Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of the Cutie Mark Crusaders?

theonenamedDJ

I personally love them. Their episodes usually have really good morals, a lot of charm, and are usually pretty funny too. Hell, I actually look forward to CMC episodes.

Maybe it's because they're children who have some growing up to do, but the lessons they learn are usually quite good. Every episode has given them some decent character development, and has given them interesting conflicts.

I think what I also like about them is that they don't feel as... archetypal as the Mane 6. In their episodes, they don't feel as exaggerated as the Mane 6 tend to feel. For the sake of comedy or plot, the Mane 6 can be written as exaggerated at times, but the CMC have mostly avoided this.

So, what do you think of the little fillies?

• Brohoof 2

I like them a lot, I don't know why they got a lot of hate in season 1.

Comedy award my butt, if three grade-schoolers made and put on a performance like that, they would have won everything forever.

Likewise there's no way they could have lost the Battle of the Bands!

I don't mind em, but I like the mane 6 much better.  They do have good character developement, for sure.

But admittedly, when I see it's going to be a CMC spotlight, sometimes I'm kinda like:

But that's just because I want to see more of the six.

• Brohoof 1

I dont know but I dont really like them as much as mane6 or other ponies. I mean they have good episodes and all. But they really dont hit me. Only one of the that I kinda like is Sweetie Belle but thats maybe because of her big sister.

I've always liked them. While people may complain about kid characters, these ones are actually pretty decent, and at some points really enjoyable for me. But their cutie mark plotline really feels dragged on now.

they're cute. Scootaloo is best. They need more Babs inclusion, though. And they're too focused on their cutie marks. I know that's their schtick, but it just seems like they're trying to grow up too fast and not enjoying their childhood, to the fullest, when they have their whole lives to discover their special talents.

they're cute. Scootaloo is best. They need more Babs inclusion, though. And they're too focused on their cutie marks. I know that's their schtick, but it just seems like they're trying to grow up too fast and not enjoying their childhood, to the fullest, when they have their whole lives to discover their special talents.

When was the last time cutie marks played a major role in a CMC episode?

I love them. Always excited to see a new CMC episode.

Maybe it's because they are children but their friendship just seems less "forced" to me than the mane 6. They seem to have more in common with each other than some of the mane 6 do. They are writen as their own archetypes, the straight man, the tough one and the sweet one, but their group dynamic just works better IMO than the mane 6. I could belive they would be friends in real life.

I love them. Always excited to see a new CMC episode.

Maybe it's because they are children but their friendship just seems less "forced" to me than the mane 6. They seem to have more in common with each other than some of the mane 6 do. They are writen as their own archetypes, the straight man, the tough one and the sweet one, but their group dynamic just works better IMO than the mane 6. I could belive they would be friends in real life.

I never really thought of that but yeah wow. Some of the mane 6 are simply not friends (Twilight and Pinkie for instance) but the CMC, they have an actually solid, organic friendship.

• Brohoof 1

I like them, but the only ones I care for is Sweetie and Babs, if she counts. Other than that their episodes are usually at least decent but they're 'meh' to me.

Two of them getting their cutie marks and the one who didn't would make for an interesting episode.

Well, during the first two seasons they were...all right, but they were down right annoying. Thanks to season 4, they have GREATLY improved in quality and feel like more than your token child characters.

They're growing; essentially. :)

• Brohoof 1

To me it seems more often than not the cutie mark crusaders are in a "We want to do this. Something is in the way, we can fix it. Oh, we made it worse. We need help fixing it. We fixed it. We are sorry. We still didn't get our cutie marks, lets go do something else!" Honestly the only episodes I can think of that doesn't necessarily follow this formula are the two dream episodes.

With that being said, I don't hate the cutie mark crusaders, but I always just chalk their story arcs as being filler episodes. I have said time and time again, but I want a serious story that actually has a story arc associated with it. Not just "Oopsie daisies we messed up. Oh well its over now, back to life." I want there to be a longer lasting effect type episode with them. Also I am glad their voice actors are going through puberty. Hearing the high pitched squeaky voices all the time was getting old.

I think they're a nice side to the mane 6. They could use a little more development (esp. Apple Bloom) but otherwise they're good. Sweetie Belle is best, I really enjoyed Sisterhooves Social.