Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Discovery Family actually been advertising Season 5?

TheMisterManGuy

I hardly watch Discovery Family, but I noticed that none of the Season 5 trailers actually show the channel's logo, nor do they acknowledge the network at all. Could Hasbro be planning a Channel Hop?

Edited by TheMisterManGuy
  • Brohoof 1

It's really biggest clusterf :yay:  in the history of clusterf :yay: s.

The trailers say Spring 2015, but then at the same time, the directors don't even know a release date, when asked at last weeks Ponycon and Transformers has also jumped ship to Cartoon Network, so they could get more viewers.

At this point, no one knows what is happening, except Hasbro.

• Brohoof 3

It's really biggest clusterf :yay:  in the history of clusterf :yay: s.

The trailers say Spring 2015, but then at the same time, the directors don't even know a release date, when asked at last weeks Ponycon and Transformers has also jumped ship to Cartoon Network, so they could get more viewers.

At this point, no one knows what is happening, except Hasbro.

Considering Hasbro has been very quiet about Discovery Family's future, I suspect they're planning to take their buisness elsewhere. Boomerang perhaps?

Discovery Family is still premiering season 5. It's been said in articles made before now, even at least one from last year. They'll start advertising season 5 on the network when it gets closer to when they'll actually premiere it.

And people working on the show's production don't get memos or most anything about stuff like when the show will air. They only need to know if what they're making will be accepted by the network, and otherwise just focus on making the episodes while the network focuses on when they choose to air the episodes.

• Brohoof 1

From what I gather they are going to run at least season five on Discovery Family. Discovery Family has been running two to three hours of pony reruns a day. With how popular it is I wouldn't be surprised if other channels are making offerings to run it as well.

Hello, I just became a member maybe about a half an hour ago, and if anybody could help me get to know this place better it would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome, how can I be of assistance?

Welcome, how can I be of assistance?

Well I would just like to know a bit more about the forum if that's ok. Also what is the role play site about? Sorry if this is off topic and all. Other than that I'll try to figure out everything else out myself. Thank you very much for helping me out. Also nice avatar pic.

They better start. It's becoming increasingly apparent that Disc-Fam is turning into an epic fail, so they need Ponies now more than ever!

I don't want it as much since they changed, but on the occasions I do I'll keep an eye out.

Considering Hasbro has been very quiet about Discovery Family's future, I suspect they're planning to take their buisness elsewhere. Boomerang perhaps?

You know things are bad when the company the helped start the network is preparing to abandon ship... :(

A bad deal with Cartoon Network when they wanted creative control over Transformers then cancelled the show is why Hasbro decided to make the Hub in the first place. They are worried if they put ponies on Cartoon Network they might try to get creative control again and then cancel the show mid season if they don't get it. Besides, I doubt they will run two hours of pony a day.  :P

You know things are bad when the company the helped start the network is preparing to abandon ship... :(

They didn't start the network. They bought some of the share from Discovery, but ended up recently selling a bit of their share back (I think it's now 40-60 instead of 50-50 now).

Hello, I just became a member maybe about a half an hour ago, and if anybody could help me get to know this place better it would be greatly appreciated.

If you need any help I would be happy to answer any question you have in a private message.

(also, this probably isn't the best place to ask. it's a good idea to stay on topic)

have you been to the welcoming plaza yet?

I sure hope they don't jump channels again, I mean the death of the hub freaked me out enough.

I had all these worries about the show changing for the worse....

I think they're not advertizing because it's too early still.

If ponies moves to CN, I'm probably going to end up out of the fandom if I can't watch it legally. My cable company makes you updgrade to another package to get Cartoon Network. Not only do I not care for ANY of the other channels in it, but it's a huge waste of money to upgrade packages just for one channel. Same reason I can't watch Pokémon anymore.

I have this discontinued cheaper package that has a bunch of secondary channels at a nice price. Discovery, Nicktoons, Teen Nick, Disney XD being among them.

Edited by bronislav84

Cartoon Network is pretty shit nowadays in england. I think id just prefer discovery kids back so I can watch that mystery thing with the woman and that guy, and doubting dave. :P

Im fine with watching new episodes online.

I think Hasbro branching out would be a good thing given Transformers has been on CN before over

the years and it might be good for CN to have a few more girly shows on!   Would make money for

both of em but also doing a online stream would also hit a wider market given the "bronies" thing!

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys, just a little question related to the channel topic. Does anyone know what the best channel in Ohio to watch season 5? Cause if DF stops airing i will be screwed, thanks! :icwudt:

Edited by Midnight_Luna

Hey guys, just a little question related to the channel topic. Does anyone know what the best channel in Ohio to watch season 5? Cause if DF stops airing i will be screwed, thanks! :icwudt:

DF is the only channel in the US that's going to be airing it.

Think it's gonna be delayed to Fall 2015...I think right?

No, it's not going to be delayed that long. As far as we know, it hasn't even been delayed at all yet.

I highly doubt that, especially since Discovery Family is still airing new episodes of "Littlest Pet Shop" and "Transformers: Rescue Bots." As one user said already, they'll probably start advertising in a couple of weeks.

I highly doubt that, especially since Discovery Family is still airing new episodes of "Littlest Pet Shop" and "Transformers: Rescue Bots." As one user said already, they'll probably start advertising in a couple of weeks.

In LPS and Rescue Bots case, that's probably just to burn-off their remaining seasons.

In LPS and Rescue Bots case, that's probably just to burn-off their remaining seasons.

I certainly hope not, as I would love to see more seasons of "LPS."

EDIT: From the looks of it, it seems as if we'll be getting a fourth season of "LPS."

Edited by smitty121325

• 3 months later...