Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Anyone remember Unsolved Mysteries(Robert Stack)?

TheMarkz0ne

I am so pumped this week, because I purchased EVERY SINGLE episode of Unsolved Mysteries. I even got the NBC specials before season 1 came out. So this guy on CL ripped every season and the origin specials from his VHS into MP4s. Now I have it measured at 240GBs. There are over 700 episodes and as a kid, I grew up watching it in the 99-2001 time period. During this time, the show was all over the place and episodes were hard to find.

I am grateful to finally get the oldest episodes possible. This show still creeps me out and I keep the lights on still. But Robert Stack is the man, his voice should be used for all camp fire stories and I think he should have done more voice work. Imagine Stack in MLP? LOL.

Also these eps were a steal. I got the entire franchise for $60. The DVD set is rare and it doesn't have the specials to my knowledge. It doesn't even have the very first first episode of UM. Before Stack came and was the official host. Raymond Burr did the original pilot before we had the famous opening sequence. Burr still had the original theme song though.

Oh, I loved that show as a kid!  I always love these kind of shows, though if I remember correctly Unsolved Mysteries was unique in that it actually led to some cases being solved, like a criminal on the run just happens to watch the episode about him or an amnesiac man is reunited with his wife after he sees himself on an episode.