Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

School board

BlinkZ

So if Celestia is a princaple then who gives her orders.  I"m assuming this high-school is run by some sort of school board like every other Highschool.

So who do you think would be on this School board?  I like to think it would be Candace cause well why not.

"oh yes we had this gaint fight with magic rainbows and demons and need money to repair the school."
"Celestia are you sure you aren't high or something."

• Brohoof 2

That's a fairly good point, but it may also be prudent to think of world of EqD in ways not related to our own conception of Earth. I don't know if this is out of base or not, but is possible that some sort of magic is present in that world. The way Principal Celestia gave Twilight the crown at the end of the first movie indicates (to me, anyway) some familiarity with it, so...

...yeah. Take it for what it is worth. :)

Your assumption is based off the the status quo of our society but that may be giving the films more thought than they deserve.

Equestria Girls was created by Hasbro for the primary purpose of establishing a doll line from one of their already established franchises for preteen girls that could compete with Mattel's(primary competitor in the market) 'Monster High' and 'Ever After High'. It was and essentially still is a quick cash grab despite gradually gaining more acceptance from the fan base and their target audience. Not to say that MLP isn't a commercial line either, only that the basis of EqG is the reason for the relatively nonexistent world building or expansion.

I thought of it as a private school owned by Celestia and her sister.

Interesting interpretation. Certainly one that would largely remove the need for more senior officials and thus instilling the two as the central authority figures even more. I personally think this should be considered the default theory until more is revealed about the inner workings of EG. 

• Brohoof 1

Your assumption is based off the the status quo of our society but that may be giving the films more thought than they deserve.

Equestria Girls was created by Hasbro for the primary purpose of establishing a doll line from one of their already established franchises for preteen girls that could compete with Mattel's(primary competitor in the market) 'Monster High' and 'Ever After High'. It was and essentially still is a quick cash grab despite gradually gaining more acceptance from the fan base and their target audience. Not to say that MLP isn't a commercial line either, only that the basis of EqG is the reason for the relatively nonexistent world building or expansion.

Interesting interpretation. Certainly one that would largely remove the need for more senior officials and thus instilling the two as the central authority figures even more. I personally think this should be considered the default theory until more is revealed about the inner workings of EG. 

I'm glad you like my theory. I often think the world would be a better place if more people defaulted to me!

:lol:

Equestria Girls is extremely well known for having infinite loopholes, so most of the stuff that happens in it is completely unexplainable.

"oh yes we had this gaint fight with magic rainbows and demons and need money to repair the school."

"Celestia are you sure you aren't high or something."

ALL MY YES TO THAT 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Maybe it's in a foreign country that doesn't operate w/ school boards? Maybe it's a private school as mentioned. Maybe it's some other religions equivalent to a catholic school. Maybe a school for Pagans & Wiccans? Maybe something like a rastafarian school. Maybe that's why no one was freaked out about demons and magical girl transformations. There used to it from smokin all that gange.