Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Silent Hill - Pony RP

KlutsyDraconequus

I have an idea for a RP that will be roughly based on the silent hill series with ponies with the creative aspect from the players themselves. I am taking applications for members as well as a right hand pony willing to help me plan out events, plot, so on and so forth. As for the time being, I am going to set up the application for the RP below. Note that I work 55-60 hours a week so I am also recruiting a pony to help me manage the RP in my absence. If you are interested, just send me a PM with your survival/horror gaming knowledge and background, otherwise just follow my guidelines as well as the site's guildlines regarding what is safe to post and what isn't.

This is my general conception for the RP.

1. You can not kill the monsters, only evade or stun them.

2. There will be a horn that will be controlled by the RP GM (either me or the other pony.)

3. No otherwise invincible characters, you must have strengths as well as weaknesses.

4. Violence toward other players is allowed if you wish to pursue that route, just know you are now dealing with the environment as well as that player/faction. Also if your character dies, it is gone forever.

5. I am not going to kick you out for having bad grammar, but basic knowledge of the English Language is politely requested (especially if you want to help me moderate this RP!)

6. I am looking for 5-6 players (including me and the assistant GM.)

Character Application

Name:

Type: (Most species in Equestria are allowed, just send a request if you want to be something more unique.)

Appearance:

Cutie Mark:

Abilities associated with cutie mark:

Strengths:

Weakness:

Back Story: (You don't need a ten-page report but make it decent so I know the basic background of your character.)

Available Spots:

1. Jack - Sriracha

2. Shadowknight - The Shadow Stallion

3. Dyna Mite - JonasDarkmane (Assistant GM)

4. Tempest Shift - Sylveon The Pink

The RP is now up!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/122607-silent-hill-pony-rp/

Edited by Sriracha

Are you watching Silent Hill:Revelations too right now? XD It just came on like 1 hour ago and have been watching it. Saw this and went... what a coincidence o.o

Are Alicorns allowed? (Please .3.)

And what kind of History would be involved with this RP? We talking if Silent Hill took place in Equestria or what? .3.

This will be my character so you all have something to base your character's from.

Name: Jack

Type: Earth Pony

Appearance: A pony with greenish, almost sick skin, and a black unkempt mane. He wears a torn, dirtied trench coat with a fedora that has definitely seen better days. He has scaring on his body and face but most of it is covered by the coat. The scaring on his face comprises of a slash across his left eye like a knife was cut down his face. It goes past his eye, giving it a look of a gruesome experience. The scars on his body are the same in the context of a incision gone horribly wrong. It is public speculation that his ruined eye even works at all.  

Cutie Mark: A skull of a pony.

Abilities: He can see and talk to the dead and tormented spirits of silent hill.

Strengths: His life and past experiences within Silent Hill and otherwise give him a home field advantage while surviving in the hellish city. As well as his ability to commune with the dead make him revered by a cult of worshippers that follow his word to the law within the world.

Weaknesses: As he commands his own cult, he is largely arrogant, and prideful. He has no problem using his influence to make others suffer, but ignores small warnings and threats dismissing them as nothing. 

Back Story: A former ghost-whisperer in Equestria, he was trapped in the town of Silent Hill as a teenager and rose to prominence as a respected individual using his influence to oust control of the cult for himself. The ten years he has spent in the cursed providence made him even more ruthless and cunning. As the town opens it's doors every ten years to allow new sacrifices to ensure it's continued existence on the blood of the innocents. He awaits those who would enter and live their last nights in utter horror.

Are you watching Silent Hill:Revelations too right now? XD It just came on like 1 hour ago and have been watching it. Saw this and went... what a coincidence o.o

Are Alicorns allowed? (Please .3.)

And what kind of History would be involved with this RP? We talking if Silent Hill took place in Equestria or what? .3.

I meant this to be loosely based on the series (video games, or movies). If you have ideas, I am all ears! Yes, it is taking place in Equestria but more like a alternate hellish version. As for alicorns, not sure yet; maybe, make a character and I'll see if you qualify!

Edited by Sriracha

I do have an idea, for the monsters. Maybe they can be killed, temporarily. Like killing them is basically stunning them in a way. I warn you though, I tried hosting a Rainbow Factory RP and it barely lasted a month. Don't raise your hopes too much. (Sorry to be a downer ^.^") My character will be kind of like Alessa if she escaped and had her memory wiped. Still dark and stuff, but not rermembering it.

Name: Shadowknight

Species: Alicorn

Appearance: (Yes this will be a Black colored pony) Stands slightly taller then the average stallion, but a bit more slender then the average stallion. He bares a three clawed (or bladed) scar across his face, from the top of his left eye across to the bottom part of his right cheek. His eyes are an Icey blue and seem to give off a slight glow. His fur is as black as night. His mane and tail are long and wild and are likewise as black as night.

Cutie Mark: A silver shield background with a Rearing silhoutte of a black alicorn with icey blue eyes as a foreground. It symbolizes his willingess to protect others.

Abilities: He can create clouds of shadows with his wings, He also has darkvision which allows him to see through even the darkest of environments (Seems a bit godpowered, but his weaknesses will balancearrow-10x10.png him out, trust me)

Strengths: He is a capable melee fighter and exhibits quite a bit of bravery in the face of danger despite his normal shy nature. He has the tendency to be mistaken for a demon or monster. (I hope that is okay...You can decide when he will be mistaken if you'd like : ) )

Weaknesses: He doesn't know how to use his alicorn magic. (Doesn't know how to control it.) It reacts rather chaotically when he tries, ending in disaster. He also has a weakness towards bright lights, which hurt his eyes due to his Darkvision. They won't blind him, but they will disorient him horribly and cause his vision to be blurry and such. (Flashlights and such basically) This also can take out a good part of his useage with his shadow cloud ability. Basically where he can't create the shadow clouds with his wings.

Back-story: (Heres where the Alessa-bit comes sort of into play) Shadowknight had been born in Silent Hill a few years before the darkness descended. He seemed to have been marked by it. The young one had originally been a pearly white coated pegasus, but the darkness seemed to have corrupted him, except for his eyes. This would not be known until after he had been delivered out of Silent Hill.

Shadowknight's parents had been innocents in the entire event, but they had been caught in the darkness with their child. They had wrapped their child in a blue blanket to try and shield their child as they made their escape. The mother did not get out of Silent Hill and the father after discovering his twisted son had almost killed Shadowknight. He couldn't bring himself to do it and left him out in the wilderness to die, tying his son to a tree and told him it was for his own good with tears in his eyes.

Luckily a group of goodnatured hikers had been in the area and had found the dark child. One of the hikers, a female pegasus who could not bear children took the child in as her own. She raised him, not knowing of his origins. His life had improved with his new mother. However, when he went to school he was an outcast. He grew up not really having friends. They thought he was weird and in one incident, deadly. He had tried to make some bullies go away by using his magic and had set their manes on fire by accident. He had been expelled from school the following day.

It had been on his 13th birthday that he started getting the nightmares. It went on for like this with each year the nightmares getting worse. His magic started activating randomly as well and on his 15th birthday he discovered his shadow cloud ability. It is now at 19 that he may have to answer the calls from his dreams and discover his origins.

---------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I mostly ripped off the storyline from Silent Hill, but -shrugs- I don't intend Shadowknight to be an Alessa/Sharon type character. Just maybe someone that has some influence over the darkness (Just a tiny bit)

I do have an idea, for the monsters. Maybe they can be killed, temporarily. Like killing them is basically stunning them in a way. I warn you though, I tried hosting a Rainbow Factory RP and it barely lasted a month. Don't raise your hopes too much. (Sorry to be a downer ^.^") My character will be kind of like Alessa if she escaped and had her memory wiped. Still dark and stuff, but not rermembering it.

Name: Shadowknight

Species: Alicorn

Appearance: (Yes this will be a Black colored pony) Stands slightly taller then the average stallion, but a bit more slender then the average stallion. He bares a three clawed (or bladed) scar across his face, from the top of his left eye across to the bottom part of his right cheek. His eyes are an Icey blue and seem to give off a slight glow. His fur is as black as night. His mane and tail are long and wild and are likewise as black as night.

Cutie Mark: A silver shield background with a Rearing silhoutte of a black alicorn with icey blue eyes as a foreground. It symbolizes his willingess to protect others.

Abilities: He can create clouds of shadows with his wings, He also has darkvision which allows him to see through even the darkest of environments (Seems a bit godpowered, but his weaknesses will balanceimg-3531467-1-arrow-10x10.png him out, trust me)

Strengths: He is a capable melee fighter and exhibits quite a bit of bravery in the face of danger despite his normal shy nature. He has the tendency to be mistaken for a demon or monster. (I hope that is okay...You can decide when he will be mistaken if you'd like : ) )

Weaknesses: He doesn't know how to use his alicorn magic. (Doesn't know how to control it.) It reacts rather chaotically when he tries, ending in disaster. He also has a weakness towards bright lights, which hurt his eyes due to his Darkvision. They won't blind him, but they will disorient him horribly and cause his vision to be blurry and such. (Flashlights and such basically) This also can take out a good part of his useage with his shadow cloud ability. Basically where he can't create the shadow clouds with his wings.

Back-story: (Heres where the Alessa-bit comes sort of into play) Shadowknight had been born in Silent Hill a few years before the darkness descended. He seemed to have been marked by it. The young one had originally been a pearly white coated pegasus, but the darkness seemed to have corrupted him, except for his eyes. This would not be known until after he had been delivered out of Silent Hill.

Shadowknight's parents had been innocents in the entire event, but they had been caught in the darkness with their child. They had wrapped their child in a blue blanket to try and shield their child as they made their escape. The mother did not get out of Silent Hill and the father after discovering his twisted son had almost killed Shadowknight. He couldn't bring himself to do it and left him out in the wilderness to die, tying his son to a tree and told him it was for his own good with tears in his eyes.

Luckily a group of goodnatured hikers had been in the area and had found the dark child. One of the hikers, a female pegasus who could not bear children took the child in as her own. She raised him, not knowing of his origins. His life had improved with his new mother. However, when he went to school he was an outcast. He grew up not really having friends. They thought he was weird and in one incident, deadly. He had tried to make some bullies go away by using his magic and had set their manes on fire by accident. He had been expelled from school the following day.

It had been on his 13th birthday that he started getting the nightmares. It went on for like this with each year the nightmares getting worse. His magic started activating randomly as well and on his 15th birthday he discovered his shadow cloud ability. It is now at 19 that he may have to answer the calls from his dreams and discover his origins.

---------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I mostly ripped off the storyline from Silent Hill, but -shrugs- I don't intend Shadowknight to be an Alessa/Sharon type character. Just maybe someone that has some influence over the darkness (Just a tiny bit)

Fair enough, your in. We just need more.

As for the monsters, It seems fair, just the bigger the monster, the harder it will be ;).

Edited by Sriracha

Name: Dyna Mite

Appearance: Blue coat, small and black mane and tail. She has green eyes

Cutie Mark: A tripwire explosives

Abilities associated with cutie mark: She is good at laying traps. The traps can temporarily trap (no pun intended) or stun ponies

Strengths: She is rather evasive and good at using stuff to make traps. 

Weakness: She is very weak and can therefore be easily killed if caught

Back Story: Dyna is a filly who has lost her parents. She lives in a orphanage and works at delivering cookies that the orphans bake to raise money for the orphanage. 

Edited by JonasDarkmane

Appearance:

Abilities associated with cutie mark: She is good at laying traps. The traps can temporarily trap (no pun intended) or stun ponies

Back Story: Dyna is a filly who has lost her parents. She lives in a orphanage and works at delivering cookies that the orphans bake to raise money for the orphanage. 

Appearance?

Don't be, some like to express more that's all. So I was thinking, since everyone will be starting in normal Equestria, (unless you want to start in the alternate word too, it's okay.) How I could be bring everyone in? Maybe like everyone wakes up after going to bed in a deserted creepy hotel with no idea of how they got there? What do you think? If have a better idea just post. 

Or like, Silent Hill 4: The Room, When Henry gets trapped in his apartment, the only door being the way into Silent Hill? 

Edited by Sriracha

Might be cool. However, might also be that they were all drawn to the place. They don't know why, but they felt like they were supposed to be there....

Name: Tempest Shift

Type: Pegasus

Appearance: Darkish Blue coat with an Orange Mane

http://mlpforums.com...est-shift-r7495 (for his page, back stories and cutie mark are different)

Cutie Mark: A guitar amplifier.

Abilities associated with cutie mark: Very powerful hearing, can detect patterns easily and is good with technology.

Strengths: Focused, confident and has a knack of finding essential things by accident.

Weakness: Can be hit by waves of sudden doubt of his ability and can sometime go deaf temporarily after a loud noise for a short time. Also has poorish vision and can have a habit of blaming everyone else for his mistakes.

Back Story: Has been exploring the world to learn everything he can about machinery, he was told through old folk lore that there is an ancient machine there which has yet to be properly examined and use, he wishes to be the first one to achieve that goal.

EDIT: I'm inexperienced with horror RPs but have played the Silent Hills games.

Edited by Sylveon the Pink

Name: Tempest Shift

Type: Pegasus

Appearance: Darkish Blue coat with an Orange Mane

http://mlpforums.com...est-shift-r7495 (for his page, back stories and cutie mark are different)

Cutie Mark: A guitar amplifier.

Abilities associated with cutie mark: Very powerful hearing, can detect patterns easily and is good with technology.

Strengths: Focused, confident and has a knack of finding essential things by accident.

Weakness: Can be hit by waves of sudden doubt of his ability and can sometime go deaf temporarily after a loud noise for a short time. Also has poorish vision and can have a habit of blaming everyone else for his mistakes.

Back Story: Has been exploring the world to learn everything he can about machinery, he was told through old folk lore that there is an ancient machine there which has yet to be properly examined and use, he wishes to be the first one to achieve that goal.

EDIT: I'm inexperienced with horror RPs but have played the Silent Hills games.

Okay, your good!

The evilness within the Silent Hill

Hmm, food for thought.

I'll set up the roster now.

Appearance: Blue coat, small and black mane and tail. She has green eyes

Your in!

Edited by Sriracha

Well, Sriracha, your OC's history has it where he is supposedly drawing in ponies for sacrifice or something like that. Maybe that is what is drawing them. The call of your cult or just again the evilness within. I mean my pony has a clear reason for being drawn to the darkness. lol

• Brohoof 1