Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Your Least Favorite YouTuber?

~Sassy Dashie~

You know, it's alright to dislike someone but at least do them the basic kindness of actually knowing why you dislike them, as opposed to just jumping on some bandwagon. Unsurprisingly, there is a whole lot of hate in here for Felix Kjellberg aka PewDiePie. I personally don't care for his channel myself, but I recognize all of the good Felix has done. I see words like "con artist" being thrown around, and I don't think those people quite understand that "PewDiePie" is nothing more than a character persona and that the person behind that persona, Felix, has actually done a lot of commendable things over the years. He has raised millions of dollars for various charities, for instance. He is also an extremely significant influence in the indie game market. Had it not been for Felix/PewDiePie, Amnesia: The Dark Descent may never have been as popular as it is today. So again, it's fine to dislike someone. Just make sure your reasoning is sound.

Yeahhhhh....a lot of people don't seem to want to pay attention to the good he puts in, sadly.

A lot of indie game retailers send their games to him and he usually puts a video of him playing them on his channel without charging them, and that gives the smaller guys a good source of free advertising and a much better shot up against those big AAA companies. Also, like you brought up, he gives a lot of money to charity and runs all sorts of fundraisers and events specifically for charity. He's also pretty good to his fans, and I can't really blame him for doing things like disabling comments and whatnot when a good portion of the comments were just people trying to be assholes to him. He does a lot of fan reachouts for a YTer of his notieriety :) He's not a bad guy at all, and while I can certainly see why some people wouldn't enjoy his brand of humor, I don't get the allegations of him being a horrible person very much :huh: The slightest bit of research can disprove that easily :D

Anyway, on-topic post...

I don't "hate" any YTer specifically because I find them to be extremely easy to ignore if you don't like their product. It's like seeing a show on TV you're not particularly fond of - "Oh, this show, I'm going to watch something else." and then you proceed to flip the channel onto something you enjoy :lol: 

That being said, I have a love-hate relationship with WatchMojo. I watch a lot of their Top 10 videos, but they irritate me by being so repititive and bias in their listings. For the life of me, I can't grasp why a Mario game is among the all time great voice acting performances in any videogame ever. They put Mario and Zelda on every videogame list that they apply for - so the only ones they don't make it on are the ones that the rules prevent them from being on, which are very few. That is extremely bothersome as I know for a fact that there are more deserving candidates that are being ignored for those two to be placed in every list applicable.

• Brohoof 2

Well I have 2 that are tied but I dislike them for very different reasons

1) Pewdiepie - He's just annoying in my eyes. I can't stand him and sorry some of his fans (Not all of them) are even worse.

2) Yogscast - They never finish anything they start! ever! Not even the game they got funded.

DSPgaming because he's kind of a huge asshole and he'll blame the game for being bad when in reality he really sucks at them(which happens a lot)

• Brohoof 2

I have much disdain for some Youtuber's nowadays. Keep in mind, these are just my opinions. If you enjoy what I don't, then that's fine.

-PewDiePie; I find him to be obnoxious, nothing he does is particularly special in anyway which makes me wonder why he even is popular at all, and he doesn't seem to show any real appreciation for gaming. It is more of a lucrative business for him now. Just sit back, play some games, record yourself doing it and watch the money fall from the sky. Ugh. He even got a massive spotlight on South Park. I really don't see what makes him deserving of that. In my opinion, he does not deserve his popularity or fame in the slightest.

-Markiplier: Same sort of deal as Pewds but not AS bad. While his general personality seems nice, his 'character' is...ugh. Over acting, annoying noises, and constantly promoting mediocre games really soured me on the channel. I was subscribed to him for a long while before too. Playing games is now more of a lucrative business for him too.

-Yamimash; Same as the first two. I actually like some Let's Players, I have nothing against it at all, but these 3 in particular are examples of, in my opinion, it going in a terrible direction. Which that is a terrible shame. So I don't like any Let's Player that is like the above 3.

Those are 3 of my least favorites, I know I have more but my mind is not in thinking mode at the moment. :P Ironically the 3 I immediately thought of first all fall in the same category.

Again, just my personal opinion.

Sorta knew this would turn into a Pewds hate fest. 

For those who seem to despise him as a human being, here you go

Is his vids annoying? Sure. Does he know it. Yup. Does he use the position he has to help people? Yes. 

--------------------

As for MY least favorite Youtuber, that would have to go to this guy right here

Toby-Turner-1.jpg

I used to like this man, I used to follow his content. He was funny and he seemed to care about what he was doing and put actual effort into it. That was a long time ago. Now he has practically scammed his "audience" with a mobile game I'm pretty sure he has still not delivered on, he exploited the death of Robin Williams to make a quick buck crying about it and monetizing the video, his content became lack luster and unfunny, and just recently he had the gull to post a video with no sound in it and just said "hey, try to find something funny in this" instead of rerecording a flipping TEN MINUTE VIDEO.

Here's the proof

And if his crappy ass content weren't enough, he just slaps them together in a different order and calls it a "best of" so he can get money off of the same content again. 

Oh and this Mobile game had a lot of backing too, he got way more than his estimated budget and he still has nothing to show for it. He did a kickstarter for it and everything, but I'm thinking he's putting it off because he's just a scam artist who doesn't give a shit. 

Hate on Pewds all you want, but Tobuscus is way worse of a human being than he'll ever be. 

• Brohoof 3

CinemaSins or any parody of CinemaSins. No matter how many shitty videos are on YouTube...NONE are worse than anything related to CinemaSins. Not. One.

DSPgaming because he's kind of a huge asshole and he'll blame the game for being bad when in reality he really sucks at them(which happens a lot)

To be quite honest that's a lot of the reason I find DSP funny...sometimes, anyway. He's a wanker, though, yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Firstly I'd like to make my contribution and say that I just hate TwoSyncFifa. I've watched their videos and it's just basically:

"Hey, Mat?"

"What?"

"You're a knobhead"

"But I'm better at Fifa"

"But I packed Ronaldo"

For every video...

Secondly, I'd like to comment on the situation of everyone hating on PewDiePie. I have to admit, he isn't my favourite YouTuber, but I feel that on his channel there are moments where he isn't playing as "PewDiePie" but as Felix Kjellberg himself. I feel that PewDiePie is his character, and in some videos he is just Felix, and they are the videos by him that I like. I do recall about a year ago he was constantly not being funny, but now I think he's got it back now and I like him more than I did. :)

• Brohoof 2

Well I'm gonna be cliched and say PewDiePie. I never got why he's such a big deal. I can think of several other lets players that came before him that did his job and bit better.

Gligar13Vids: His reviews feel more like complaining about minor things than reviews. Not too mention that his review on the MLP app was another generic brony rant in disguise. He's also very manipulative with his viewers. He purposely gives negative reviews on popular games just so he can get the negative attention so he can have a partnership. Yeah, he gets paid to be a douche bag.

Go Animate videos: Most of these videos look like they're made by 10 year olds who think they're creative when they're not. There are the videos that are just about kids getting grounded, which they edit so it's like a character they hate or a user they don't like getting grounded. And if you give some of these kids any form of criticism, they will say that they "grounded you." Since when can you ground someone on the internet? Oh, and there are also the 5 billion Total Drama knockoffs where it's just Total Drama, but with their favorite cartoon characters. 

I haven't seen PewDiePie so I don't know about him but I agree with Gligar13Vids. He's an absolute troll and calls most good games bad and gives negative reviews.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I'm proud to say that GoAnimate videos that are actually made with effort do exist.

https://youtu.be/apmKlvgG9K4

Anyways, I don't have a least favorite YouTuber. Sure, Pewdiepie is annoying as hell, but I respect him.

As for MY least favorite Youtuber, that would have to go to this guy right here

img-3532717-1-Toby-Turner-1.jpg

I used to like this man, I used to follow his content. He was funny and he seemed to care about what he was doing and put actual effort into it. That was a long time ago. Now he has practically scammed his "audience" with a mobile game I'm pretty sure he has still not delivered on, he exploited the death of Robin Williams to make a quick buck crying about it and monetizing the video, his content became lack luster and unfunny, and just recently he had the gull to post a video with no sound in it and just said "hey, try to find something funny in this" instead of rerecording a flipping TEN MINUTE VIDEO.

Here's the proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuAbzYmOyPw

And if his crappy ass content weren't enough, he just slaps them together in a different order and calls it a "best of" so he can get money off of the same content again. 

Oh and this Mobile game had a lot of backing too, he got way more than his estimated budget and he still has nothing to show for it. He did a kickstarter for it and everything, but I'm thinking he's putting it off because he's just a scam artist who doesn't give a shit. 

Hate on Pewds all you want, but Tobuscus is way worse of a human being than he'll ever be.

Wow. I never knew any of that about Tobuscus. He used to be one of my favorite YouTubers, but now I don't even know.

I don't really like Markiplier anymore.

Let me just explain why first.

Markiplier, back when I was watching him, wasn't that long ago.

He constantly did indie horror games, sometimes did a major horror series titles, and a mini game once and a while.

When he began playing FNAF I began watching him and enjoyed most of his videos.

But over time I just got bored of his series and waited till he was done with the 3rd FNAF title.

Then... he began playing FNAF spin-off games.

Really?

Are you serious?

And when he wasn't playing any of spin-offs, he would just play little minigames that weren't even horror games at all.

This went on for so long I couldn't take it anymore and unsubscribed to him.

Haven't gone back since.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I found my least favorite Youtuber. It's Super Minecraft Kid.

If you don't know about him, basically all his videos consist of are him screaming about how Minecraft and FNAF are the best games of all times and anyone who doesn't like them are idiots and him swearing off the top of his head as if he just learned what swear words are. Oh, and his rather terrible covers of FNAF songs.

• Brohoof 3

HowToBasic. It's not like I hate the guy (I'm subscribed to him for goodness' sake) but his videos-- despite how much I love them-- just kill me a bit. I mean... look at this:

It just makes me so uncomfortable

• Brohoof 1

While I can recognize all the work he puts into his videos, I just cannot stand PewDiePie. I'm also not a huge fan of skyedoesminecraft, he just rubs me the wrong way.

• Brohoof 1

I've never really given this much thought, because I barely watch a lot of YouTubers that don't interest me.

However, there is this one guy I can't stand called Kphoria. He makes videos of Sonic characters getting eaten and they all look pretty much the same. I've intentionally neglected to link a video because they're that bad.

To be honest, PewDiePie right now. I used to love his old videos when he used to put effort into them and not ALWAYS scream into the microphone and curse. Now he puts dumb stuff out that is like 5 minutes long. Also, during that five minutes he is ONLY cursing and screaming. It is so annoying. :/ He doesn't even seem to love his fans as much now. I think all this fame has gone to his head to be honest.