating ever more powerful enemies and eventully defeating arachnophobia, defeating the keishan with a fist and just generally saving the world. She's also one of the only meisters to perform the move "keishan hunter" even if it was by accident. Not to mention she defeated medusa and saved krona and miss Mari.
Did I go too far with saying what I knew? :P I just wanted to say almost everything since I've watched it through twice...
This is also probably the longest post ive ever made...

Hi there!

Welcome to the RP.

Now I think we have 5 people, are we going to discuss who's the meisters and who's their weapons?

Yes, let us discuss that.

Alright, I'm tired of debating this, so I'm just going to go for it. I'll be using Big Thunder, mostly just because it's been ages since I got a chance to use him. I already tried to display my knowledge of Soul Eater above, but I suppose I could provide more if asked. And if you need more information or more of a proper character sheet for Big Thunder, I can certainly provide them.

Welcome aboard, Alex :)

Oh and if blaze was to be a weapon. She would most likely be a flamethrower (use the energy of the soul wavelength to generate a vast amount of heat).

Blaze is your main OC?

Yes. She is. Wasn't my first but I use her as my main one .

Okay! She can be my weapon.

How should their soul resonance look?