Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler EQG 3 really reminds me of something...

~Sassy Dashie~

do you think the new movie will be simmiler to the Hunger Games?  

12 users have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Not likely
    • Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

From some information on this website:  http://www.mlpmerch.com/

The new Equestria Girls movie reminds me of the Hunger Games.

Why?

They have bows, it's called "Friendship Games" and more things.

They have made references to movies and things in the show itself, but I think this is going to be more then a reference...

Let me hear your thoughts!

Edited by ~Sassy Dashie~

This sounds incredibly stupid, and if it IS actually "The Friendship Games," I will have even more reasons to hate EQG.

I think Rainbow rocks was okay, and the first movie was too...boring.

But I agree, they are really screwing up.

There's been rumors saying that Hasbro's "Nerf Rebelle" has might have a role in the concept in EQ3...and last I heard, Nerf Rebelle had some inspiration from "Hunger Games"

• Brohoof 1

There's been rumors saying that Hasbro's "Nerf Rebelle" has might have a role in the concept in EQ3...and last I heard, Nerf Rebelle had some inspiration from "Hunger Games"

That's some useful and interesting information.

I'm not sure if I should be excited or scared for the movie XD

• 2 weeks later...

From some information on this website:  http://www.mlpmerch.com/

The new Equestria Girls movie reminds me of the Hunger Games.

Why?

They have bows, it's called "Friendship Games" and more things.

They have made references to movies and things in the show itself, but I think this is going to be more then a reference...

Let me hear your thoughts!

well, eqg has stepped in the right direction with rainbow rocks. by that i mean it didn't feel like another magical mystery cure(meaning they told a two episode story in one episode, making it feel rushed with all the music). the music had a valid point in the story and sunset shimmer became likable and properly reformed (and we now have a reason to hate flash sentry, if you are wondering what that reason is, watch the movie). if they do it right, it could work. they seem to be learning from past episodes and eqg 1. i will wait and see.

I really don't think so. Hunger Games and MLP don't mix too well.

the book was decent, the movie didn't follow the main traits in the characters of the book. mockingjay was a step in the right direction (cough revolution cough)

if they do follow any traits from the hunger games, human discord should be the villain.

I voted no, for a few reasons. 

While I both understand and totally respect media cross overs/copying, etc. I look at something like a sports/band/media competition as far less then tweens killing one another because bad government.

More over, the Hunger games are fine books and semi-ok films. But EVERYTHING about EQ girls is 11/10. From the slow burn that was EQ1, the best Villians in the series introduced in RR and with 3 on the way lets get some feels!

:shrug: But hey, im biast.

P.s. This not a Troll post against those that DO love Hunger Games. Just not a fan.

Of course not. Equestria Girls has only had the high school movie cliches so far. A sports competition is just another they are adding. We've already had a battle of the bands and formal/prom story, this is all that's missing.

Not saying it's a bad thing. I mean, I liked both Equestria Girls movies still.

(edited)

I have not watched the second one, (supposedly it wasn't half bad), and the first one was really bad. I don't care an awful lot about EQG 3 honestly, or at all.

The third one's title sounds like a ripoff of an episode...

Edited by TwillyFSniper
  • Brohoof 1

I have not watched the second one, (supposedly it wasn't half bad), and the first one was really bad. I don't care an awful lot about EQG 3 honestly, or at all.

The third one's title sounds like a ripoff of an episode...

Friendship games... Equestria games.... holy crap, you're right. I would have never noticed unless you pointed it out.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I saw some EG3 nerf bows  :huh: